Congratulations goes to Sadio Mane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
well, did not expect to be googling "nonce" today.

Tarrou

You know the age of consent is different in different countries right?
Yeah. As far as I know the age of consent is 16 in the UK? I am 43, and it would be seriously fecked up if I dated a 16 year old. 16 year olds are children.

Moby

Dick
Shall we extrapolate this argument out to other countries, where they have laws that allow men to marry children essentially? You're fine with that as well, I assume, given everything is fine once there is a law.

This whole 'mind your own business stuff' is absolute bollox.
Only if you think you can actually extrapolate the age parameter in any discussion let alone in one like this, which would be fecking mental.

Yeah no what happens in someone else's personal life and is not breaking any laws or isn't impacting you in any way is indeed none of your actual business, by definition.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I maintain that the majority of people defending such actions through the anonymity of the internet are the very same doing similar things or at least open to doing them.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I maintain that the majority of people defending such actions through the anonymity of the internet are the very same doing similar things or at least open to doing them.
:lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mate the only weirdo here is the one losing his head over someone doing something well under legal and social norms in a different part of the world. Take a shower or something.
Actually I just read and you're also classified as a minor in Senegal under the age of 18. So it wouldn't matter if you are in the UK, Germany or Senegal. In each situation Mane has courted someone who wasn't an adult and clearly, by this thread, most people think it's odd to do so.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah. As far as I know the age of consent is 16 in the UK? I am 43, and it would be seriously fecked up if I dated a 16 year old. 16 year olds are children.
Will it be better if a 60yr old is dating an 18-20yr old

Last edited:

Handré1990

Goes without saying. Even if I’d done something disgusting like that I’d have the good sense to pretend otherwise :confused:

antk

that's your opinion, doesn't mean the whole world is obliged to agree to it.
Who asked the whole world to agree anyway? You are the one in this thread trying to police people's opinions in the first place.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I don’t think that’s funny. Whatever the topic, be it rape, grooming, domestic violence etc. those coming to the aid of the guilty party are usually of similar moral fibre and should be treated like that.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Even more shocking that we didn't sign him. Our scouting is a mess.
I’m so glad we got rid of him. The man is a complete disaster of a person.

Conor

Only if you think you can actually extrapolate the age parameter in any discussion let alone in one like this, which would be fecking mental.

Yeah no what happens in someone else's personal life and is not breaking any laws or isn't impacting you in any way is indeed none of your actual business, by definition.
That's a lovely way to just brush some garden variety noncing under the rug.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Open to it? Yes if it's a good fit. My best friend dated a 16 year old when he was 26 (not that much different) and by now they are also married and living together for quite a few years already. And believe me, when you saw them together right at the beginning of that relationship, you would have said she is the more mature one and he is lucky to get a girl who makes sure he gets his stuff done.

The bigger the age gap becomes, the more rare it gets, but there simply are 16yo who know well enough what they want and need and that you don't have to protect against 30yo. I would simply never judge such a relationship without knowing more about her character.

AndySmith1990

Open to it? Yes if it's a good fit. My best friend dated a 16 year old when he was 26 (not that much different) and by now they are also married and living together for quite a few years already. And believe me, when you saw them together right at the beginning of that relationship, you would have said she is the more mature one and he is lucky to get a girl who makes sure he gets his stuff done.

The bigger the age gap becomes, the more rare it gets, but there simply are 16yo who know well enough what they want and need and that you don't have to protect against 30yo. I would simply never judge such a relationship without knowing more about her character.
What I find weird is how a fully grown man ends up chatting to and flirting with a 16 year old in the first place

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I've no issue with age differences in relationships but why would a grown man even want to date somebody who is 18. Like what do they have in common??

Edit: Well, marry in this case.
While it's legal to date or marry anyone over 18 but some age gaps are just weird predatory and creepy

19yr old college freshman dating a 17yr old highschool cheerleader- illegal

In a yrs time his grandpa dating the same girl - perfectly legal

Handré1990

Will it be better if a 60yr old is dating an 18yr old
Much better, since I believe most countries have people as adults from 18 yo. It’s still very cringey, usually for money or some unresolved daddy issues.

I work for a pretty big company, one of the higher ups started dating a 22yo, he’s 52. I thought it was pretty cool that he was commanded to the CEO’s (and also majority owner) office and told in no uncertain terms that they won’t be inviting her to exec dinners with wifes and vacations on the company dime. He just told him straight up that this might be detrimental to his career advancements. Took the guy a month to get rid of the trophy.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Actually I just read and you're also classified as a minor in Senegal under the age of 18. So it wouldn't matter if you are in the UK, Germany or Senegal. In each situation Mane has courted someone who wasn't an adult and clearly, by this thread, most people think it's odd to do so.
He should be under investigation for grooming then. Although we all know that these rules don't apply to national heroes. Different rules etc..

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What I find weird is how a fully grown man ends up chatting to and flirting with a 16 year old in the first place
They are losers incapable of having a relationship with someone they can’t control completely.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Much better, since I believe most countries have people as adults from 18 yo. It’s still very cringey, usually for money or some unresolved daddy issues.

I work for a pretty big company, one of the higher ups started dating a 22yo, he’s 52. I thought it was pretty cool that he was commanded to the CEO’s (and also majority owner) office and told in no uncertain terms that they won’t be inviting her to exec dinners with wifes and vacations on the company dime. He just told him straight up that this might be detrimental to his career advancements. Took the guy a month to get rid of the trophy.
This is kind of ironic when you think about it

Castia

Not concerned at all. She's old enough, not everyone has western cultures and ideals. And I don't get the impression that he violated a minor. With these types of religious people it wouldn't even surprise me that she was a virgin till her wedding night. Sometimes you just have to let people live their lives the way they see fit without snobby western judgement.
Oh god here we go

The west are snobs for not agreeing to banging a 16 year old kid at 30 years old

In before the lock anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.