Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Member 5225

haven't been feeling Jay-Z much lately, but this new joint off Blueprint 3 (prod by Timbaland) isn't bad...nice hook

Member 5225

BP3 = Fail
I aint feckin with that album, shit I should DL and bootleg it
yep been thinking the same, however only 3-4 tracks have been leaked so far and although I don't like D.O.A and ain't a huge fan of 'Run This Town' I reckon the last couple of tracks have been okay (listenable)....so best wait to give it a chance IMO

ps. The R.E.D Album :drool:

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Luda! How could I forget him he is so underrated and over looked when it comes to great rappers
Ludacris is extremely underrated in my opinion.

One of the sickest flows in the game and the way he flips his flow all over the shop is brilliant.

Saw him live this summer and he didn't disappoint.

wancolos

I wonder in the forever remix is Eminem subliminally dissing Kanye with the Pinocchio line? Who knows
Highly doubt it.

Firstly, it would be a rather odd move from Eminem.

Especially considering Kanye is on the same track, but weird just in general as well.

And it's not like there's any reference to Kanye anyway, except for the fact that he has a "freestyle" called 'Pinocchio Story'.

wancolos

Not really feeling much of what as been leaked from BP3 so far.

Disappointing really. Was hoping we were in for a classic this time. Instead it might be some of his weakest shit yet.

An absolute legend in the game, and a personal favorite, no doubt about that, but perhaps it's time to consider retirement? Again...

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Highly doubt it.

Especially considering Kanye is on the same track, but weird just in general as well.

And it's not like there's any reference to Kanye anyway, except for the fact that he has a "freestyle" called 'Pinocchio Story'.
Well, 50 is Eminem's close compadre and I don't think Fifty is particulrly cool with Mr West. Who knows though

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Highly doubt it.

Especially considering Kanye is on the same track,
but weird just in general as well.

This is not a new phenom look at LL Cool J and Canibus

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Not really feeling much of what as been leaked from BP3 so far.

Disappointing really. Was hoping we were in for a classic this time. Instead it might be some of his weakest shit yet.

An absolute legend in the game, and a personal favorite, no doubt about that, but perhaps it's time to consider retirement? Again...
Well the single is going to go #1, his first #1 single ever (Shocking isn't it?) and it did the trick.

Off that will be next, Jay-Z, the hottest rapper in the game right now, in a club song... Yup, success.

Venus vs Mars is actually a really cool song, I dont know where it fits but it's neat.

Reminder is lyrically awesome but the rest is kind of bleh.

Ghetto Techno, thank god, won't be on the album.

I don't know, im reserving judgement, I think it'll be like Blueprint 2.5

Member 5225

Well the single is going to go #1, his first #1 single ever (Shocking isn't it?) and it did the trick.

Off that will be next, Jay-Z, the hottest rapper in the game right now, in a club song... Yup, success.

Venus vs Mars is actually a really cool song, I dont know where it fits but it's neat.

Reminder is lyrically awesome but the rest is kind of bleh.

Ghetto Techno, thank god, won't be on the album.

I don't know, im reserving judgement, I think it'll be like Blueprint 2.5
am loving Reminder...Venus vs Mars is 'neat' - agreed

a lot of the tracks are all over the place

wancolos

Well, 50 is Eminem's close compadre and I don't think Fifty is particulrly cool with Mr West. Who knows though
Kanye West and 50 have no beef.

They've both said so on numerous occasions.

And 50 Cent isn't exactly one to keep his beefs on the low...

wancolos

May I ask where you...acquired this?

Epic

I haven't listened to a single Jay Z track a good year or two now. And I haven't listened a single Kid Cudi nor Drake track, am I missing out on a lot?

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I haven't listened to a single Jay Z track a good year or two now. And I haven't listened a single Kid Cudi nor Drake track, am I missing out on a lot?
Id say yes but it's up to you.

OB4CL2 Leaked !

HsJ

Seems like im the only one who thought BP3 was shit.

Its just not Jay-Z....

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Seems like im the only one who thought BP3 was shit.

Its just not Jay-Z....
It's a grower... from 2/5 to 3/5

Not strong, but a few of the songs are decent upon second or third listens.

On to the Next One is a perfect example, I shook my head first time around, now I think it's my favorite track.

HsJ

It's a grower... from 2/5 to 3/5

Not strong, but a few of the songs are decent upon second or third listens.

On to the Next One is a perfect example, I shook my head first time around, now I think it's my favorite track.
If you keep listening to any song, you will end up liking it...

HsJ

... Right
Should have phrased that properly, sorry. I meant that if you keep listening to something which is by an artist you like, you most probably will end up liking it too - like the song "on to the next one", i bet you hate it now, but give it a few weeks of constantly listening to it, and you will like it, despite it being a shit song.

But this BP3 album is very poor by the standards set by the two leaked tracks. There are only 3-4 highlights on the album, and out of 16 odd tracks, thats poor. gets ** from me.

Only tracks i'd bother to put on my ipod are: already home, thank you, DOA and Run this town.