College Football 2023

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I stepped out during halftime but the commentators mentioned getting an explanation on that FSU/Miami safety play... was an explanation provided on that obvious safety that was not ruled a safety?
Nope. There was also another suspect call that the broadcasters needed clarification on & requested such from the booth, nothing but crickets.

e - it was the targeting no call, I believe.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I stepped out during halftime but the commentators mentioned getting an explanation on that FSU/Miami safety play... was an explanation provided on that obvious safety that was not ruled a safety?
The ACC have scrambled a representative to explain it. Can’t find the link right now.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I haven't seen Duke get hosed by the officials like that since Duke-Miami in 2015. Repeated phantom calls for facemask, DPI, and holding. Ignoring an interception that would have sealed the game for Duke, and then ignoring ineligible receivers downfield on UNC's go-ahead 2PC.

IT'S A feckING DISGRACE.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I haven't seen Duke get hosed by the officials like that since Duke-Miami in 2015. Repeated phantom calls for facemask, DPI, and holding. Ignoring an interception that would have sealed the game for Duke, and then ignoring ineligible receivers downfield on UNC's go-ahead 2PC.

IT'S A feckING DISGRACE.
Yeah, the zebras / booths didn’t cover themselves in glory officiating ACC games yesterday.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I saw a normally sane commentator say the college coaching carousel was going to get insane this time around; I thought it would be Harbaugh bolting for the NFL kicking it off. Maybe it starts here...

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Well sky just emailed to say that they have the rights for college football now. I know that BT used to show games previously through their ESPN connection but they never put in any effort

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Now I know we are playing our one sacrificial lamb of the season tonight & it's gonna be a 'pad Travis' stats for a half, get healthy, get non-starters reps' game, but I didn't think we'd get relegated all the way down to the fecking CW channel.

e - apparently it is the channel for ACC games. Who knew?

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Literally being dismantled by an FCS team on Senior Night :lol:

We don’t deserve the CW channel!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Here I am thinking @calodo2003 is overreacting and FSU will be just fine come end of the night.

It looks like all top sides (except for Florida State) are choosing to peak at the right time. Georgia-Alabama, OSU-TTUN, Oregon-Washington are going to be top tier clashes.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Here I am thinking @calodo2003 is overreacting and FSU will be just fine come end of the night.

It looks like all top sides (except for Florida State) are choosing to peak at the right time. Georgia-Alabama, OSU-TTUN, Oregon-Washington are going to be top tier clashes.
I wish I was overreacting. One silver lining is our backup QB is quality, good enough to beat Florida & battle v. Louisville.

Wouldn’t be surprised that Travis suffered much the same injury as Mark Andrews did Thursday night.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
North Alabama apparently runs the most trick plays than anyone in the nation, BS & CS They've already run at least four so far. Completely neutralizing our speed on defense.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Texas doing their near collective best to take themselves out of any possible playoff contention.
-Holding call cancels out touchdown, settle for FG
-Fumble inside ISU 10 after long run, no points
-Punt return for touchdown nullified by illegal block in the back, settle for FG on ensuing drive

That's 15 points lost through stupidity. Fortunately, the defense is holding ISU to basically nothing as well, leading 6-3 at the half. Rubbish game.

It hurts having lost Brooks for the season, the running game is missing the explosiveness.

Carolina Red

Staff
Hopefully this week was part 1 of Clemson’s conquest of the Carolinas. Felt good knowing another potential 1st round QB pick is now winless in their career against the Tigers.

I see that the downward spiral at USC has continued. Lost 5 of the last 6 and the one with was 50-49 against Cal. Yikes

App State once again being the dream killer at James Madison. Love to see it.

Duke has now lost 4 of the last 5 games and completely killed their chances of a good bowl game. Gotta feel it’s a lack of depth issue as they’ve gotten later into the season. Keep an eye on their freshman QB though. He was playing HS ball when he was an 8th grader. Good student of the game.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
As special as MHJ is, is it fair to say it's gonna be between Nabers and Odunze for the Biletnikoff this season?

Nabers looking like a Chase level of talent by now if you look at some important stats which usually translate to the pros. And Odunze moves like a guy 6'3 shouldn't be moving.

adexkola

Supports
Disappointing to see, but Washington deserves to be fourth...

Favorite time of the year; CFB projections...

1. The loser of OSU-TTUN drops out of the top 4
2. Washington still have to play against a very strong Oregon
3. If Georgia loses to Alabama... they probably both make the playoffs

If you guys win out in the ACC then you're in I think. Even if it's ugly. They'll take injuries into consideration to an extent. Florida sucks this season but stranger things have happened...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Favorite time of the year; CFB projections...

1. The loser of OSU-TTUN drops out of the top 4
2. Washington still have to play against a very strong Oregon
3. If Georgia loses to Alabama... they probably both make the playoffs

If you guys win out in the ACC then you're in I think. Even if it's ugly. They'll take injuries into consideration to an extent. Florida sucks this season but stranger things have happened...
This reminds me of 1998 when we lost Chris Weinke to injury in the penultimate regular season game & Marcus Outzen did just enough for us to get by Florida & stay close to Tennessee in the natty, losing by 6. Our back up is quite seasoned, but the Swamp is a tough, tough place to play at night. I'll take two sketchy Ws the next two games.

Saturday is going to be a fun day.

adexkola

Supports
For chaos, imagine the following

1 loss Alabama: SEC champ
1 loss Georgia
Undefeated OSU/TTUN: Big10 champ
Loser of OSU-TTUN
1 loss Texas: beat Bama, Big12 champ
1 loss FSU
1 loss Louisville: ACC champ
1 loss Oregon: Pac12 champ
1 loss Washington

Who makes it in?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

1 loss Georgia
Loser of OSU-TTUN
1 loss FSU
1 loss Washington

Who makes it in?
Have no earthly idea, but I'd love to see it just for the lulz.

I know who 'TTUN' is, but what does it stand for?

Carolina Red

Staff

1 loss Georgia
Loser of OSU-TTUN
1 loss FSU
1 loss Washington

Who makes it in?
In that scenario, I'd go with...

SEC Champ, B1G Champ, Big 12 Champ, Pac12 Champ

adexkola

Supports
Works for me.

I was thinking along a cheating angle & was stumping myself.
Old habits die hard :D We used to cross out all the M's in the department signs during rivalry week.

Don't care too much about the sign stealing hoopla. Will make it even more excruciating if they get a win without Harbaugh; would prove this was just bulletin material for them.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Old habits die hard :D We used to cross out all the M's in the department signs during rivalry week.

Don't care too much about the sign stealing hoopla. Will make it even more excruciating if they get a win without Harbaugh; would prove this was just bulletin material for them.
Yeah, y’all just cannot lose. I have a couple of close OSU supporting friends & I plan on sending welfare checks to their houses if OSU leaves the Big House with an L.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

1 loss Georgia
Loser of OSU-TTUN
1 loss FSU
1 loss Washington

Who makes it in?
Here ya go.... the UM/OSU winner somehow loses in the B1G(+4) title game.