JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Was decent.

Torrent is up, unfortunately.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
The AV Club were sent the first and third episodes not long ago, they said that they were fine but the show had undoubtedly lost something, was trying too hard to be Community (a problem they sometimes stumbled into even before Harmon left) and felt like just another sitcom now. Maaaaaaan.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I quite enjoyed last season, felt this episode was decent but certainly nothing special. Not one i'd rewatch like i have done with the first two seasons. Hopefully it picks up a bit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The AV Club were sent the first and third episodes not long ago, they said that they were fine but the show had undoubtedly lost something, was trying too hard to be Community (a problem they sometimes stumbled into even before Harmon left) and felt like just another sitcom now. Maaaaaaan.
Fine or fyne?

I liked the nod towards everyone's fears giving it a laugh track making us think it had changed.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The episode was fine.

Interested to see how Changnesia pans out.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Fine or fyne?

I liked the nod towards everyone's fears giving it a laugh track making us think it had changed.
I was genuinely a little worried at first.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Do you not think they tried to cram too much into one episode? Between the Hunger Deans, Annie and Shirley pranking the Dean, Abed's imagination, Annie being mad at Jeff, Britta and Troy etc it felt too me like the stories were spread too thin.

As much of a dick as he is, you can understand how Chevy Chase would be down on the show, considering their was so much going on and yet Pierce still did nothing.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I've been very disappointed by the first two episodes. A part of it was because of my expectations, which were probably too high, but it's also dipped in quality pretty drastically (although I wasn't a fan of the ending of season 3 with Chang's takeover). There's the occasional laughs of course, but the first episode felt like they were trying to pack too much stuff in it and trying to be too Community, if that makes any sense, and the second episode was just meh overall, with a pretty poor conclusion.

However, they're always capable of the occasional hilarious **** episode I guess, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Cina

I don't get the love for Community, and I don't expect consistently great TV either. Every now and again they pull out some top quality stuff (the first Paintball, video game episode) but usually it's more miss than hit.

The first two episodes were pretty weak.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Yeah, I think the whole '****' and martyr status has made it a bit overrated. Last season was pretty poor and I don't really have a burning desire to check out the new episodes.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I think over the first two seasons, and especially the second season, it wasn't "more miss than hit" at all, it was very good on a regular basis, with on top of that some excellent stuff. Season 3 relied more on the very strong episodes vs. weaker ones (but within the strong ones, there were some really excellent ones), and I feel season 4 will be like that. So yeah, half of it will have been a bit of a 'hit and miss' cycle, sure.

As for the love for the show, I think it's pretty easily understanble: it's quite original in parts, it spoofs a lot of cultural references (often in a very successful way) that people love, and it's driven by its characters (or at least was). It has some very moving episodes which really address character evolution (such as the claymation episode for Abed). And when it hits the right chords, it's hilarious.

Cina

If you're lucking for a quirky, meta type comedy then watch Happy Endings instead. it's a better show than Community right now, and funnier, but gets far less love and has a smaller fanbase.

Cina

The first season is decent, the second season is great TV and was critically acclaimed.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Happy Endings is alright. I can vouch for it. It's probably the best show out there where both the sexes in a couple can enjoy it. It's got a Wayans member and everything!
Does have a similar formula to early HIMYM stuff. One character that's mostly just hot. The "lead" is the most boring one. A very eccentric friend (this time he's gay). The couple of the group that do everything together and are super happy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just hope this season people try and watch it for what it is. I'm expecting some people won't enjoy it because they'll be purposely looking for things that are different now Dan Harmon has gone. If you stuck that Halloween episode in Season 2 I don't think anyone would have noticed. It was fine I thought. The first episode I'd agree was a bit crammed and forced.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Yeah, I think the whole '****' and martyr status has made it a bit overrated. Last season was pretty poor and I don't really have a burning desire to check out the new episodes.
This. It is a great show but it was never as good as The Office at its peak or as consistently excellent as Parks And Rec. The fact that it won't get sixseasonsandamovie has turned it into a **** thing that overstates its actually quality.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
loving the new series, i dont think its over rated at all

Bebe

Thought that last episode was great. First of the new season I've really liked. Its easy to blow up expectations for this show.

roseguy64

The new writers probably are going to neuter him but he should be back soon. We last saw him being discovered on the street so likely he'll be off to some mental hospital.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Annie is adorable, I agree. However, I'm really not enjoying this season, and it's really bothering me, I love this show and really want to like it, but I feel there's something very different about it. The opening of season 3 was a crap opening that you could find in any sitcom, never anything you should see in Community. :(