Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

GlasgowCeltic

Amazing releases from JID, Alchemist/Roc Marciano and Mach Hommy this week for the underground fans

edcunited1878

It hits every single time...

Damn
Here we go again
People talking shit but when the shit hit the fan
Everything I'm not made me everything I am

I'll never be picture perfect Beyoncé
Be light as Al B or black as Chauncey
Remember him from Blackstreet
He was black as the street was
I never be laid back as this beat was
I never could see why people'll reach a
Fake ass facade that they couldn't keep up
You see how I creeped up

You see how I played a big role in Chicago like Queen Latifah
I never rock a mink coat in the winter time like Killa Cam
Or rock some mink boots in the summer time like will.i.am
Let me know if you feel it man
'Cause everything I'm not made me everything I am

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
New JID is very good. Love the "Momma said the messiah's in moccasins" line on Dance Now.

R'hllor

Dont think there is active rap battle thread but whole thing around Pat Stay is so bizzare, rip.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dont think there is active rap battle thread but whole thing around Pat Stay is so bizzare, rip.
I don’t think it’s that bizarre is it? He tried stopping a fight and was stabbed. A shame too, fantastic battler and a funny guy. The battle rap world has lost an all time great. He carried Canada on his back and took on the best in the US and usually won.

Pickle85

The Black Thought/ Danger Mouse collab is class!
Just came here to say that. Black Thought is comfy top ten for me - this is a great album. At times the production feels a bit odd...occasionally the vocals seem a bit tricky to make out, but almost every track is a winner.

R'hllor

I don’t think it’s that bizarre is it? He tried stopping a fight and was stabbed. A shame too, fantastic battler and a funny guy. The battle rap world has lost an all time great. He carried Canada on his back and took on the best in the US and usually won.
I meant in sense of dropping diss on The Game, having proper diss response in a work in case The Game reacts to it, few days later he is dead and yes, he was fecking great, mixing battle rap with touch of stand up comedy type of humor, genius. At least on some that i watched.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Still really loving this JID album. Anyone else listened to it?

The amount of times he switches up his flow is crazy and it's oozing with great lyricism. Production is very good too. Earthgang are so good on Can't Punk Me.

BootsyCollins

The amount of times he switches up his flow is crazy and it's oozing with great lyricism. Production is very good too. Earthgang are so good on Can't Punk Me.
Yeah i really liked that album to. Raydar probably my favorite.

In other new realesead albums i like Freddie Gibbs, YG and Show Dem Camp.

Also really getting in to a guy named YeloHill. Dope as hell.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie

i guess these songs arent really well known in his discography, thought i'd share them. do NOT read the comments... instant sadness for me.

Sara125

It’s been confirmed. Over a dice game apparently what an unfortunate way to go out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s been confirmed. Over a dice game apparently what an unfortunate way to go out.
Apparently he wasn't even involved with whatever went down. Was minding his own and got hit accidentally.

Sara125

Apparently he wasn't even involved with whatever went down. Was minding his own and got hit accidentally.
Yeah I’m seeing it was actually Quavo that got into it with some guys over money lost during a dice game and Takeoff got caught in the crossfire. Died instantly from a headshot they’re saying.

Stacks

doesn't surprise me. He isn't really on that tough shit. The volume of major african american artists killed this year or involved in shooting incidents has been a damn shame!

Stacks

A famous Chicago Jeweler was killed in Houston a few months ago at a dice game that Lil Boosie was playing at. They waited for the jeweler and shot him in the car park. I believe he was up

Sara125

A famous Chicago Jeweler was killed in Houston a few months ago at a dice game that Lil Boosie was playing at. They waited for the jeweler and shot him in the car park. I believe he was up
Oh yeah I remember that

20solskjaer

theres a pic doing rounds on twitter of the same guy at both scenes, hes stood next but one to Duke the Jeweler during the night he was killed and theres him
(Or his twin) in the video when Takeoff has been shot

Stacks

theres a pic doing rounds on twitter of the same guy at both scenes, hes stood next but one to Duke the Jeweler during the night he was killed and theres him
(Or his twin) in the video when Takeoff has been shot
That makes sense as allegedly these parties are organised by J Prince's Mob Ties in Houston so the same dudes might rock up there.

M16Red

Cracking album this one.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
So I know we can’t listen to r Kelly anymore.. but is Kanye still allowed? Asking for a friend of course