Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

simplyared

Cole Palmer to Chelsea for 47m. In terms of age, quality, potential must be the best buy of the season. Pep, whatever he may say, got that one wrong. Imagine how he feels everytime he looks at his bench and sees Grealish. And we moan about Antony!

Rojofiam

Cole Palmer to Chelsea for 47m. In terms of age, quality, potential must be the best buy of the season. Pep, whatever he may say, got that one wrong. Imagine how he feels everytime he looks at his bench and sees Grealish. And we moan about Antony!
They don't play in the same positions and they offer different things to the team.

With Haaland up top, Grealish doesn't need to be a risk-taker and his ball retention is one of the best out there. He has a way more passive role than the one he had at Villa.

Palmer is a really good passer and right now, he's being used as the main creative outlet at Chelsea. I think he's really good, but his future lies in the middle rather than the right wing.

If you switch the two players and their roles, Grealish would look the much better player.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Even worse when he doesn't see Grealish (because he's been hurt) and instead just sees the likes of Bobb, Doku, and Nunes.

Take away one huge match against Bournemouth and Doku has 1 goal and 1 assist total in league play. That's the guy Pep effectively swapped in for Palmer.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Even worse when he doesn't see Grealish (because he's been hurt) and instead just sees the likes of Bobb, Doku, and Nunes.

Take away one huge match against Bournemouth and Doku has 1 goal and 1 assist total in league play. That's the guy Pep effectively swapped in for Palmer.
Yall wrongly assume he cares. Pep never misses unhappy players.....

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

No, Doku is the guy he swapped in for Mahrez. Palmer competes with Foden, Alvarez, Bernardo and De Bruyne

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Palmer wanted and needed first team football, Pep and City couldn't offer that. Palmer is doing great in Chelsea and Chelsea will eventually turn around with so many talents in the squad.
Personally, I have no worries about Chelsea succeeding eventually. My doubt's are strictly on Poche being the man to harness it. For all the crap talked about the Boehly's. Their recruitment has been strategic and long term. Im in a minority who has rated it highly. The only thing left is bagging a top draw senior cf.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
21 year old. English. 15 G+ 11A in 36 games in his first season as a starter in EPL. 70-80 million can only get you Antony or may be Olise these days.
Fair point. Though I would say talent wise there isn't much to separate Olise and him. But Palmer seems fairly injury free so far, so he is making more out of his tools. Also, as shite as Chelsea are, they're still a better team than Palace so it's not exactly a fair comparison.

IRELANDUNITED

He looks like a United player and apparently is a United fan as well. No reason he couldn’t get his dream move to us in the not too distant future.

mu4c_20le

21 year old. English. 15 G+ 11A in 36 games in his first season as a starter in EPL. 70-80 million can only get you Antony or may be Olise these days.
Half his goals are from penalties. Reminds me of Bruno's debut season.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Manchester lad, United fan…

what’s his contract like at Chelsea? Got a feeling he’ll play for us one day.
£80k a week for 7 years.

Chelsea getting relegated and needing to flog everyone is your best chance of getting him.

Not impossible but on the list of players we'd want to sell, he'll be near to the bottom.

mu4c_20le

£80k a week for 7 years.

Chelsea getting relegated and needing to flog everyone is your best chance of getting him.

Not impossible but on the list of players we'd want to sell, he'll be near to the bottom.
That's cute, but I doubt it'll be in your hands if you stay allergic to Europe in the next few years.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
£80k a week for 7 years.

Didn't you think the same about Mount as well ?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
For his playing style, if he decide to leave one day, it will be probably back to City, then Arsenal or Liverpool if Xabi Alonso is the next manager.

criticalanalysis

There is no way he is on low wages. This is entering Liverpool zone now.
I know you're making a serious point but I will never get tired of laughing at the ridiculousness of this when I read it out of context in my head. Your post is almost too on the nose :lol:. So succinct and without irony.

Anyways, I wonder what new noodle sponsor we will get with INEOS.

CristianRon7

Cole Paler is such a baller. Chelsea made a sage move by purchasing him from Man City last summer. According to the Sports Stats platform, he has 11 goals and seven assists in the Premier League, which is very impressive. I hope he will continue to progress. I have high hopes for this lad.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's not on low wages. He's on 80 grand a week as a 21 year old.
When players half his talent are earning way more than that, no way he is on 80k per week and he isn't dumb enough to sign 80K for 7 years.

Like I said, Liverpool territory. Everyone will be earning packet of crisps but when the actual wage bill is published, it's so high. Doesn't add up.

MegadrivePerson

He has been a lot better than I expected.

it will be interesting to see what the club and player do if a big club comes in for him this summer.

He's far too good to be in a mid table team.

Hammondo

If a ridiculously big bid came in I think they probably would.

We bought him for 42 mil I think. Triple that and the suits at Clearlake would struggle to say no.
Yea but that's not happening.