Television Community (NBC)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wasn’t Abed’s film project that kept predicting the future quite early on?
Just watched that episode actually. It's getting there but I don't remember it being this needy with everything with Annie and Troy and stuff like that. I dunno it's been nearly ten years since I first watched it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just watched that episode actually. It's getting there but I don't remember it being this needy with everything with Annie and Troy and stuff like that. I dunno it's been nearly ten years since I first watched it.
Yea Annie was pretty childish early on I recall, I think the group bringing her out of her shell was part of the early development.

Abed and to a lesser degree Troy drive the meta stuff, but it’s still great along the way.

Paintball and blanket fort episodes spring immediately to mind as classics.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yea Annie was pretty childish early on I recall, I think the group bringing her out of her shell was part of the early development.

Abed and to a lesser degree Troy drive the meta stuff, but it’s still great along the way.

Paintball and blanket fort episodes spring immediately to mind as classics.
The best parts of the early episodes are Troy and Abed in the post credit scenes.

Dante

Average bang
I started rewatching them all back-to-back a couple of weeks ago. Currently on season 5.

Season 1 was my favourite.

lsd

The Oracle
Just watched the space simulator episode . I notice it is currently on Prime and Netflix which i would have thought is unusual although Archer is also on both as i type :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The one with Abed in Batman character being particularly good.
Ok once it hits its stride in S1 it's great. Forgot how good it was really.

The paintball episode is a classic.

b82REZ

I didn't think the fourth season was that bad. Certainly not as good as the first 3seasons but better than most American sitcoms.

I did find it a bit jarring how Pierce was hardly there and they would just explain away his absence. I assume he will eventually leave.

Also seemed weird the final episode of season 4 only really focused on Jeff graduating then season 5 starts and they've all left Greendale.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We're on Season 5 of the rewatch now. Troy just left and I'm pretty sure the show never really recovers. Shame really but at least he was in it for a good chunk of the show.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Troy leaving really kills it dead imo. Amazing first three seasons with great characters and chemistry. 4 starts to waver, but I think 5 is poor. The heart is gone and that’s what made it special.

Britta is great in season 3 and 4. I never remembered that until I watched it again. Lots of funny moments from her.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Brutalitops is no more. The Dungeons & Dragons episode has been removed from Netflix due to blackface. He was a fecking elf.

It was one of the best episodes too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Been watching this lately. Easy watching with some gem lines in there. Currently nearing the end of season 3, but 1 was the best in my opinion. They’ve all become whiny and argumentative and Britta isn’t very likeable now, plus every single episode has some ott theme.

Interesting to read about the issues with Chevy Chase. Makes his performances even more impressive to be honest, considering he didn’t want to be there. Saw an interview with him and he’s an odd person in real life. As if he wants to be liked but can’t help being a dick.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Seasons 1-3 are perfect TV, imo. Season 4 is decent but feels like someone trying to do an impression of Community rather than the real thing (which, you know, writer changes always cause that). Season 5 is super, almost back to the quality of 1-3 but doesn't quite manage it. Season 6 is weaker than 5 but stronger than 4.

Always watchable, always charming, almost always hilarious. Watched it for the first time when season 3 ended and fell in love with it almost instantly. I was only 17 so it's informed a lot of how I watch TV and look at the world, to be honest. Have seen every episode several times. Glad it's getting a bit of a resurgence.

kps88

I enjoyed 6 a lot more on a re-watch. It does feel like a different show but a good one nonetheless.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Some episodes are really brilliant. Some are.. dull.

Good show

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It's very re-watchable show, at least to me. Class ensemble, class setting, classic episodes. First season my favourite.
I disagree. If anything, re-watching them lessened my opinion of the show. Seasons 2 and 3 are excellent, the rest of them vary from ok-ish to relatively poor.

Reiver

Love the show and, as others have said, I think it's very rewatchable.
Then there's Alison Brie. I'd watch anything with her in it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
When you read up about the easter eggs in this show you appreciate the writing much more.
Apparently the streets ahead bit is because Harmon thought it was a made up saying when someone said it to him on Twitter and therefore gave it to bumbling Pierce to say when it's actually a perfectly fine saying in Ireland/UK.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I know the whole thing is very daft so it makes little sense going into it, but Troy and Britta together just seems way off. She's meant to be this grown up who finds everything annoying and he's basically a child in it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What's a diminishremene?
Boopy doopy doop boop sex.

I know the whole thing is very daft so it makes little sense going into it, but Troy and Britta together just seems way off. She's meant to be this grown up who finds everything annoying and he's basically a child in it.
It was weird. I think they poke fun at how out of place it felt later on.

b82REZ

I always got the impression they ran out of ideas for Britta early on so she became the slaggy one that ends up sleeping with all the guys. She is the worse character by far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thats because it’s from the gas leak season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wait, is this an actual thing? Am I already supposed to know about it if so? There’s a good chance I fell asleep and missed a few episodes :lol:
Nah it’s what they refer to it by. I think Troy mentions it in S5.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nah it’s what they refer to it by. I think Troy mentions it in S5.
Ah ok. I thought Troy wasn't in s5. Glad he's still in it.

Good show. Haven’t rewatched it and don’t really have the desire to, below Parks and Rec and B99 for me.
Yeah it has that same silliness to it, possibly even more so, but not as clever or high quality as Brooklyn 99. Still a nice easy watch or as background fodder, with the occasional gem.

Pierce is easily the best character for me. I've already mentioned it but it's impressive that he's so good in it despite seemingly hating being on the show and hating his character even more, which is apparently a parody of himself.

Dante

Average bang
Ah ok. I thought Troy wasn't in s5. Glad he's still in it.

Yeah it has that same silliness to it, possibly even more so, but not as clever or high quality as Brooklyn 99. Still a nice easy watch or as background fodder, with the occasional gem.

Pierce is easily the best character for me. I've already mentioned it but it's impressive that he's so good in it despite seemingly hating being on the show and hating his character even more, which is apparently a parody of himself.
lolno

b82REZ

It's a great show although they removed the Dungeons and Dragons episode which was one of the best.
No they haven't, I watched it the other day.

On a second viewing the seasons after 2 are fecking awful.

Completely forgot about the ham-fisted attempts to get new members in the group after Pierce and Troy left (or got fired). The less said about the "gas leak" season the better. The only saving grace is Dean Pelton.

Leans far too heavily on the meta angles and Abed becomes incredibly irritating.