Community Shield 2020 - Arsenal vs Liverpool - Saturday(29th August)

AshRK

Take auba out arsenal offer nothing upfront. Fair play to arteta for improving the defensive organization but attacking wise they look so average. Not sure how much sustainable this tactic is.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I've never seen a team get as many jammy deflections/bounces leading to goals as this Liverpool side

Litch

Arsenal look like they better organised but equally look very limited.....

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Is it just me or does the Wembley pitch look super bumpy and sticky.

Like something at the local park.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not going to hype Arsenal and Arteta too early for doing jack all -

But it wonderful to watch when your manager wants to play formations like a 343 with left footed CB's at LCB (Tierney & Gabriel) right footed RCBs like Saliba both able to play aggressive and to be covered by a sweeper/cdm like Luiz.

On the other size you have wing back positions that can be covered just as much by players like Bellerin as Willian, or Tierney just as much as Saka.

The inside forwards seem to be cutting on on stronger foot playing inverted and away from the touch line whilst being away from the centre aswell like Aubameyang is. Saka is a left footer than can play at RW and do just as much damage in his own ways whilst Lacazette keeps the cente preoccupied more deeply.

@GlasgowCeltic

I agree considering that he doesnt have a large amount of money to blow like other clubs he seems like he knows what he is doing.

DarkLord

Oh that Japanese lad scored. Nice name.
Does this have extra time or go straight to penalties?

Godfather

Arse stopped playing football. This goes directly to pens if it stays like this right? Still remember VDS absolutely killing it back in the days in the CS.

AshRK

Lacazette is missing as well.
I am not talking about personal, I am.just pointing out at their style. All they have been doing in big games is score a goal and just sit back and hope auba scores a beauty. It's not sustainable long term.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Arse stopped playing football. This goes directly to pens if it stays like this right? Still remember VDS absolutely killing it back in the days in the CS.
They have only been back in training a week. Liverpool are far ahead in their preparations.

Irrational.

Is it bad that I think the new Liverpool kit looks quite smart? :nervous:

Arsenal's on the other hand makes it look like their players have been ravaged by a moderately obese cat.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I know it’s early season but these 2 look absolutely god-awful

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Is it bad that I think the new Liverpool kit looks quite smart? :nervous:

Arsenal's on the other hand makes it look like their players have been ravaged by a moderately obese cat.
What's with the 3rd Reich style writing on the back?

Inigo Montoya

Hardly third reich. It looks like an amateur attempt at Gothic script. Like something you'd attempt the first time you pick up a Pilot Parallel or a Rotring pen.
It wasn't meant seriously mate. Didn't need a lecture in font styles :lol:

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
I am not talking about personal, I am.just pointing out at their style. All they have been doing in big games is score a goal and just sit back and hope auba scores a beauty. It's not sustainable long term.
It can be. We relied on Henry a lot?

Barca has relied on Messi a lot over the seasons?

Superunknown

Hardly third reich. It looks like an amateur attempt at Gothic script. Like something you'd attempt the first time you pick up a Pilot Parallel or a Rotring pen.
That last sentence just reminds me of this video:

Inigo Montoya

Liverpool do not look as dominant as they did...don't know but can't see them sweeping teams aside

Superunknown

Where do I apply to claim the last 2 hours of my life back? Always a crap friendly this fixture anyway.
They need to find ways of jazzing it up, like setting the ball on fire, or adding bears onto the pitch, or maybe even making the goals a few metres wider and higher.

Maybe even allow the managers to play?

AshRK

It can be. We relied on Henry a lot?

Barca has relied on Messi a lot over the seasons?
Wtf. Barca were a different beast and play on front foot. Arsenal under wenger used to play on front foot and used to dominate teams. This is nothing like that. It looks acceptable maybe now because people don't want to be harsh on him but the brand you guys are playing under arteta looks boring.