Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Where have I said that?

My point was that everyone is basically taking shots in the dark and using this as a stick to beat Utd with.
We don’t have money to waste on the wrong type of player. No.
From the last I saw we have £29m in cash reserves, I think it was. With the club up for sale, the Glazers aren't going to put much upfront, hence why we were structuring our payments for Gakpo.

This is why we'll go for Felix on loan I feel.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This is some meltdown here over an unproven player who plays his best football in the position we have:
- arguably our current most in form player
- our most promising youngster
- a £70m signing many thought was a world beater, currently away on a fitness programme

That's ignoring all those that seem to think we have an unlimited pot of money.

Crimson King

Yep. He's face saving.

PSV have also said it's a record fee for them and more than being reported. In fact some places I've read have it pushed up to 60m euros i.e. somewhere like the £52-55m he was quoting when linking with Utd a couple of days ago.
It will be close to that, there's just less media outlets that shit on Liverpool like they do United. The Liverpool PR is obviously saying it's cheaper than it is, PSV are saying more. I imagine the the truth is somewhere in that middle.

It's the in thing to point out how poorly run we are compared to other teams. I mean it's partly true, but massively over egged in favour of the other teams when they compare us.

No club is perfect, they all miss out on transfers, overpay transfer fees/agents, and etc.

TheReligion

Abusive
Incredible thing to say as well. Ten Hag has been backed to the hilt. Financially in the summer and in the Ronaldo fiasco. Even if he did want him, losing Gakpo is hardly a cross he'd be willing to die on.
I should really log off as it’s exasperating.

United don’t get Gakpo, and it seems like they were never really that interested anyway, now we have people suggesting Ten Hag has been made a fool out of and will resign.

This place is something else!

Hester_manc

Sloppy work by United. If they've had him on their wishlist since last summer, they must know if he's a player they'd like at United or not. Instead of making a final decision, Liverpool snapped him up in less than 24 hours.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Just having a look back to see how close Gakpo was to joining Leeds in the summer and there's a follow up piece on Leeds Live dated 7 Dec with a direct quote from him saying 'I haven't heard from Manchester United yet.' Three days later Nurse says he probably won't be coming here. Looks like the truth was out there all the time but was ignored/overlooked by the bigger click merchants as the (non)story grew legs.

Last edited:

Nick7

United don’t get Gakpo, and it seems like they were never really that interested anyway, now we have people suggesting Ten Hag has been made a fool out of and will resign.

People said the same in the summer when we didn’t sign de Jong. It’s just fifa kiddies and their warped sense of football based on video games.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sloppy work by United. If they've had him on their wishlist since last summer, they must know if he's a player they'd like at United or not. Instead of making a final decision, Liverpool snapped him up in less than 24 hours.
I think that’s the thing. IF they had him on their wish list.

Everything suggests they weren’t as keen on the deal as being made out.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

I think it comes from the goldbridge's of the fan base, who parrot these lines for engagement and sadly seeps into here as well.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Obviously, he wasn't what we need as we are loaded with options at LW. Feck, even Martial can play there. He also might be a very good fit for this Liverpool side.

Meaning, it is a perfect storm for people bitching about it every time he scores or one of Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, Martial or even Antony has a bad game for the next 7 or 8 years. Brilliant!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think it comes from the goldbridge's of the fan base, who parrot these lines for engagement and sadly seeps into here as well.
Goldbridge invited journalist obvious a couple of days ago and the Italian oracle knew nothing about the gakpo-Liverpool deal. No wonder why he is fuming

Leg-End

So why did you want him then?
Because he’s a good player with potential to be really good. But we aren’t in a position to be hoarding players, we have areas of the team that need immediate attention.

IRN-BRUno

This signing wouldn't have made much sense given his strongest position would see Rashford ahead of him and we have Garnacho just starting to come through. He might go on to develop into a good CF but that's not a risk we should be taking.

devilish

Because he’s a good player with potential to be really good. But we aren’t in a position to be hoarding players, we have areas of the team that need immediate attention.
We are months away from changing ownership. There is no way we will spend big money now

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I watched Romanos actual video before the Liverpool news. Early yesterday and if I'm not mistaken all he said was Gakpo has had no issues agreeing with United but the clubs have not agreed anything and it's up to United to show the money.

He's been consistent if I'm not wrong.
He’s a hack.

Player has no problems with moving to a bigger club on more money, what a scoop.

devilish

True, forgot about that. Vested interest.
They both hail of having inside football information and yet they both got blindsided by football historian Nurse. This is the football transfer version of Taibi's blunder against Southampton

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
Quite a bunch have dismissed this guy already, espousing "he's not a 9 anyway".
But Cody is slowly building his game incorporating Henry's approach as as striker (based on his own interview).
Apparently it seems to pay off rather handsomely, his Goals and Assist are skyrocketing.
Granted it's Eredivise.
So, is it really a missed trick or dodged bullet?
I'm not so sure.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Not too bothered about Gakpo. From what I have seen he looks decent with obvious potential to get better but would not be what we need right now which is not potential not a left winger but a proven striker.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s a hack.

Player has no problems with moving to a bigger club on more money, what a scoop.
Not sure how what he said is a "hack". I prefer it to the conjecture that Athletic seemed to drive.

devilish

I watched Romanos actual video before the Liverpool news. Early yesterday and if I'm not mistaken all he said was Gakpo has had no issues agreeing with United but the clubs have not agreed anything and it's up to United to show the money.

He's been consistent if I'm not wrong.
Tier 1 journalist/oracle/prophet/football Jesus should have known that Liverpool were closing in. I mean football archaeologist nurse brought the news ahead of him.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's perfectly feasible that he's a good signing for Liverpool but not a good signing for United.

Can anyone honestly say Gakpo is that good he's worth effectively binning Garnacho off for?

Garnacho for us has been very exciting and plays in a way United wingers have always done. Fast, can beat a man and have an eye for goal. You buy Gakpo and that's Garnacho on the bench for the rest of the season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tier 1 journalist/oracle/prophet/football Jesus should have known that Liverpool were closing in. I mean football archaeologist nurse brought the news ahead of him.
So because he's not Tier 1 he's a hack?

OK that makes a world of sense.

devilish

The thing is that Romano (and his cronies) portray him as tier 1. This is the transfer rumour equivalent of a Caf member knocking Tyson Fury out in round 1 of a boxing match. FFS Nurse knew about it ahead of Romano. Let that sink in

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Reasons to be pleased:
- we don’t need him
- Garnacho
- we already have better players in the positions he plays imo
- Liverpool have better players in the positions he plays

Not saying he’s a bad player, but he’s a luxury we don’t need

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

It's more live by the sword, die by the sword. He portrays himself as the transfer guru and breaking exclusives, so this is actually pretty poor by the standards he sets. Especially when he argues with random twitter users about his claims.

Hackman2210

How many more left sided forwards did we need anyway?? Rashford, garnacho, Martial, Sancho - we are stacked on that side of the field. Did not convince me when I watched him playing for holland. We need a Mark Hughes type striker. A powerhouse to lead the line for us.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Reasons to be pleased:
- we don’t need him
- Garnacho
- we already have better players in the positions he plays imo
- Liverpool have better players in the positions he plays

Not saying he’s a bad player, but he’s a luxury we don’t need
Liverpool have also got Mane hangover still, they just haven't replaced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.