Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I've liked his stuff before but never found his albums to be that consistent. East Atlanta Love Letter had maybe 4 or 5 good songs on but the rest were average.

I will give this a listen, wasn't even aware he had one out.
There are some duds on the new one, but a lot of growers and a few instant earworms.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
SZA tickets gone in minutes then. I was actually in on Ticketmaster with 2 secured seats but then there was an 'error' and I got put back in a queue of over 2000 people.

Absolute joke of a website.

Pickle85

SZA tickets gone in minutes then. I was actually in on Ticketmaster with 2 secured seats but then there was an 'error' and I got put back in a queue of over 2000 people.

Absolute joke of a website.
Almost certainly going to touts too. So shite.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Same thing happened to the nas and wu tang tickets. I managed to grab two but got shite seats and there were hardly any left. I was quick to it too.
Yeah I was in the 'lobby' before the actual queue. And then I actually had tickets. Row U somewhere but still. Not sure why I suddenly lost them when it said I had 2 minutes to pay.

Pickle85

Yeah I was in the 'lobby' before the actual queue. And then I actually had tickets. Row U somewhere but still. Not sure why I suddenly lost them when it said I had 2 minutes to pay.
Ugh ffs. Gotta love this brave new digital world huh (yup, I'm a bitter old sod).

Sara125

Seeing Sza in June…over £100 for a ticket in the O2 arena equivalent of Row Z but I just had to YOLO it :nervous:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I’m jealous of everyone seeing SZA, her album is incredible.

but I’ve also got VIP tickets to Beyoncé so I can’t complain :drool: :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You know you’re out of touch with Hip Hop these days when you have no idea who Sza is :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah great song. I’ve been impressed by Cole again lately.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Kaytranada and Amine have an album out tomorrow. Gonna be wavey.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

loved these tracks.
Only heard a couple. James Blake one is good, he does not miss. JID is also great on Danger but Offset does nothing for me. The constant “shpider” is so grating :lol: if you like JID check out his album The Forever Story btw. Banger.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Only heard a couple. James Blake one is good, he does not miss. JID is also great on Danger but Offset does nothing for me. The constant “shpider” is so grating :lol: if you like JID check out his album The Forever Story btw. Banger.
Yeah, the spider is annoying as feck but loved JID since I saw him on the XXL cypher and that Off Deez track with J Cole and agreed, v good album.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Production on Am I Dreaming is stellar though. Sounds gorgeous.

SuperiorXI

https://www.tegeurope.com/events/ice-cube-cypress-hill-the-game/

Looks like £100 is basically the going rate now. I don’t mind it so much for this one as there’s three big artists, if they all turn up.

I’m not sure I’ve ever been to seated hip hop though. What’s that even like?
Went to see Snoop Dogg a few months ago and Warren G, Xzibit & Obie Trice didn't show up. Also D12 played but there was only 3 of them, me and my mate joked they should rename to D3. Very annoying when they don't show.

Dan_F

Went to see Snoop Dogg a few months ago and Warren G, Xzibit & Obie Trice didn't show up. Also D12 played but there was only 3 of them, me and my mate joked they should rename to D3. Very annoying when they don't show.
fecking hell that’s a piss take. Did you get any kind of refund?

Game has previous for that kind of thing too.

Pickle85

Would have posted this in the grime/uk rap thread but looks like it's been dead for a while....just listened to the new Dave/Central Cee EP and was pretty disappointed. Not really got on with CC to date but really rate Dave and this just seemed so meh. Lots of chat about cars and women, some chest out misogyny and the same trappy flow throughout. A few decent bars but it felt pretty empty. It's just a side project and Dave killed his last two albums (imo) so sure it's not indicative of a decline but it just felt a bit lazy.

SuperiorXI

Would have posted this in the grime/uk rap thread but looks like it's been dead for a while....just listened to the new Dave/Central Cee EP and was pretty disappointed. Not really got on with CC to date but really rate Dave and this just seemed so meh. Lots of chat about cars and women, some chest out misogyny and the same trappy flow throughout. A few decent bars but it felt pretty empty. It's just a side project and Dave killed his last two albums (imo) so sure it's not indicative of a decline but it just felt a bit lazy.
I never understand why Central Cee gets views, he's whack.

Sara125

What’s everyone’s thoughts on drake featuring on J Hus’ new tune? I don’t think his verse was *that* bad I think everyone is just tired of him feeling the need to hop on any and everything

Sara125

I like one or two songs by cench but that’s about it I don’t get the hype. In my opinion he has blown up quicker and more than the likes of Russ, Digga, Loski etc. (when they started making commercial music), which I don’t understand

Pickle85

I like one or two songs by cench but that’s about it I don’t get the hype. In my opinion he has blown up quicker and more than the likes of Russ, Digga, Loski etc. (when they started making commercial music), which I don’t understand
Yeah, agreed. I guess commercial success definitely doesn't always tally with ability, but he is a strange one. I don't know the scene intimately but he seemed to come from nowhere whereas a lot of others have put in way more work without anything like the success.

Dan_F

I don’t really follow the UK scene as much as I used to, but seems to me that it was mainly from those bars in Doja. They just blew up and it went viral to people that normally wouldn’t listen to it.

Sara125

I don’t really follow the UK scene as much as I used to, but seems to me that it was mainly from those bars in Doja. They just blew up and it went viral to people that normally wouldn’t listen to it.
Yeah this is true. I think artists like him thrive off the ‘tiktok generation’ that create dances to those type of songs and make one or two bars go viral

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Any thoughts on the new Killer Mike album? R.A.P. Music is one of my favourite albums in the last couple of decades and this one hasn't disappointed in my first couple of play throughs.

Hoof the ball

So, Q-Tip has been working on LL Cool J's upcoming album for a few years now as the producer of all tracks. Album has the potential to be brilliant. LL released a snippet of the title track.

Nas, Eminem, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Saweetie all featuring on the album too.

Last edited:

Pickle85

Any thoughts on the new Killer Mike album? R.A.P. Music is one of my favourite albums in the last couple of decades and this one hasn't disappointed in my first couple of play throughs.
Seems a bit overproduced to me but enjoyed it. He's a helluva MC but imo he only REALLY shines with his RTJ buddy.

So, Q-Tip has been working on LL Cool J's upcoming album for a few years now as the producer of all tracks. Album has the potential to be brilliant. LL released a snippet of the title track.

Shall definitely be keeping an eye out for this!

Roosney

1st paragraph got me hype, the second one was a kick to the groin.

BootsyCollins

My favorite album so far this year.
Production is great, lyrics great, flow/style great. The features came with heat also.

On another note, i kind of liked the new Thugga album, but it got booring quick.

Going to listen to Gunna’s album soon as i hear people say good things about it.