Red Stone

Abed: "If you want to collect women's underwear, can't you just buy them?"
Jeff: "They have to be won in battle."
Annie, Britta and Shirley: "Oh! Ugh, gross! Jeffrey!"
Troy: "Awesome."

:lol: Lost my shit at that.

Liam147

On Probation
Best episode probably since the second season. Third at a push. And who was the main character? Pierce. Best character on the show even in death.

Giving Abed and Jeff the sperm was quality :lol:

"Do you know that you are insane and nothing you ever said ever made sense to me?"
"Yep."
"Here's your sperm."

Eriku

Hah, yeah, the scene KM just posted was my favourite point too. Glover's delivery is spot on there :)

LARulz

Yeah he's leaving. Think they keep saying he could come in once in a while but I'm not sure how the show will go without him. Its not like its losing Jeff but he's still a big character. But I'll trust the writers to know how to get on with it

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm watching the first episode of the season... I think I've missed a season.

Season 1+2 was good, 3 was crap. What happened to 4?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I watched the first 3 episodes of 5 last night and it was so funny. I had to force myself not to watch the 4th as it was around 1am.

I'm sure I have seen S4... I just must have blocked it out of my memory.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I thought season 5 has started a level above season 4, though I thought the two first episodes were quite weak. Episodes 3 and 4 were better, well 4 especially. It's nowhere near its best level of season 2 though, I doubt it ever will. To be fair, I feel the storylines are all a bit dragged and tired now.

Dante

Average bang
Another brilliant episode. This season has been great.

I know this show has fallen out of favour with the TV hipsters (it became too mainstream and was only ever good for the first two seasons, natch), but I thought that was really good.

Last edited:

Timdbro

Loved the third episode this season, fourth had some classic moments in it as well but I always love the full blown pastiche/parody episodes they do. Looking forward to catching yesterday's one as soon as I can get my hands on it!

Red Stone

Another great episode. Jeff and Britta arguing about the floor was hilarious.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Another brilliant episode. This season has been great.

I know this show has fallen out of favour with the TV hipsters (it became too mainstream and was only ever good for the first two seasons, natch), but I thought that was really good.
I think it's a bit silly to categorize like that and label people who don't like it as 'TV hipsters'. I myself thought season 4 was shit, but enjoyed the first three seasons (season 2 being the best, and the show never having reached those heights again, for me). I was worried by the first two episodes of season 5 but I think it's gotten better since, the Walton Goggins one was great (haven't seen this week's episode). I'm not trying to adopt any kind of posture or anything, if I enjoy it I'll say so, but I'll also say so if I'm disappointed. It's a show I have a lot of time for as it's pretty unique in certain ways.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Just caught up with all the episodes from season 5 so far and I must say i've been very impressed, close to the levels of the season 2 peak i'd say with some excellent episodes and no bad ones amongst the bunch (the opening episode of season 5 is actually the weakest i'd say by some distance). Although season 4 was widely slated (though I thought some of its hate was undeserved, there was still some good there), I thought season 3 showed a decline and went a bit too weird what with the whole dreamatorium nonsense. But the shows managed to get round its peak again, I actually think Troy leaving hasn't been the worst thing for the show, I liked Troy, but Abed became an increasingly annoying character alongside him whereas they've wrote Abed a lot better this season.

It seems increasingly likely they're going to get a sixth season too, presumably for 13 episodes, which I don't think is the worst thing for maintaining the quality of the show. It'll be interesting to see if they do decide to call it quits after the sixth though, it'd be nice to see the show go out whilst its still producing quality, but equally Community is a bit Futurama-esque in that there's such a wider scope for stories than in most shows due to the surreal universe its established.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Yeah I was meaning to bump this thread last week, I'm up to date and have to say I've 'fallen in love again' with the show. I thought the start to season 5 was weak, but it's picked up massively with some great episodes. I'm back to really enjoying my Community fix of the week, so I'm very happy!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ooh good to hear. I haven't watched it for a few weeks.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
MeowMeowBeenz ep was great :lol:
I thought it did not work. They have gone into full parody mode now. Everyone episode parody of some movie or some general genre.
Not for me. It worked best when it was done in a much more subtle manner and not every fecking week. Their parody of Goodfellas remains the best for me for this very reason. My Dinner with Abed was equally good for the same.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought it was a nice throwback to season 2 where the school would get really caught up in games.

Red Stone

Most of my favorite episodes are the ones where the whole school descends into complete chaos because of some arbitrary thing. MeowMeowBeenz, pillow forts, lava floors, paint ball wars, Halloween, you name it.

There's also the lie detector episode, the one with the different timelines, the one where Annie's pen is gone and a few others that rank amongst the best episodes I've seen in any comedy show.

I think it's safe to say that Community is the best comedy I've seen from this side of the millennium, especially if they can keep it at the level they're currently at instead of dropping back to the stuff they were doing in season 4.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Well after my praise of the season so far, I thought that was God awful. Worst episode i've seen of the show. Even by Community's standards, that was inaccessible. That said i've never been a fan of the animated type episodes they do once a year, aside from the season 3 one with the computer game.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Having never seen any Justice League episodes, all the supposed jokes went all over my head.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yeah GI Joe, I meant.

feck off you all.