Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Royce v Lupe back and forth is great.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s a banging track too, I can’t help liking his stuff and it doesn’t hurt that he’s such a great character.

lsd

The Oracle
It’s a banging track too, I can’t help liking his stuff and it doesn’t hurt that he’s such a great character.

His songs do sound the same to me but in his case they are really catchy and he is clearly talented

The video is going to be great for you tube reactions as well

M16Red

Dave UK rapper and Man Utd fan released his second album Friday.

He name checks a couple of Utd players in a few tracks.

Talented lad this guy.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The Royce v Lupe back and forth is great.
Royce really embarrassed himself. They were all joking around but then Royce had to keep throwing in a bunch of snide comments on top of everything else, basically thinking that Lupe and his nerd crew couldn't really do it, when actually that's all they do.

It's that mainstream hip hop stupidity of mistaking fame and career success for a skill metric.

and it's that stupidity that doesn't think the kick push kid isn't a cutthroat.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's absolutely class. Winding up the right people as well :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just seen the thing about DaBaby's comments on HIV and gay men. What a cnut. Not sure why he's even relevant considering his music is so generic and also he's called 'DaBaby' ffs. Some proper shit names knocking about these days.

TI is a wanker as well.

DaBaby's comments were supported by rapper TI, who said if Lil Nas X - who regularly asserts his sexuality on stage - was able to say and do as he liked, then DaBaby should be able to do the same.
As if they're equal things... Add to the whole hymen thing, bloke is a fecking weirdo.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's absolutely class. Winding up the right people as well :lol:
Case in point below, eurgh, what a pair of twats.

Just seen the thing about DaBaby's comments on HIV and gay men. What a cnut. Not sure why he's even relevant considering his music is so generic and also he's called 'DaBaby' ffs. Some proper shit names knocking about these days.

TI is a wanker as well.

As if they're equal things... Add to the whole hymen thing, bloke is a fecking weirdo.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
TI isn’t just a ‘weirdo’. He’s a serial sexual abuser. Genuinely there’s been around 20+ women who have come out with accusations against him. Fecking vermin.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Let's gooooooo

EDIT: RIP Young is a bop.

Last edited:

Pickle85

The new Dave album is incredible
I quite liked it on first listen but really liked it on second. Don't think it quite measured up to Psychodrama but it's still a great second album. He's the most talented British rapper around for me. Along with Ghetts. Ghetts' latest (earlier this year) is brilliant too. The UK rap scene is really thriving ATM.

SuperiorXI

I quite liked it on first listen but really liked it on second. Don't think it quite measured up to Psychodrama but it's still a great second album. He's the most talented British rapper around for me. Along with Ghetts. Ghetts' latest (earlier this year) is brilliant too. The UK rap scene is really thriving ATM.
Yeah agreed, Ghetts is great also. My favorite is probably Remtrex or Giggs.

Stacks

TI is a wanker as well.

Case in point below, eurgh, what a pair of twats.
Hip hop has always been a hyper masculine, music genre from "the streets" made by hyper masculine Black/Latino men so it is of zero surprise to me whatsoever to hear him make ignorant comments. He has a large rap sheet including hitting a black woman, his crew jumping people and killing a kid (although claimed self defence). It is interesting to see that this is where the industry draws the line. If I was LGBTQ I would probably steer clear of hip hop as I'd envisage hearing stuff that offended me especially when rapper diss each other they tend to make homosexual claims about each other etc. It is also no surprise the male artists in hip hip would jump to his defence.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If I was LGBTQ I would probably steer clear of hip hop as I'd envisage hearing stuff that offended me especially when rapper diss each other they tend to make homosexual claims about each other etc.
Even more kudos to Lil Nas X then.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
At least someone doesn't ignore my questions! :lol:
Yeah, class album. Potter's cadence and rap flow is the closest thing the UK has got to the east coast style. I'd say my favourite track is "Frank White" and the last track "Learn".
Frank white is class, I liked poetry in motion and midnight on ilford lane best. Could pick new favorites every listen though.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Dipset vs Lox versuz was brilliant. Jadakiss cementing his goat status. Lots of funny little barbs in there too, Freaky Zeaky acting a clown through the whole thing.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jadakiss is such a dope rapper. But a lot of solo stuff disappoints me

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah he has never been able to put a body of work together one can deem a classic. But he's had so many memorable moments on wax that it doesn't matter. I can't think of anyone else for whom this applies.

20solskjaer

Jada is borderline top 5DOA for me, hes at worst about 6 or 7

i think the issue he has with solo stuff is the label gets involved and expects him to have a variety of different kinds of tracks

im sure he would rather not have singles aimed at radio or love songs but they seem to be where he struggles to find the same level that he does when hes comfortable

haven’t watched the whole of the verzuz yet but i loved his “let me talk” arguement and then the freestyle after, seemed to be alot of barbs aimed towards cam, i’m not sure i’ve ever seem someone taking shots at somebody else hes on stage with :lol:

he was in that kind of mood right from the start, shouting telling them to “hurry the feck up” and then pointing out that cam lives in miami when arguing about who goes first