Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kendrick came with it.

A lot to unpack. I like the dmx reference to when X said he doesn't like anything about Drake.

Drake has to ring around his ghostwriters asap

lsd

The Oracle
I've no idea why Drake even went there with him. Surely his ego can't be that big that he thought he could ever be seen as better than Kendrick

I've no idea why Drake even went there with him. Surely his ego can't be that big that he thought he could ever be seen as better than Kendrick
Drake been subliminal dissing since 2013 and the Control verse. Drake has tried to patch it up but Kendrick hasn’t been having it and fired back hard on Like That. Drake had to respond.

Smithy89

Ether'd him, surgical and lyrical dissection. Anyone saying otherwise stay listening to pop rap, lyrics and real emcees ain't for you.

Compton Kenny came out, Aubrey better be careful. The title alone was enough, Aubrey is a producer on that awful over-sexualised show about teens and we all know Drake likes them young, ask Millie.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Drake is one of the greatest hit makers ever. Music to enjoy with women without inhibitions and all that

And yesterday's release shows there has always been and will always be levels above and beyond that in rap

lsd

The Oracle
Loved the Pusha T line. Pusha is something Drake can never come back from as it was such a huge loss.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Kendrick's voice, flow and delivery really grates me. He's so squeaky and out of sync with the beat that I feel like I'm listening to a crank having a go at rapping for the first time, and then I see everyone go crazy about it.

It's obviously a me problem, my brain must be broken. I accept that. It's not really Kendrick specific either to be fair, its kind of rap across the board these days. I don't get it.

And I'm sure the lyrics and specific disses are really good, I'm just too out of touch to get a lot of it these days.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Kendrick's voice, flow and delivery really grates me. He's so squeaky and out of sync with the beat that I feel like I'm listening to a crank having a go at rapping for the first time, and then I see everyone go crazy about it.

It's obviously a me problem, my brain must be broken. I accept that. It's not really Kendrick specific either to be fair, its kind of rap across the board these days. I don't get it.

And I'm sure the lyrics and specific disses are really good, I'm just too out of touch to get a lot of it these days.
I get that. It's not my favourite delivery of his, but he does switch it up quite a lot.

I think stuff slightly off-beat used to sound odd to me too but I've learned to kind of appreciate the imperfection.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I get that. It's not my favourite delivery of his, but he does switch it up quite a lot.

I think stuff slightly off-beat used to sound odd to me too but I've learned to kind of appreciate the imperfection.
I accept that its intentional because they all do it and they're not idiots. I know there's a craft and thought process in there somewhere, somehow. I just can't get there unfortunately.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is me as well; I’ll listen to the Kendrick track when I get the chance but I’m sure most if not all the specifics will go right over my head sadly.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is it just me or have disses gone to ”smart” almost? I like the straight up ”feck him” disses, but now its all about the smartest line or the most complex rhymes, you need to read up on alot of the lines just to understand them. Takes away alot of the agression and energy imo.

Still enjoy the clowning on social media thought, when its done right its amazing :lol:
Yeah I was showing my partner some famous hiphop beefs and the diss tracks and as someone who knows very little about it all, she was completely confused. Except when I showed her Tupac's Hit 'Em Up, where he's literally threatening to kill Bad Boy Records and she understood that one :lol:

Just listened to the Drake and KL disses. They seem fine. Drake's was a little shit and Kendrick's wasn't too bad but I've never been a fan of his delivery.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yeah I'm in the same boat when it comes to Kendrick. I respect his ability but his flow/voice put me off a lot.

There's not many Kendrick tracks on my playlist even though I was really pleased with Section. 80 when it came out

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This is me as well; I’ll listen to the Kendrick track when I get the chance but I’m sure most if not all the specifics will go right over my head sadly.
Old timer.

SuperiorXI

Honestly I'm a really big Kendrick fan but this latest diss track is not doing it for me. The delivery is not good, the beat is not great, and these things are key for me in a diss track. It'll be lauded for its lyrical content but will they play it in many years from now? Maybe not.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The delivery is spot on, it's not supposed to be angry or vicious or extra Kendrick even says it in the song "this a friendly fade", its a calm beheading. Right from the starting Teddy P sample (greatest inspiration) which was a direct shot back at the poster line in Drakes track.

It is right up there.with The Story of Adidon, surgical.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Honestly I'm a really big Kendrick fan but this latest diss track is not doing it for me. The delivery is not good, the beat is not great, and these things are key for me in a diss track. It'll be lauded for its lyrical content but will they play it in many years from now? Maybe not.
Yeah I'm with you. Some catchy bars but nothing special. Felt like he was trying to be too clever. Diss tracks have to feel vicious not playful.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Weakest link and Over Hoes and Bitches, now those two tracks are decent diss tracks.

Godfather

Yeah I'm in the same boat when it comes to Kendrick. I respect his ability but his flow/voice put me off a lot.

There's not many Kendrick tracks on my playlist even though I was really pleased with Section. 80 when it came out
Same here. Lyrics are good but the song is nothing I'll listen to more than once. Beat and flow aren't doing it for me. Never have with him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Problem is that Kendrick is far and away a greater MC than Drake could ever be… but he’s making boring as feck diss tracks that are not good to listen to.

The classic Nas, Pac, Biggie, 50, Eminem tracks that everyone holds up as the best ever, were actually enjoyable tracks.

These Kendrick shits are Fcuking awful. I say this as someone that wouldn’t spend a penny on Drake and has seen Kendrick in four different countries.

Joe Budden tore Drake a new hole a good few years back. Push did it too. I’d rather read Kendrick’s tracks than listen to them, they ugly.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Problem is that Kendrick is far and away a greater MC than Drake could ever be… but he’s making boring as feck diss tracks that are not good to listen to.

The classic Nas, Pac, Biggie, 50, Eminem tracks that everyone holds up as the best ever, were actually enjoyable tracks.

These Kendrick shits are Fcuking awful. I say this as someone that wouldn’t spend a penny on Drake and has seen Kendrick in four different countries.

Joe Budden tore Drake a new hole a good few years back. Push did it too. I’d rather read Kendrick’s tracks than listen to them, they ugly.
I don't think I like listening to Kendrick's flow that much. When on song, he can be great, I really like "i" and "King Kunta" but I struggle with a lot of his music.

Lyrically amazing but his flow just isn't for me.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I don't think I like listening to Kendrick's flow that much. When on song, he can be great, I really like "i" and "King Kunta" but I struggle with a lot of his music.

Lyrically amazing but his flow just isn't for me.
His live shows are incredible. I’d strongly recommend picking one of his live setlists and making a Spotify playlist that includes them.

I find his albums to be ridiculously self indulgent. But his back catalogue is strong enough to carry the energy at festivals and solo shows.

I’d say I dislike more of his tracks than I like. But he’s a top level MC and the parts I do like, I’m fully in love with.

His set list from last summer. Last show of his I went to. - Kendrick, followed by Fred Again… followed by Skrillex. Incredible show.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
His live shows are incredible. I’d strongly recommend picking one of his live setlists and making a Spotify playlist that includes them.

I find his albums to be ridiculously self indulgent. But his back catalogue is strong enough to carry the energy at festivals and solo shows.

I’d say I dislike more of his tracks than I like. But he’s a top level MC and the parts I do like, I’m fully in love with.

His set list from last summer. Last show of his I went to. - Kendrick, followed by Fred Again… followed by Skrillex. Incredible show.
Thanks mate. But fan of Skrillex. Bangarang would be my walkout music if I were a MMA fighter :lol:

I'll have a listen!

Based Adnan

I'd agree with this. I watched him in Leeds in 2015 after TPAB had just dropped and GKMC was already a certified classic. Probably best live performance I've seen, he has insane crowd control.