Television Community (NBC)

Dante

Average bang
Are you sure you were watching Community and not 2 Broke Girls? It must be quite easy to get the titles of the shows mixed up.

kps88

This better be getting renewed. Was an excellent 5th season.

Eriku

This better be getting renewed. Was an excellent 5th season.
Ditto... Harmon as show-runner made a huge difference to season 4, too... wouldn't mind one more season before they call it quits.

But I'd rather it ends now than goes on for 6 more seasons and becomes watered-out bullshit.

Though there are worse things... Abed's spin-off ideas :|

Dante

Average bang
Rumours of its demise had been greatly exaggerated.

The whole "6 seasons and a movie" schtick will mean that the network will probably greenlight it for another year. And if they don't, I'm sure a cable or online production company will. There's too much goodwill behind it for there not to be a season 6 (and hopefully a movie).

Some kind of Rick and Morty crossover would be fantastic.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It was expected, really. The ratings have been awful since season 3. The last season's existence was already improbable. I hope it gets picked up somewhere else but I don't think it will. It's more likely they skip the sixth season and go straight to making the movie. Harmon said quite convincingly a while ago that there will be one in any case and the show will not be left without a proper closure.

Ivor Ballokov

It's been circling the drain in more ways than one for a while now.

At least this frees Dan Harmon to concentrate on Rick & Morty and Alison Brie to explore new, more naked roles.

#5seasonsandnomovie

LARulz

Wankers. Do something good again Netflix. Pick it up! (...along with Happy Endings please)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Good. The show got awful and then it got weird with Harmon back. Better but too weird.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Good. The show got awful and then it got weird with Harmon back. Better but too weird.
Yeah. Cancelled two seasons too late. Americans make great TV shows and then ruin it by trying to elongate it as much as they can.

roseguy64

I'd rather they just do the movie. It was still good the last couple seasons but had lost the lustre. Do a TV movie for closure bringing back the old guest stars. Maybe getting Donald Glover to show up at the end having gained the money and saving them from some situation.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
The last series was fine bar the last 3 epsodes and the first 2 weren't great either. People on here have an obsession with cancelling shows. It's a sitcom, it really, really doesn't matter if it runs a few seasons too long! Fair enough with serial drama's that tell a story over the series run if they overrun it can ruin the show. But with a sitcom it really doesn't matter at all. They're not generally telling a particular story and what comes after rarely makes much of a difference to what's happened before. The Simpsons great seasons do not become mediocre or any less enjoyable because of what comes after. Just don't watch the later seasons.

In fact i'm convinced if you went back to the classic years of shows and they were broadcasting today, you'd have the same people wanting them cancelled for being over the hill.

Dante

Average bang
The last series was fine bar the last 3 epsodes and the first 2 weren't great either. People on here have an obsession with cancelling shows. It's a sitcom, it really, really doesn't matter if it runs a few seasons too long! Fair enough with serial drama's that tell a story over the series run if they overrun it can ruin the show. But with a sitcom it really doesn't matter at all. They're not generally telling a particular story and what comes after rarely makes much of a difference to what's happened before. The Simpsons great seasons do not become mediocre or any less enjoyable because of what comes after. Just don't watch the later seasons.

In fact i'm convinced if you went back to the classic years of shows and they were broadcasting today, you'd have the same people wanting them cancelled for being over the hill.
Testify!

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

Nailed it.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I honestly only watched 2 episodes of the last season. Season 4 was so God damn awful and the show really does feel like it's outstayed it's welcome, with Donald Glovers character gone it feels like another big loss.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I honestly only watched 2 episodes of the last season. Season 4 was so God damn awful and the show really does feel like it's outstayed it's welcome, with Donald Glovers character gone it feels like another big loss.
I hated season 4, and the beginning of 5 was slow, but once it got going it was pretty good. Not as good as some of the best episodes in the earlier seasons, but very watchable at the very least. If you like the show, I'd advise you to give season 5 a second shot!

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Yahoo still exists? What do they do exactly?

hashtagsixseasonsandamovie

PeteReDevil

iPete
Having watched this throughout the summer I am disappointed I didn't see Alison Brie sneaking around and taking her clothes off - saw a couple of gifs of it and maybe the biggest reason I started watching it :(

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Shirley isn't going to be in season 6.

She was never the funniest character but still a shame that cast is down another member.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Season 5 was a big improvement on season 4, which was hugely disappointing (for me). Not as good as the first ones, but I watched it with pleasure each week.

Not disappointed one bit Shirley won't be in season 6, very weak character.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Season 6? Thought it got cancelled. It really should stay that way.
It was canceled, so it won't be on NBC. Someone bought them, Yahoo or smth like that

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Season 5 was a big improvement on season 4, which was hugely disappointing (for me). Not as good as the first ones, but I watched it with pleasure each week.

Not disappointed one bit Shirley won't be in season 6, very weak character.
Well I watched all of them from Season 1 to 5 in about a week. Season 4 wasn't terrible, had some good episodes now and then, but the main story arc was weak. Pierce was probably the best character in the show imo, he was superb. Shirley had a few good moments but on the whole was weak and at times annoying. I don't think they've really filled the void of Pierce and Troy leaving though.

I also totally get the Alison Brie thing now. :drool:

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Well I watched all of them from Season 1 to 5 in about a week. Season 4 wasn't terrible, had some good episodes now and then, but the main story arc was weak. Pierce was probably the best character in the show imo, he was superb. Shirley had a few good moments but on the whole was weak and at times annoying. I don't think they've really filled the void of Pierce and Troy leaving though.

I also totally get the Alison Brie thing now. :drool:
I could imagine that if you binge watched them, season 4 might not have seemed too bad. I watched it as it was being aired, one episode a week, and I was very disappointed by it. I still think season 2 was the best in any case, loads of excellent episodes in there.

However, there isn't a huge rewatch value I felt when I rewatched seasons 1-3 at some point.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I could imagine that if you binge watched them, season 4 might not have seemed too bad. I watched it as it was being aired, one episode a week, and I was very disappointed by it. I still think season 2 was the best in any case, loads of excellent episodes in there.

However, there isn't a huge rewatch value I felt when I rewatched seasons 1-3 at some point.
That happened to me when I watched Battlestar Galactica when it was being aired. Half of Season 3 was terrible, but others who binge watched it found it ok.

I can imagine there isn't much rewatch value. There really isn't much in the way of character development in the show.