Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

infamous7

unpopular opinion
after good kid maad city kendrick is hit or miss, dont really care for him anymore
hes the kind of guy that could do a kanye lift yourself scoop da poop track and still get praise for it

GlasgowCeltic

Feel like every time I listen to an Elzhi album I come away thinking skill wise he may be the greatest

Pickle85

Anyone heard the new Lupe Fiasco album? Just putting it on for a listen here and like it so far. Atmospheric and he's got a great ear for a rhyme. Not gonna move the needle significantly but an enjoyable listen so far.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Anyone heard the new Lupe Fiasco album? Just putting it on for a listen here and like it so far. Atmospheric and he's got a great ear for a rhyme. Not gonna move the needle significantly but an enjoyable listen so far.
Yep, really like it but nothing spectacular.

Dan_F

Been looking forward to this. Hope it’s better than Born 2 Rap. Not that I didn’t like that album, just thought it wasn’t really what Game is best at. If he can follow it up with another tour stop in Bristol, that would be great :D

Pickle85

Does Em go back at Game after that one? I can’t remember anybody going at him as hard as Game has in this track.
At this point, dissing eminem feels about at relevant as dissing your granddad. Em is the past master at punching down, mind, so no sympathy here. Will be interesting to see if he replies. It seems a bit desperate from the game to me tbh, but doesn't he have previous for this kind of thing?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Does Em go back at Game after that one? I can’t remember anybody going at him as hard as Game has in this track.
The Game's track is quite good, I don't think anyone did an Eminem diss so well, I think it'll bring something good from Em.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
The problem with Game dissing Eminem is in five minutes time he still saying Eminem is the greatest ever and there is no beef before then dissing him again five minutes after that and repeat.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The problem with Game dissing Eminem is in five minutes time he still saying Eminem is the greatest ever and there is no beef before then dissing him again five minutes after that and repeat.
He's calling him a has been, not a never been.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Eminem replying to Game would be entertaining but it also seems Game is doing his attention seeking bit again, so replying to him would be what Game is desperate for.

Is this all because Game wasn’t invited to the super bowl?

SuperiorXI

Eminem replying to Game would be entertaining but it also seems Game is doing his attention seeking bit again, so replying to him would be what Game is desperate for.

Is this all because Game wasn’t invited to the super bowl?
It's just attention seeking as you said. The Game was never close to the popularity of the rest of that line up.

Dan_F

Yeah, so its album is insane. First 13/14 tracks is a classic on its own. Game is top 10 easily.
I got about that far this morning and was really impressed, but then I started work and ended up flicking through to some of the songs that I was desperate to hear like Start from scratch 2. Not sure if it holds that initial quality for the whole two hours, but it feels like his best work for a while.

BootsyCollins

I got about that far this morning and was really impressed, but then I started work and ended up flicking through to some of the songs that I was desperate to hear like Start from scratch 2. Not sure if it holds that initial quality for the whole two hours, but it feels like his best work for a while.
Yes it falls of a little bit after ”what we not gon do” except for ”Rubi’s Rose” that are amazing. I think if i take the 20/25 best songs and make a playlist i will have a album to bump and enjoy for a long time

JP77

I'd agree, I think it's his best work since The Documentary in fact. I think he dropped off massively over the years but on first listen there's some great stuff on this album.

Whether it's for attention or not, the Eminem diss track brings interest. How does it look if Game comes at Em' with a track like this which to be perfectly honest is easily the best diss track ever aimed at him (not hard in fairness). You can't go at the likes of MGK, Benzino, Ja etc and then stay quiet the minute a legit rapper comes at you can you? And he come at him hard on that track.

20solskjaer

The game album has some great tracks, way too much filler for me though, theres a classic in there if you took maybe 16-18 of them and made that the album

not sure what everyones hearing with the em diss though, to me its horrible, theres a few disrespectful lines but for the most part its pretty lame, he talks about how he doesnt listen to eminem but then makes multiple references to different points of ems career, theres the wish.com level em flows and wordplay he rips off, theres some
terrible bars in there too: the lizzo making him hard line and then this beauty

I never heard you in a club, I never heard you in a bar
Eleven albums and ten never got played inside of my car
I’d rather listen to Snitch9ine like sixty-nine times
And participate in sixty-nines with sixty-nine nuns than listen to you
I might be alone on this though :lol:

sebsheep

The game album has some great tracks, way too much filler for me though, theres a classic in there if you took maybe 16-18 of them and made that the album

not sure what everyones hearing with the em diss though, to me its horrible, theres a few disrespectful lines but for the most part its pretty lame, he talks about how he doesnt listen to eminem but then makes multiple references to different points of ems career, theres the wish.com level em flows and wordplay he rips off, theres some
terrible bars in there too: the lizzo making him hard line and then this beauty

I might be alone on this though :lol:
I'm not entirely sure it counts as a diss track, the first 4 minutes or so just seems to be it's own song right.

He could be telling the truth about not listening to the albums in the car though, but he definitely listened to them somewhere and I'm sure I heard he said Eminem was in his top 4. Either way they're all too old for these shenanigans.

Lay

The Eminem diss track just seems like he’s taken all the hot takes about Eminem that have been around the internet for years.

The whole Eminem doesn’t get played in clubs, hoods etc has been said to death a decade ago. The best response to that was by a battle rapper from Detroit who said no one plays Eminem in the clubs in Detroit but it doesn’t matter because Eminem gets played in every country in the world. Chris Rock mentioned it about 5-6 years ago for example.

He mentioned D12 who haven’t been around since 2007 or whatever. It’s a diss record that would have been great 10 years ago. There’s a lot of old disses that aren’t relevant anymore. I expected more, because Game can do great diss tracks but I felt I was back in 2008 when I listened to it.

Lay

Also Ja Rule’s “your mothers a crack head and Kim’s a known slut, so I wonder what Hailie will be like when she grows up” is the best anyone has got at Eminem. That still makes me go damn when I hear it :lol: Talking about Hailie in 2022 is just desperation though.

lsd

The Oracle
The Game is practically begging Em to come back at him and make him relevant

Exactly I used to be a fan of The Game but he is just like those comedians now void of ideas so all they do is look for something controversial for shock value.

You know he has nothing against Eminem but just thinks it's good for career to get into a battle with him

Dan_F

Exactly I used to be a fan of The Game but he is just like those comedians now void of ideas so all they do is look for something controversial for shock value.

You know he has nothing against Eminem but just thinks it's good for career to get into a battle with him
I mean, this accounts for most hip hop beef anyway. Especially with The Game. He’s always used it as a way of keeping his name out there.

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah, so its album is insane. First 13/14 tracks is a classic on its own. Game is top 10 easily.

I doubt he is top fifty and I quite like some of his stuff but he fell off years ago.

Finally listened to his supposed Eminem diss if it even is a diss as it's one of the weirdest ones I've ever heard.

He spends more time praising him and mentioning everything he ever did he may as well have changed his name to Stan.

He certainly has issues but most of them are about himself I feel

BootsyCollins

I doubt he is top fifty and I quite like some of his stuff but he fell off years ago.

Finally listened to his supposed Eminem diss if it even is a diss as it's one of the weirdest ones I've ever heard.

He spends more time praising him and mentioning everything he ever did he may as well have changed his name to Stan.

He certainly has issues but most of them are about himself I feel
The diss is ok imo, nothing more nothing less.

The way he copies the guests flows on the album, and in most cases does it better than them is impressive. Took away the 7 songs i liked the least on the album, and played it non stop since it came out. 8/10 imo, and game is most def top 10.

TsuWave

That Jay verse on “God Did”

Hov at 52 years of age periodically reminding people he’s the best that’s ever done it >

Abizzz

Corny shit.

He used to rhyme " They don't let me in heaven, Ima raise hell"

Now he a "corner boy in a corner office"
(still easily the best on that track though, I'll give him that).
Here's a little something to clean the palate: