Complete Mental Obliteration V2

Liam147

On Probation
Is that what you think they would do?
Dunno, depends if they're in a particularly sadistic mood that day. If not, and they're feeling a bit generous, then yes, I would say they would try and get guns around, so people can actually try and defend themselves. Only to the major cities at first, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Liverpool, then around to the more populated cities.

And how does that depend on petrol not evaporating?
We'd need petrol to get about. I never even suggested petrol would evaporate, someone else may have suggested that. You were just cutting off most survival methods, so I thought you might rule out the use of petrol as well. It's like a bizarre episode of MacGyver.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Dunno, depends if they're in a particularly sadistic mood that day. If not, and they're feeling a bit generous, then yes, I would say they would try and get guns around, so people can actually try and defend themselves. Only to the major cities at first, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol, Liverpool, then around to the more populated cities.
:lol:

It keeps on giving.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
My apologies, looks like I gate crashed your thread. I have no idea what is going on in at least 80% of threads here any more, even after I've been in them and read every post.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Laim147 said:
We'd need petrol to get about. I never even suggested petrol would evaporate, someone else may have suggested that. You were just cutting off most survival methods, so I thought you might rule out the use of petrol as well. It's like a bizarre episode of MacGyver.
No, what I said was that going to places like an airport would be retarded for a number of reasons, and that public transport wouldn't run during a zombie outbreak. How does that equate to petrol being ruled out? Would books turn into dust?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
The military doesn't need to use its army. Not when they can just distribute guns on a mass level to the population instead.

Liam147

On Probation
Hectic said:
No, what I said was that going to places like an airport would be retarded for a number of reasons, and that public transport wouldn't run during a zombie outbreak. How does that equate to petrol being ruled out? Would books turn into dust?
Don't try Dewey me. I still think the RAF could ship some of us out. The Navy too come to think of, but it's understandable that Ryanair would take a day off for it.

The army would be crucial if zombies attacked. Where do you think the Queen would go? Bet she'd be in the Seychelles.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I bet the queen would be Patient Zero in this case, as she is already as close to a living dead as you could get right now

Liam147

On Probation
The military doesn't need to use its army. Not when they can just distribute guns on a mass level to the population instead.
The military and the army are the same. I'm not saying it would be easy. But do you think they'd just let everyone try and fight off the zombies with vinyls? Or do you reckon they'd try their best to get help to people?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
If they are in a position where they can distribute guns to each family, then why don't they just kill the zombies in the first place. Think about what you are saying.

Liam147

On Probation
If they are in a position where they can distribute guns to each family, then why don't they just kill the zombies in the first place. Think about what you are saying.
I was trying to think of an appropriate analogy, but I can't, so I'll just make my point. One person can use one gun at a time. I'm sure you can figure this out, but just in case someone like NDF reads this, imagine there are 100,000 guns, and 10,000 soldiers. They might as well distribute the remaining 90,000 guns to everyone else.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I was trying to think of an appropriate analogy, but I can't, so I'll just make my point. One person can use one gun at a time. I'm sure you can figure this out, but just in case someone like NDF reads this, imagine there are 100,000 guns, and 10,000 soldiers. They might as well distribute the remaining 90,000 guns to everyone else.
Why would they not keep the bullets from the 90 000 guns for themselves, seeing that they are probably more capable of shooting at zombies then the 90 000 who might've gotten a gun?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Who are you trying to mentally obliterate here?

Lastwolf

Well, when you say you should 'shoot' people, it doesn't exactly sound the same as keeping a safe perimeter. You can avoid people without having to kill them.
I didn't say in the head, that's crazy.

Just in the leg or arm, you know one of those friendly 'greeting' wounds, plus it's a great ice breaker with people you don't know.

Member 60376

Liam what makes you think there will be any human left in the army or navy or airforce to hand out guns, it will be every man for himself. You need guns, find an ammunition depot then loot it. You need cars, people will be dead all round, their cars probably sitting in the middle of the road. Siphon petrol from the tanks of n cars in cans, then drive off with a big strong car. What is wrong with you man, the question is not to do with how will you survive forever, but atleast try to survive for some time. If the zombies are close then shoot yourself than becoming one of them.

Liam147

On Probation
Liam what makes you think there will be any human left in the army or navy or airforce to hand out guns, it will be every man for himself. You need guns, find an ammunition depot then loot it. You need cars, people will be dead all round, their cars probably sitting in the middle of the road. Siphon petrol from the tanks of n cars in cans, then drive off with a big strong car. What is wrong with you man, the question is not to do with how will you survive forever, but atleast try to survive for some time. If the zombies are close then shoot yourself than becoming one of them.
Right, supposing everyone's dead, I need to find an ammo depot, the nearest of which would be past Birmingham, by which point I'd be long gone.

So, my prospect is to mourn the passing of my country, while I try and survive on my own. What's the point, I mean what is the point of living.

Member 60376

Right, supposing everyone's dead, I need to find an ammo depot, the nearest of which would be past Birmingham, by which point I'd be long gone.

So, my prospect is to mourn the passing of my country, while I try and survive on my own. What's the point, I mean what is the point of living.
You can team up with folks who are still alive, keep watch all round the clock, anyway you need to keep moving all the time because they will be moving from one town to another once that place is converted.

Lastwolf

Why would you need to move all the time? Zombies will be everywhere, you would only need to move once you'd tapped the resources in that area. A secure location to sleep in, easy access to food and water. Once you have those, forget about moving for a while.

Teaming up with other survivors will be a mixed bag, basically everyone still alive will be dealing with some epic post traumatic stress disorder. If they are acting crazy all the time or kill themselves cause they can't take it any more, that's going to affect your own mental state. There are several zombie movie precedents for people getting their fellow survivors killed by random bouts of insanity/stupidity. But, at some stage your going to need some human contact to avoid going a bit postal yourself.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I'll delete it and answer via pm Burrow, otherwise it will encoruage other posters to answer the questions from the thread, which isn't how it works.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
dont any of you gimps read zombie literature or watch zombie movies?

where the feck do you think you are going to find 90,000 guns?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
dont any of you gimps read zombie literature or watch zombie movies?

where the feck do you think you are going to find 90,000 guns?
It's unbelievable. Failing that, common sense can help you out here.

So far, none of Liam's plans lead to a longer life span, than if he had just stayed indoors at his home.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Don't you guys think that dissecting Laim147's answer at length in the last few pages gives thebest a platform as to what not to include in his reply?

Speaking of which where the hell is thebest? Has he even seen the question?

Probably the "newbie mod" wum obliterated him.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Nope, TB will still manage to entertain despite having help here.

Plus, the next question will feature TB answering first, with Liam allowed to benefit from our reaction.

Liam147

On Probation
It's unbelievable. Failing that, common sense can help you out here.

So far, none of Liam's plans lead to a longer life span, than if he had just stayed indoors at his home.
Are you kidding? Zombies usually find a way of breaking into houses.

And the whole longer life span doesn't apply. Considering the circumstances, me surviving for one day or one week wouldn't make much of a difference, and if I survived it fully, most other people would be dead, and life wouldn't really be worth living.
Don't you guys think that dissecting Laim147's answer at length in the last few pages gives thebest a platform as to what not to include in his reply?

Speaking of which where the hell is thebest? Has he even seen the question?

Probably the "newbie mod" wum obliterated him.
I thought that.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
So life isn't worth living is others are dead? Liam you have the worst outlook on life I have ever seen. No planes? Kill myself. No public transport...kill myself. No contacting other countries....kill myself. Survive alone....kill myself.

Yes, zombies can break into houses Liam, but they can't break through complete barricades, or say climb an attic and enter a loft, or any number of things you could do. Nor do they just randomly break into all houses in the country. I'm pretty sure you have a longer suvival time of staying indoors, without prompting the zombies to attack, over say running to the airport, or going to zombie-infested cities to participate in a circle of chainsaws death stunt.

Basically, your plan is to survive until there is no one left at which point you will kill yourself. Or kill yourself from the start as there's no point even trying.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Most Brits I know would celebrate rather then kill themself when they are told they are not allowed to contact / go to France..Not Liam though!

Liam147

On Probation
So life isn't worth living is others are dead? Liam you have the worst outlook on life I have ever seen. No planes? Kill myself. No public transport...kill myself. No contacting other countries....kill myself. Survive alone....kill myself.

Yes, zombies can break into houses Liam, but they can't break through complete barricades, or say climb an attic and enter a loft, or any number of things you could do. Nor do they just randomly break into all houses in the country. I'm pretty sure you have a longer suvival time of staying indoors, without prompting the zombies to attack, over say running to the airport, or going to zombie-infested cities to participate in a circle of chainsaws death stunt.

Basically, your plan is to survive until there is no one left at which point you will kill yourself. Or kill yourself from the start as there's no point even trying.
Yeah, and remember where I am at the moment. I have nothing meaningful to barricade myself in with here. At least if I went home we could get wardrobes, beds, sofas and stuff to barricade ourselves properly.

But think of the prospect, of everyone you know being dead, it's not like they're in a coma and they'll be fine in a while, they'd be dead, forever, you'd never see these people again. I'd still do what I could to fend them off, but it'd be pretty futile if so many people had died.

Besides, your point about me staying alive longer if I stayed inside doesn't make sense. It'd be a few hours, then I'd definitely, 100% die. I could at least make a go of it by trying to go home.

Lastwolf

You live in a building, right ?

Close and lock the doors, close blinds/ curtains, stay away from the windows and you'll be fine for at least a few days without any proper barricades. Zombies just loiter or dander about reacting to loud noises and brightness, one house or flat isn't really going to stand out as, zombies only get good at getting into somewhere when there are loads of them.

In the early stages your more in danger from recently infected people freaking out than the actual zombies.

Sleep in a room above the ground floor with something heavy against the door (bed, cupboard) or prop a chair under the handle. Might not stop them but will wake you before they break in, time enough to jump out a window or jump across to another build via the roof, dependant on your current dwelling.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Well, it does make sense for exactly that reason. My statement was you would have lived longer if you had just stayed inside, rather than any one of your other plans which was centered around imminent death. Staying inside, even for a few hours, is going to keep you alive longer then you trying to walk miles home during a zombie takeover. How are you not understanding this. Or that you live in a building, and zombies don't just break down all doors on the off chance one person is inside there.

What do you sleep on, a bed? That's a barricade. Chairs, anything.....Zombies don't have metal fists for fecksake.

If everyone I knew were dead, my life wouldn't be future, but all the more important.

Liam147

On Probation
You live in a building, right ?

Close and lock the doors, close blinds/ curtains, stay away from the windows and you'll be fine for at least a few days without any proper barricades. Zombies just loiter or dander about reacting to loud noises and brightness, one house or flat isn't really going to stand out as, zombies only get good at getting into somewhere when there are loads of them.

In the early stages your more in danger from recently infected people freaking out than the actual zombies.

Sleep in a room above the ground floor with something heavy against the door (bed, cupboard) or prop a chair under the handle. Might not stop them but will wake you before they break in, time enough to jump out a window or jump across to another build via the roof, dependant on your current dwelling.
Can you prove that?
Well, it does make sense for exactly that reason. My statement was you would have lived longer if you had just stayed inside, rather than any one of your other plans which was centered around imminent death. Staying inside, even for a few hours, is going to keep you alive longer then you trying to walk miles home during a zombie takeover. How are you not understanding this. Or that you live in a building, and zombies don't just break down all doors on the off chance one person is inside there.

What do you sleep on, a bed? That's a barricade. Chairs, anything.....Zombies don't have metal fists for fecksake.

If everyone I knew were dead, my life wouldn't be future, but all the more important.
I could move a mattress which isn't very heavy, and a chair which is similarly un-heavy.

I understand the point you're making, my point is that in this instances there's little difference between staying alive for an hour or a day, in both scenarios I end up dead, and quickly. I'd rather go home and see people I know, and as I've said, if I'm going to die, I'd rather die with them.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
You wouldn't see them, you'd probably be dead before you made it out of your building. And you could go back and be with them, but they'd be zombies, so.....

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Are you kidding? Zombies usually find a way of breaking into houses.

And the whole longer life span doesn't apply. Considering the circumstances, me surviving for one day or one week wouldn't make much of a difference, and if I survived it fully, most other people would be dead, and life wouldn't really be worth living.
I thought that.
having read your posts, i agree, do it now and do us all a favour