Conte | Spurs Manager

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It will go hilariously tits up at the end even more so than with Mou but unfortunately this time they will get some success first.

A fully motivated Conte is a serious threat.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It will go hilariously tits up at the end even more so than with Mou but unfortunately this time they will get some success first.

A fully motivated Conte is a serious threat.
I don't think it will - his meltdowns are never on the same level as Mourinho, and he can at least back it up with the results/trophies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think it will - his meltdowns are never on the same level as Mourinho, and he can at least back it up with the results/trophies.
When Conte fully lost it with us he made Mou look like a pussycat.

For everything Jose did wrong in those last month's the one thing I'll always give him is he stayed commited to the job until the end, Conte as good as resigned halfway through the second season.

Levy will have to spend and keep spending to keep him happy medium term, and even that may not be enough.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

For everything Jose did wrong in those last month's the one thing I'll always give him is he stayed commited to the job until the end, Conte as good as resigned halfway through the second season.

Levy will have to spend and keep spending to keep him happy medium term, and even that may not be enough.
Not sure, Spurs not having the profile of a rich club so maybe his expectations are not as high with regards to the spending.

the_cliff

Not sure, Spurs not having the profile of a rich club so maybe his expectations are not as high with regards to the spending.
I don't think so. Conte must've been given some promises in regards to money being spent otherwise he would've rejected them as he did during the summer. My worry with Conte and Spurs is not so much long term as he will eventually fall out with Levy probably over signings. It's more he'll make us pay by getting top 4 this season ahead of us.

I'm still in disbelief that we had the chance to make him our manager and we didn't.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think so. Conte must've been given some promises in regards to money being spent otherwise he would've rejected them as he did during the summer. My worry with Conte and Spurs is not so much long term as he will eventually fall out with Levy probably over signings. It's more he'll make us pay by getting top 4 this season ahead of us.

I'm still in disbelief that we had the chance to make him our manager and we didn't.
Maybe, maybe not.
One thing for certain is that at Chelsea, Inter and Juve they all did things opposite to what was promised.
Not sure what Conte was promised, but I doubt Spurs are going to be splashing crazy cash, and Conte himself has acknowledged this already.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Mou sabotaged his team & staff in that Eva incident that had you guys just outside the relegation zone.

He began throwing his toys out of the pram midway in his second season with us too.

Conte, although difficult, still left you guys with an FA Cup when he was ‘resigning’.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
UEFA announced have Spurs have been knocked out the Conference League. Doubt Conte will be sad about that. His team was impressive yesterday. Shame they couldn't finish.

the_cliff

He won't lose much sleep after UEFA announced Spurs have been knocked out the Conference League. His team was impressive yesterday. Shame they couldn't finish.
I disagree, I think that was Spurs best chance at a trophy this season which is what the fans want. Spurs don't have the luxury of being able to forfeit trophies so easily.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I disagree, I think that was Spurs best chance at a trophy this season which is what the fans want. Spurs don't have the luxury of being able to forfeit trophies so easily.
It gives them an outside chance to get into top 4 though which is far more valuable for them, especially with Conte...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think coming back to live in London was big attraction for Conte (although he'd take either Manchester job if offered).

He was moaning about all the covid cases last week.....and then a few hours later was spotted shopping in the West end. :lol:

I think in short term he'll be happy managing in CL and 4th is obviously still very realistic for Spurs. They're still miles off competing for league title like in a couple of seasons under Poch.

the_cliff

It gives them an outside chance to get into top 4 though which is far more valuable for them, especially with Conte...
I think they'd have an outside chance of top 4 regardless. They're 6 points behind 4th with 3 games in hand.

paulscholes18

Tottenham being KO from the conference cup is the best thing that could have happened to them with those 3 games they are behind in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think they'd have an outside chance of top 4 regardless. They're 6 points behind 4th with 3 games in hand.
Yeah, and those games in hand become far more congested if they have to deal with even more games.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
We all seem a sour grape congregation of ex-es, don’t we? :lol: We all know his strengths and weaknesses, we also have learnt the hard way he is his own man, nothing less nothing more than that. Of course Spurs are a trampoline for him, just another low-risk high-reward appointment, and he will surely extract the most from them and even more. Will that be enough to make him a stayer, for once? Not sure, again, his mildly paranoid, uber competitive nature is what makes him so valuable when the circumstances are right, and he will however find another big stagnant ship to resurrect for his own glory and bank account once he feels he cannot overdeliver wehere he is any more.

the_cliff

Yeah, and those games in hand become far more congested if they have to deal with even more games.
They would've had to play Rapid Wien in the next round, no disrespect to them but let's not act like Conte couldn't rest half his team for those fixtures. Every other team fighting for top 4 has tougher European fixtures to deal with (barring Arsenal).

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Excellent outcome for us to not be in that ridiculous competition anymore but seems strange that we essentially got kicked out for following Covid protocols? What exactly were UEFA expecting us to do?

Gives Conte a lot of midweeks when he had no pre-season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They would've had to play Rapid Wien in the next round, no disrespect to them but let's not act like Conte couldn't rest half his team for those fixtures. Every other team fighting for top 4 has tougher European fixtures to deal with (barring Arsenal).
How do you know that? Injuries can happen. It gives more time to rest and recover plus more time for Conte to work on the training ground rather than have to deal with travel/preparation etc.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Have you seen our results in this competition? The players, rightly or wrongly, aren't taking it very seriously and its part of the reason we were even in the ridiculous situation of needing a result in the final game.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Aren't they still in the League Cup? If so, they are as many as 4 games away from winning a trophy where City have been already knocked out.

SambaBoy

Being out the Conference League will suit Conte.

I think a major factor that is overlooked with Chelsea's title winning season under him is that they didn't have European football to contend with. Not to discredit their season, but it was a clear advantage for the intense way he likes to play and having full weeks on the training ground.

He won't get the same free weeks with Spurs with the fixture list being what it is, but being out of the Conference League will provide some benefit in terms of training time and being able to play the 'Conte' way.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Imagine if Utd had needed a win against Young Boys to progress to the CL knockouts but couldn't play the game because half the team had contracted a potentially deadly virus that not only endangers the rest of their squad but also the opposition ... and were then chucked out of the competition for not playing. It's only Spurs and the Conference League though so it's fine.

crossy1686

career ending
Imagine if Utd had needed a win against Young Boys to progress to the CL knockouts but couldn't play the game because half the team had contracted a potentially deadly virus that not only endangers the rest of their squad but also the opposition ... and were then chucked out of the competition for not playing. It's only Spurs and the Conference League though so it's fine.
Spurs not being in the conference league benefits Spurs and UEFA so I doubt anyone cares but they wouldn't turf a team like United out of the CL knockouts for a team like Rapid Vienna

Guy Incognito

Don't see how it'll benefit Spurs unless Conte is allowed to make signings he wants in January.

The squad they have is still littered with duds and I still expect Kane will push for a move come the summer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I as an Arsenal fan are concerned with Conte getting momentum, & I'd suggest that Utd fans should be concerned as well.
Thing is, as weird of an opinion as it is to hold, I don't think I'd mind missing out on top 4. In my view, the performances some of our lads were turning in before Solskjaer got sacked do not warrant a place in the CL, a lot of them simply don't deserve to be playing at that level and neither do we as a team based off our form this season. We only really got out of the group because we have the best Champions League player ever. As a fan we lose out on playing against the best teams, but maybe the players should've thought of that before getting spanked by fecking Leicester and Watford. The players who are leaving are going to leave regardless of whether or not we get CL football.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If united called a game off without getting it cleared by the Governing body then I'd expect the same thing to happen, otherwise people would be calling off games left right and centre!

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Thing is, as weird of an opinion as it is to hold, I don't think I'd mind missing out on top 4. In my view, the performances some of our lads were turning in before Solskjaer got sacked do not warrant a place in the CL, a lot of them simply don't deserve to be playing at that level and neither do we as a team based off our form this season. We only really got out of the group because we have the best Champions League player ever. As a fan we lose out on playing against the best teams, but maybe the players should've thought of that before getting spanked by fecking Leicester and Watford. The players who are leaving are going to leave regardless of whether or not we get CL football.
I get that, & I'm a similar opinion for us regarding a top 4 finish this season. It's obviously of huge financial benefit, but I don't think the team / squad we have is really a Champions League team, it's young & inexperienced in the main, & I think a season of Europa League football might be beneficial to giving more young guys games like Saliba, Balogun even starting to introduce young Patino to help make the squad stronger as a whole over the next 3 or 4 years.

However, I'm also aware that the more you are out the top 4, the more difficult it is to get back in generally. Plus, if you are up against world class managers such as Pep, Klopp, Tuchel & Conte, if you give them momentum & the means to build a squad in their eyes, then invariably they become very difficult to reel in.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well if you had to rely on last match to qualify from a conference league, then that says more about you than anything else.

Same thing for us too - if we had to rely until last match to qualify from that group, we fecking don't deserve it.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Third best manager in the league.

Serial winner, gets the best out of players and was an ideal fit for us before RR.

Will have Spurs top 4 this season at our expense.

bond19821982

Precisely this. For first time after Fergie, we have a clear direction . We have a person who knows what he is doing (not saying this because of his coaching credentials but because of his role as a consultant). Sometimes, it's always better to take a step back before moving forward.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Precisely this. For first time after Fergie, we have a clear direction . We have a person who knows what he is doing (not saying this because of his coaching credentials but because of his role as a consultant). Sometimes, it's always better to take a step back before moving forward.
Like I said, it's not just about how it impacts you, it's also how getting top 4 can act as a catalyst for Spurs under Conte.

Will you feel the same way if you are like Arsenal and take not just a step back but it also being for a couple of years? If you are, then that's all well and good.

Ixion

Well if you had to rely on last match to qualify from a conference league, then that says more about you than anything else.

Same thing for us too - if we had to rely until last match to qualify from that group, we fecking don't deserve it.
Most qualifiying positions come down to the last week in a group stage because there's few games.

MUFC OK

He got his tactics 100% right against Liverpool. If not because all his strikers were determined to the win miss of the season award Spurs would have won the game comfortably.

He shut down Salah and limited Liverpool's attack really well.
Annoying they didn’t punish the scousers, if that were us we’d have conceded 4.

That being said, Spurs are legitimate challengers for top 4 so a draw is probably the best result for us.

I actually hope Conte can help Dele Alli rediscover some form, by all accounts he seems a bit of a kn*b but there’s definitely a player in there.

bond19821982

Like I said, it's not just about how it impacts you, it's also how getting top 4 can act as a catalyst for Spurs under Conte.

Will you feel the same way if you are like Arsenal and take not just a step back but it also being for a couple of years? If you are, then that's all well and good.
Well, nothing is certain though. Only Pep and Klopp is guaranteed to get that top 4. I certainly think the other 2 spots are up for grabs and that will be the case until they leave. Yes, it would be a much-needed boost for Spurs but it's not end of the world

SAFMUTD

UEFA announced have Spurs have been knocked out the Conference League. Doubt Conte will be sad about that. His team was impressive yesterday. Shame they couldn't finish.
Lucky bastards, that gives them the perfect excuse to go out that shit cup without losing a lot of face. It will definitely help their calendar.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Conte with a full week to work preparing games:

11/12 juventus, won the league
16/17 chelsea won the league
2021 inter, won the league

Conte getting a full week to work should terrify the top 4 rivals honestly