Conte | Spurs Manager

ShinjiNinja26

A bit of a step down for Conte. Quality manager who could potentially do a good job here but Conte and Levy similarly to Jose seems like a match made in hell, hopefully shit hits the fan sooner rather than later.

ShinjiNinja26

- Joined Juventus in May 2010 as Sporting Director and Head of Technical Areas
- Became Juventus's Chief Football Officer
- Juventus went unbeaten in the league in 2011-12 under Paratici and Conte
- Juventus won nine consecutive Serie A titles from 2011-12 to 2019-20 under Paratici
-
Signed players including Pogba (free transfer, sold for £94m), Vidal (£11m, sold for £35m), Immobile (£2.4m, sold for £12m), Morata (£18m, sold for £27m), Bonucci (£13m, sold for £38m), Pjanic (£28m, sold for £54m), Cancelo (£36m, sold for £59m), as well as the likes of De Ligt, Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo and Higuain.

Looks fine to me.
Juve fans couldn’t wait to get shot of Paratici.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So with Contes 3-4-3 they'd be realistically looking like

Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Alderwiereld, Hojberg, Ndombele, Aurier, Reguilon, Lo Celso, Son, Kane

Potentially could lose Kane, could maybe get 2/3 additions with that money.

I still think they'd only be battling for between 4th-7th next year but Conte is a winner, I'd be surprised if he went there personally.

Nero

Is there anything rival clubs (tenuous use of the word rival) can do that doesn't annoy people on here?

Infra-red

Top manager, among the best three or four in the league if he joins.

The race for CL places next season is going to be a hard fought one.

mu4c_20le

A bit of a step down for Conte. Quality manager who could potentially do a good job here but Conte and Levy similarly to Jose seems like a match made in hell, hopefully shit hits the fan sooner rather than later.
Understatement of the year. From Serie A title winners to scrapping for a Europa place with no money? I'd be more disappointed in him than Poch going back.

pascell

- Joined Juventus in May 2010 as Sporting Director and Head of Technical Areas
- Became Juventus's Chief Football Officer
- Juventus went unbeaten in the league in 2011-12 under Paratici and Conte
- Juventus won nine consecutive Serie A titles from 2011-12 to 2019-20 under Paratici
-
Signed players including Pogba (free transfer, sold for £94m), Vidal (£11m, sold for £35m), Immobile (£2.4m, sold for £12m), Morata (£18m, sold for £27m), Bonucci (£13m, sold for £38m), Pjanic (£28m, sold for £54m), Cancelo (£36m, sold for £59m), as well as the likes of De Ligt, Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo and Higuain.

Looks fine to me.
Won 9 consecutive titles in a one horse race.

Pjanic and Arthur deal sketchy as hell were they bought Arthur for £64m. Cancelo sold for £59m but bought Danilo (inferior player) for £33m. Ronaldo for £100m and on astronomical wages. Bought Douglas Costa for £36m to then loan him out to Bayern and Gremio.

Then signed Juve up to the Super League which they still plan to be apart of.

Just came 4th in the league and resigns.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Understatement of the year. From Serie A title winners to scrapping for a Europa place with no money? I'd be more disappointed in him than Poch going back.
I don't think there is anyway Conte would agree to come if he didn't get an agreement that money is going to be spent - this is make or break for the club really - rebuild required and we simply must spend.

ShinjiNinja26

Defo. I bet Conte never imagined he’d be scrapping it out in the Europa Conference League after just stopping Juve winning 10 in a row.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Defo. I bet Conte never imagined he’d be scrapping it out in the Europa Conference League after just stopping Juve winning 10 in a row.
You are talking like Conte is being forced to manage Spurs against his will. 'If' he comes it will be because he wants to be there. I know that is hard for you to believe.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Won 9 consecutive titles in a one horse race.
It wasn't a one horse race, when Agnelli, Marotta, Paratici and Conte joined. Paratici was part of the management team that made the league a one horse race.

NK86

I don't think there is anyway Conte would agree to come if he didn't get an agreement that money is going to be spent - this is make or break for the club really - rebuild required and we simply must spend.
But where will you get the money from? Unless you guys sell Kane, with no crowds and the massive stadium debt, how are you going to be able to compete for the top players?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
You are talking like Conte is being forced to manage Spurs against his will. 'If' he comes it will be because he wants to be there. I know that is hard for you to believe.
There is only one scenario for conte to come. Kane is staying. Spurs will mostly field kids for conference league. Spurs have a good first 11 to challenge top 4 this season and good domestic cup showing. Good luck with him if you are able to sign him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yes, so was Jose. That turned out really well too.
Sort of see the comparison - I think Conte's still very much still at his best, whilst Jose was slowly slipping down.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I am sure Conte will improve Spurs even if their transfer season is not going to be that great. This man is a winner and his CV speaks for itself. The prem is going to be very tough next season.
Though that was said when we had Ancelotti and Mourinho in the league. Will be very hard for them to replace Kane. Lukaku's the best comparison in terms of replacing the goals and potentially available, but there's no way he'd choose Spurs over Chelsea.

Diabovermelho

Finished 1 point shy of Juventus last season, and won the Scudetto this year. One of the best managers currently in Europe.

Spurs may finally win a trophy with him, but it won't be a long term project.

His salary probably will be gigantic, and Levy has surely made him some promises? Perhaps Kane is staying or he'll have the money to buy new players.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Can Spurs afford to go on a summer shopping spree with the loan repayments and whatnot to consider?

Just that I heard they were broke, forcing Levy to accept the invitation to the ESL for cash for the huge cash injection alone.

Tony247

Looks like Conte is Jose's stalker. Next stop Roma in 2 years.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Though that was said when we had Ancelotti and Mourinho in the league. Will be very hard for them to replace Kane. Lukaku's the best comparison in terms of replacing the goals and potentially available, but there's no way he'd choose Spurs over Chelsea.
Tbf those two are used to managing expensively assembled squads and are a little or a lot past their best. Conte demands money, but he coaches his sides very well. It definitely adds a level of toughness to the league.

galcianuk

Can Spurs afford to go on a summer shopping spree with the loan repayments and whatnot to consider?

Just that I heard they were broke, forcing Levy to accept the invitation to the ESL for cash for the huge cash injection alone.
They refinanced that loan over a much longer period just recently I think.

Conte must be pretty desperate to manage again ASAP for him to end up at Spurs. Their squad needs major surgery, so even if they sell Kane I can't see them going for a superstar striker. Maybe that Silva guy from Frankfurt.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Either way, Conte is a hell of a bounce back for Spurs if it comes off. They definitely seemed like a club on the verge of becoming meandering.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If Spurs can land Conte, I guess Pochettino really did turn Spurs into a big club. Prior to him, no way they get managers like Mourinho or Conte.

Majority of fans on here taught Mourinho will win a trophy with Spurs, so even a top manager will have a hard time at spurs. It Would be hard to see Conte surpassing Pochettino achievements but he definitely has a chance if they invest the Kane money wisely. With Tuchel at Chelsea, Klopp having his defenders back, and potentially Conte at spurs, I would be surprised if we get second place in the league again next season unless we sign another Bruno(which sancho could be).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I guess we will find out!

El Jefe

Give him a good summer of spending and he'll want the same again in January and again in the summer. I can't think of a worse combination than Levy and Conte. Its even worse than Levy and Jose because Jose had the self awareness of knowing his opportunities at the top level were scarce, Conte has no such issues.

I'd expect him to last a season at Spurs but the good thing is going by his track record its likely to be a successful season.

The Firestarter

If Spurs can land Conte, I guess Pochettino really did turn Spurs into a big club. Prior to him, no way they get managers like Mourinho or Conte.

Majority of fans on here taught Mourinho will win a trophy with Spurs, so even a top manager will have a hard time at spurs. It Would be hard to see Conte surpassing Pochettino achievements but he definitely has a chance if they invest the Kane money wisely. With Tuchel at Chelsea, Klopp having his defenders back, and potentially Conte at spurs, I would be surprised if we get second place in the league again next season unless we sign another Bruno(which sancho could be).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Conte is a huge upgrade on Jose. He'll improve the current players enough to see them fight for top four again next season I think. Obviously, reinforcements in the transfer window will assist with that.

Spurs have done well landing him.

TheGame

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
But where will you get the money from? Unless you guys sell Kane, with no crowds and the massive stadium debt, how are you going to be able to compete for the top players?
Spurs have ready made team for him with reguilon and bergwijn as wing backs.Holjberg and ndombele midfield. Son Alli/moura Kane attack in 3-4-3 formation.

Only he need to do is drilling the players into pattern of play. Believe me he is one hell of a trainer and players will be exhausted after every session from him until he get the desire result.

I remember in his first season when Chelsea struggled in league and arsenal went 3-0 up at half time he changed into three at the back formation, then went on to win the league.30 wins in that season.

Only problem is Kane stays or not.I am not saying he will win the league coming season if he take Spurs job but he will surely bring them into top 4.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Wonder how Arsenal fans feel seeing their two London rivals appointing top class managers whilst they’re stuck with an amateur like Arteta. And all the managers they’ve been calling for in recent months (Ancelloti, Conte, Allegri) will have been scooped up so when things inevitably go wrong at the start of next season and they sack him there won’t be anyone available.
No point in staring over your neighbours fence admiring their garden all the time, when there's plenty work you can do to sort yours.

However, there's always a chance perhaps you need a Charlie Dimmock to come in & take it in to the next level! :D

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Spurs have ready made team for him with reguilon and bergwijn as wing backs.Holjberg and ndombele midfield. Son Alli/moura Kane attack in 3-4-3 formation.

Only he need to do is drilling the players into pattern of play. Believe me he is one hell of a trainer and players will be exhausted after every session from him until he get the desire result.

I remember in his first season when Chelsea struggled in league and arsenal went 3-0 up at half time he changed into three at the back formation, then went on to win the league.30 wins in that season.

Only problem is Kane stays or not.I am not saying he will win the league coming season if he take Spurs job but he will surely bring them into top 4.
Not too sure about that.

Bergwijn is not a wing back. You could maybe try to play him there but that is a real conversion project. He is a hard worker and could get up and down the flank but its not clear at all that he would have the defensive nous or ball skills in possession to play that role.

This formation really requires a lot out of the midfield in terms of workrate. I know that Inter was supposedly interested in N'Dombele last summer but overall he is a player whose biggest deficiency is workrate so I don't know about that fit.

I think Conte is more likely to play with two strikers and one behind, like he does with Inter, than with three across, like he did with Chelsea. Kane and Son would be great as the two strikers, there isn't really anybody who is a natural fit for the one behind. Neither N'Dombele or Lo Celso has convinced when given those roles in the past.

They don't have any particularly good CBs. I could see Conte being able to work with Alderweireld.

All in all, Conte is a great manager who could turn them into a very good side but I think he would need to buy 4-5 significant players (RWB, CB, CM, CAM, maybe even one more CB) to really make them convincing. And that is assuming Kane stays. Give him 150m to spend this summer and it could work. But does Spurs have that kind of money?

NK86

The players you mentioned are all decent players (except of course Kane who is world class), but I don't see them as any threat. To be in the top 4, he has to ensure Spurs do better than at least one of City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United (not to mention Leicester who have been thereabouts the last 2 seasons and missed it by a whisker).
Who do you think Conte will outperform to break into the top 4?
Also, there's no guarantees Kane will stay. If he leaves or is demotivated to not get a move, it could be disastrous for Spurs.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Not too sure about that.

Bergwijn is not a wing back. You could maybe try to play him there but that is a real conversion project. He is a hard worker and could get up and down the flank but its not clear at all that he would have the defensive nous or ball skills in possession to play that role.

This formation really requires a lot out of the midfield in terms of workrate. I know that Inter was supposedly interested in N'Dombele last summer but overall he is a player whose biggest deficiency is workrate so I don't know about that fit.

I think Conte is more likely to play with two strikers and one behind, like he does with Inter, than with three across, like he did with Chelsea. Kane and Son would be great as the two strikers, there isn't really anybody who is a natural fit for the one behind. Neither N'Dombele or Lo Celso has convinced when given those roles in the past.

They don't have any particularly good CBs. I could see Conte being able to work with Alderweireld.

All in all, Conte is a great manager who could turn them into a very good side but I think he would need to buy 4-5 significant players (RWB, CB, CM, CAM, maybe even one more CB) to really make them convincing. And that is assuming Kane stays. Give him 150m to spend this summer and it could work. But does Spurs have that kind of money?
You have three centerback formation you don't need world class CBs. That's what he did with Cahill and Luiz he can't get that defensive solidity hence he include azpi in CBs three group. Cahill Luiz not world class as 2 CBs but that three CBs formation gave chelsea that security. He even used Moses as right wing back in that season and won the league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You have three centerback formation you don't need world class CBs. That's what he did with Cahill and Luiz he can't get that defensive solidity hence he include azpi in CBs three group. Cahill Luiz not world class as 2 CBs but that three CBs formation gave chelsea that security. He even used Moses as right wing back in that season and won the league.
They played infront of Kante and Matic who was still one of the best DMs in the league. That helped defensive solidity.