Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Sam

yeah heard that yesterday, ummm, dunno, not really feeling it, maybe needs time to grow....it's a bit 'weak' IMO
I really don't like the drums in the background. I think without them, it'd be a much better track. IMO of course.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Jay-Z was too lazy, Rhianna can't sing, I like what Kanye did with his vocals, and the beat is nice

It could be a hit but I think Jigga should have stuck with this Drake single, he's everyones favorite rapper right now.

Tibs

Rhianna is shit, and has a negative impact on the song.

Anybody know what Andre 3000 is up to? Is he working on new material?

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Anybody know what Andre 3000 is up to? Is he working on new material?
He just released a bit of a snipped track recently, one of the best verses i've heard in a long time... after Royal Flush failed miserably for Big Boi and Green Light was a hit I think he should get back to it... the song is promising, I just can't remember the name of it.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
XXLMag.com has learned that Compton rapper The Game will be dropping his new album The R.E.D. on Interscope Records.

“Game will definitely be directly on Interscope,” Chuck Taylor’s longtime manager, Jimmy Rosemond, told XXL in an email.

The West Coast heavyweight’s first disc, 2005’s The Documentary, was released on the label but after his falling out with G-Unit he was moved to Geffen where he put out his last two LPs, 2006’s The Doctor’s Advocate and 2008’s LAX.

Along with Cool & Dre, The R.E.D. will also feature collaborations from Lil Wayne, Lady GaGa, Pharrell, Kanye West and Gucci Mane, according to Rosemond. The disc is slated to hit shelves in early December, unless it conflicts with Game’s role in the new A-Team remake. Although he wasn’t confirmed for the part earlier this month, Rosemond assures XXL that Game will be playing B.A. Baracus, Mr. T’s signature role from the popular ’80s TV show—in the upcoming film. “He’s slated for an early December release,” Rosemond said of the album, “unless he starts shooting The A-Team movie this October in Canada.”

Game is currently on tour overseas. –Jesse Gissen

Link:
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=53150

HsJ

Jay-Z was too lazy, Rhianna can't sing, I like what Kanye did with his vocals, and the beat is nice

It could be a hit but I think Jigga should have stuck with this Drake single, he's everyones favorite rapper right now.
Kanye ripped the track tbh.
Jay wasnt as lazy as you think, his verses were alright.

Rihanna has a decent enough voice, and she gives a good hook for this I think its better than the Drake version.

Epic

ding ding ding ding ding!
If we had a prop button I would prop you that was the exact response I was hoping for, the exact reason I posted it :lol:
It's just crazy how this guy, whilst having no talent whatsoever, is getting featured on tracks by more and more high profile rappers.

Member 5225

XXLMag.com has learned that Compton rapper The Game will be dropping his new album The R.E.D. on Interscope Records.

“Game will definitely be directly on Interscope,” Chuck Taylor’s longtime manager, Jimmy Rosemond, told XXL in an email.

The West Coast heavyweight’s first disc, 2005’s The Documentary, was released on the label but after his falling out with G-Unit he was moved to Geffen where he put out his last two LPs, 2006’s The Doctor’s Advocate and 2008’s LAX.

Along with Cool & Dre, The R.E.D. will also feature collaborations from Lil Wayne, Lady GaGa, Pharrell, Kanye West and Gucci Mane, according to Rosemond. The disc is slated to hit shelves in early December, unless it conflicts with Game’s role in the new A-Team remake. Although he wasn’t confirmed for the part earlier this month, Rosemond assures XXL that Game will be playing B.A. Baracus, Mr. T’s signature role from the popular ’80s TV show—in the upcoming film. “He’s slated for an early December release,” Rosemond said of the album, “unless he starts shooting The A-Team movie this October in Canada.”

Game is currently on tour overseas. –Jesse Gissen

Link:
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=53150
:drool::drool:

Sam

Run this town has really grown on me.

I like it :)

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
'Forever' was a bit rubbish.

Might be because I was half expecting some 'Swagger Like Us' stuff.

Must say that I'm not really feeling Drake at all.

Have yet to hear one single record I've liked...

Kid Cudi (and Big Sean for that matter) > Drake any day for me...

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
'Forever' was a bit rubbish.

Might be because I was half expecting some 'Swagger Like Us' stuff.

Must say that I'm not really feeling Drake at all.

Have yet to hear one single record I've liked...

Kid Cudi (and Big Sean for that matter) > Drake any day for me...
F*ck Drake, J Cole shits on him and that forever song isnt anything special

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
fecking hell i can rap better than all of those faggots. not to mention they're all probably soft as all-feck.

gangsters my arse.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
fecking hell i can rap better than all of those faggots. not to mention they're all probably soft as all-feck.

gangsters my arse.
lol Gucci Mane was on a murder charge and beat it
Shawty Lo 'runs' a section of Atlanta I dont think those 2 are soft I dont know or care for OJ or Soulja Boy.
But in terms of rapping better than them you probably could

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
The only Drake song I have on my iPod is this
and it's because of Nipsy Hussle. I have always had a thing for west coast rappers him and Jay Rock are the next out of the west

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I don't mind Gucci Mane on a day, I can't hate on Soulja Boy's money making, but all 4 of them are no good

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I don't mind Gucci Mane on a day, I can't hate on Soulja Boy's money making, but all 4 of them are no good
I dont know what the hell happened all of a sudden everyone including my bro love him. Can't get away from the guy, soulja boy peeves me I can't stand him and its a shame when people thinkof the south they forget Bun B, Scarface, 3 Stacks and remember these guys

20solskjaer

I dont know what the hell happened all of a sudden everyone including my bro love him. Can't get away from the guy, soulja boy peeves me I can't stand him and its a shame when people thinkof the south they forget Bun B, Scarface, 3 Stacks and remember these guys
same here, when i talk to other heads and i tell them i listen to alot of south they instantly think souja boy and shit like that, its a real shame that scarface, chamillionaire, bun b, luda, slim thug, lil keke, magno, three 6, coota bang and the like dont get as much recognition as all the shit

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
same here, when i talk to other heads and i tell them i listen to alot of south they instantly think souja boy and shit like that, its a real shame that scarface, chamillionaire, bun b, luda, slim thug, lil keke, magno, three 6, coota bang and the like dont get as much recognition as all the shit
Luda! How could I forget him he is so underrated and over looked when it comes to great rappers