Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Pickle85

So I know we can’t listen to r Kelly anymore.. but is Kanye still allowed? Asking for a friend of course
I'm definitely on the page of separate the artist from the art so in my book you're good. But I would also advise you never listen to R Kelly for reasons disconnected to morality.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I'm definitely on the page of separate the artist from the art so in my book you're good. But I would also advise you never listen to R Kelly for reasons disconnected to morality.
I’m on the same boat but specifically asking can I still play flashing lights at the kickback or keep that forever tucked away now :nervous: what are you referring to about r Kelly? I’m not recognizing the reference. Don’t really listen to much of his work anyways even before the whole mess.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So i'm probably very late on this, but I never even knew about it, and i'm sure some casual rap fans wouldn't either.

This is an album of Eminem that was released before he got signed - apparently it flopped. I absolutely love it though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How was he?!
He was great!

Started with United in Grief, finished with Saviour and also did Family Ties with Keem just before.

He pretty much did the whole of Mr Morale barring Auntie Diaries, Mother I Sober and We Cry Together (there was a short bit of it).

Didn’t do any Section 80, did Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe, Backseat Freestyle, Money Trees, Maad City (this one was so good) and Swimming Pools.

He did Alright and King Kunta off TPAB and from Damn he did DNA, Element, Love, Humble, Loyalty and like the first half of Lust. I would’ve wanted more from TPAB but I get he has to appeal to all. Loved it though.

Pickle85

He was great!

Started with United in Grief, finished with Saviour and also did Family Ties with Keem just before.

He pretty much did the whole of Mr Morale barring Auntie Diaries, Mother I Sober and We Cry Together (there was a short bit of it).

Didn’t do any Section 80, did Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe, Backseat Freestyle, Money Trees, Maad City (this one was so good) and Swimming Pools.

He did Alright and King Kunta off TPAB and from Damn he did DNA, Element, Love, Humble, Loyalty and like the first half of Lust. I would’ve wanted more from TPAB but I get he has to appeal to all. Loved it though.
Jealous...sounds like an amazing time.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Some good old Aussie rap;
I quite liked that. I tried to think of other Aussie rappers and I remembered the New Zealand rapper Scribe. I used to like this song

Lay

Eminem’s list of rappers he shouted out at the rock and roll hall of fame was brilliant.

Pickle85

KD3 just out. Halfway through and, like almost everything Nas does, it's v good. Not as many instant bangers as KD2 and KD1 to my mind, but still a really good album. For me, in order it's KD2>KD1>KD3.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
KD3 just out. Halfway through and, like almost everything Nas does, it's v good. Not as many instant bangers as KD2 and KD1 to my mind, but still a really good album. For me, in order it's KD2>KD1>KD3.
Just listened. He's on an insane run in his 4th decade. I like how there are no guests on this one for the most part.

Thun is my favourite so far, feels like a spiritual successor to The Message. Beef is another.

M16Red

He was great!

Heard on the radio that people started chanting kendricks' in box.. gota love the brits. Bet he's thinking we're all mad - hes not wrong.

Pickle85

Just listened. He's on an insane run in his 4th decade. I like how there are no guests on this one for the most part.

Thun is my favourite so far, feels like a spiritual successor to The Message. Beef is another.
Ridiculous isn't it?! He just makes it look so easy. You can see he's fully at ease with himself and his process - an OG at the peak of his powers! Thun was the standout for me too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Heard on the radio that people started chanting kendricks' in box.. gota love the brits. Bet he's thinking we're all mad - hes not wrong.
There were also loads of "Ohhh Kendrick Lamar" to the tune of Seven Nation Army which I'm sure he hasn't got a clue about :lol:

Lay

I can listen to majority of Nas’s old albums and it reconfirms why I have him 2nd in my all time list. But for whatever reason, the last 10 years or so of Nas albums, I just can’t get into after the initial listen. I’ll think it’s great but never go back to it.

Lay

“First time you heard Nas
You probably heard somebody say that I pick bad beats”

:lol: nice that he acknowledges the criticism. He always had a bad ear for beats

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

New SZA in December. Looking forward to it. CTRL is such a good album.

Sara125

Anyone been following Bronx and Brooklyn Drill? An incredible amount of bloodshed over the last few years......
In terms of the music I rock with 22Gz and Pop Smoke (goes without saying. Also, RIP), haven’t really given Sheff G a chance but I heard he’s good too

Kaush949

In terms of the music I rock with 22Gz and Pop Smoke (goes without saying. Also, RIP), haven’t really given Sheff G a chance but I heard he’s good too
"You cannot say pop and forget the smoke." RIP

Check the new kids from the Bronx. Although the big two who made waves, Kay Flock and D Thang got locked up last year.

Lay

Nice down to earth interview with Canibus about the Eminem thing.
I've been watching most of the videos for the past week or so and Canibus has grown so much. He was a loose cannon in the 2000s. I hope the interviews give him the respect he deserves after the whole battle rap fiasco a few years ago :nervous:

RedTiger

Half mast
I've been watching most of the videos for the past week or so and Canibus has grown so much. He was a loose cannon in the 2000s. I hope the interviews give him the respect he deserves after the whole battle rap fiasco a few years ago :nervous:
I feel you mate. I got sentimental after watching the interviews and I relistened to 2nd Round KO again, what a track! He really deserves some respect.

Cole9

Just a reminder for De La Soul fans that their first six albums will be available on streaming services from tomorrow :cool:

Can't wait!

GlasgowCeltic

“scaring the hoes” by Danny Brown and Jpegmafia a very fun album for anyone who likes that sort of thing

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not strictly hip-hop but the new 6lack album is so good.
I've liked his stuff before but never found his albums to be that consistent. East Atlanta Love Letter had maybe 4 or 5 good songs on but the rest were average.

I will give this a listen, wasn't even aware he had one out.

M16Red

Ren - not hip hop or rap, In fact I don't know what this guys lane is... but talented.

Rap

Folk?

Reggae