Television Community (NBC)

Cina

The video game episode was amazing, without Harmon there won't be many more like it.

kps88

Cast aren't happy with his, I'd imagine all the staff and writers won't be either. Part of me thinks they would have been better off just ending it.

kps88

Really? Whole thing stinks and seems very unethical that you can get rid of the people who made the show and replace them with newcomers.

Won't feel right watching this next season...

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Really? Whole thing stinks and seems very unethical that you can get rid of the people who made the show and replace them with newcomers.

Won't feel right watching this next season...
Hollywood is as dirty as politics...You can't even openly talk about it or you become an outcast...like Charlie Sheen...But Harmon's response to it all has been pretty amusing...Chevy Chase, uggh, what a tool in real life as well but this too has long been documented

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Cast aren't happy with his, I'd imagine all the staff and writers won't be either. Part of me thinks they would have been better off just ending it.
I'm sure Chevy is delighted with his. He detests Harmon.

Maybe the show will become good again. Season 3 was a serious drop in quality.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Be interesting to see how Season 4 goes without Harmon. I can easily see them ruining it.

kps88

Like others have mentioned, upon reflection, season three was a bit of a mess. I predict the slide will continue and every one will blame it on Harmon's departure when in reality it was already on the slide.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Not sure how I missed this thread when I created another one, I searched and all, either way, can't wait for season 4!

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I'm worried about there being another dip next season (thought Season 3 was good in some parts but really dodgy in others), but come on, it's Community!

What's not to like?

kps88

I kept watching expecting to see something Community related :(

Snow

Opinion on if it's as good as Parks and Rec varies. Personally I didn't find the 3rd season all that special. Had a few great episodes but some boring as well. Overall a very good comedy imo. Not similar to P&R. It's not filmed in the mockumentary style. A lot of humor referencing pop culture.

Give it a shot.

Snow

Oh, this thread hadn't been bumped with the recent news. Chevy Chase has quit the show.

Brophs

The One and Only
That's a bit weird. Why has he gone so suddenly? Surely they could have gotten him to finish out the run and have him leave the show properly?

Sally Cinnamon

Opinion on if it's as good as Parks and Rec varies. Personally I didn't find the 3rd season all that special. Had a few great episodes but some boring as well. Overall a very good comedy imo. Not similar to P&R. It's not filmed in the mockumentary style. A lot of humor referencing pop culture.

Give it a shot.
Cheers Snow. I'll give the first few episodes a go tonight.

Snow

No idea. Was watching Community the other day when mates came over to play some FIFA and one of them mentioned that Chevy had quit. I remembered it when this thread was bumped and confirmed it by googling. Apparently mutual consent. Who knows. Probably do to Chevy being a lunatic and the executives have had enough. Pierce Hawthorne is like a more exaggerated version of himself.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
That's a bit weird. Why has he gone so suddenly? Surely they could have gotten him to finish out the run and have him leave the show properly?
He wanted to leave for ages didn't he? I'm impressed he made it this far. He had such a go at the writers and I thought he was way out of line until we caught up with what he had been filming.

Everything he said about them and season 3 I think is spot on. Sad to see him leave, although I didn't massively like his character.

kps88

They shoot episodes out of order, so the season/series finale was shot with Chase so he'll get to be part of the end.

Snow

I'm almost finished rewatching it all again. 3rd season is better than I remembered. Probably because I'm overall in better mood now. Still not as good as the others, mainly because of a few very crappy episodes. The law and order episode was class. One of the best ones.

Bebe

I'm almost finished rewatching it all again. 3rd season is better than I remembered. Probably because I'm overall in better mood now. Still not as good as the others, mainly because of a few very crappy episodes. The law and order episode was class. One of the best ones.
The video game episode is one of the best as well.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
There's a lot of 'best ones' in my opinion, like the paintball ones (the two part paintball one at the end of season 2 was amazing), the battle of forts between Abed and Troy, the claymation one, and so many others... But that's often the problem, a lot of their episodes are experimentations, trying to use a different medium or style, and those are very hit or miss. More hit than miss though, but they're either instant classics, or pretty weak.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Won't be able to watch live in Ireland, but hopefully it'll be put online soon enough.

JezChan

Looking forward to its return, but if it is the Hunger Games spoof airing first, my expectations won't be too high for the season opener.