Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Conte with a full week to work preparing games:

11/12 juventus, won the league
16/17 chelsea won the league
2021 inter, won the league

Conte getting a full week to work should terrify the top 4 rivals honestly
There are only 10 such weeks left on the schedule for Spurs (a week between two PL games with nothing in between), three of them are already going to have missed fixtures scheduled into them, and they could lose a few more of those with either more Covid postponements, going to the League Cup final, or advancing past the fourth round of the FA Cup. He will probably have a full week between two PL matches maybe 4-5 times.

I'm sure he is happy to get knocked out of the ECL but its really going from a completely unmanageable situation in terms of spring fixtures to one that is significantly better but still nothing really like having a full week consistently between matches over the course of a year or half year.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There are only 10 such weeks left on the schedule for Spurs (a week between two PL games with nothing in between), three of them are already going to have missed fixtures scheduled into them, and they could lose a few more of those with either more Covid postponements, going to the League Cup final, or advancing past the fourth round of the FA Cup. He will probably have a full week between two PL matches maybe 4-5 times.

I'm sure he is happy to get knocked out of the ECL but its really going from a completely unmanageable situation in terms of spring fixtures to one that is significantly better but still nothing really like having a full week consistently between matches over the course of a year or half year.
Yeah, there will be few more postponed games, so teams will be very lucky if they get couple of weeks with only 1 game. They play lower league team in FA cup, so good chance they will qualify for next round. If they win league cup game then it's a double-legged Semi finals.

Anyways, they can count themselves very lucky if they get 1 game a week.

Wilt

Prem …14 points from 6 games. Spurs now looking a different team.

Seriously annoyed we didn’t go for him :(

el3mel

If they give him some good signings in summer to revamp the squad, he'll be up there with next season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If you ever need a blueprint on what a difference quality coaching makes, the difference in the same Spurs players between Nuno and Conte should be used everytime.

January window coming up so hopefully Levy pisses him off.

Teja

If you ever need a blueprint on what a difference quality coaching makes, the difference in the same Spurs players between Nuno and Conte should be used everytime.

Yeah this is actually as close as it gets to a controlled experiment in football. They're almost the same both in terms of the formation itself and the selection of players within that formation and yet they look completely different.

There are some some obvious role changes (e.g., Kane playing further forward and Son a little bit deeper) but they look a lot more competent in general playing it out the back, getting into attacking situations, high pressing when they're a goal down etc.

mu4c_20le

Who could've predicted that a multiple title winning manager would fare better than a Championship one.

slored1

He only had home games so far but if they pick up 6 points in the next two games I strongly believe they will finish top 4. Sensational work with the likes of Skipp, Moura, Sanchez though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Who could've predicted that a multiple title winning manager would fare better than a Championship one.
Ha, yep. Im genuinely of the opinion if we got him in and gave him the budget/players he wanted - we’d win the league next season. We’d probably have Lingard wingback and Ronaldo upfront beside Giaccherini, but he’d have done it.

Guy Incognito

Spurs have done this before, upgraded Ramos for Redknapp. ;) 2 points from 8 games, etc, etc...

Like Chelsea in his first season, his methods benefit not going deep in many competitions.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If they give him some good signings in summer to revamp the squad, he'll be up there with next season.
Up there as in "staying in the top 4" or higher ? I can't see any signing making them superior to Liverpool, City, Chelsea or even United.
They are going to need quality midfielders and maybe a GK if Lloris wants a change. Wether it's CL or EL, Levy really has to give Conte the keys and give him what he needs. I don't see anyone coming in and doing better than Conte if this season ends up badly.

el3mel

Up there as in "staying in the top 4" or higher ? I can't see any signing making them superior to Liverpool, City, Chelsea or even United.
They are going to need quality midfielders and maybe a GK if Lloris wants a change. Wether it's CL or EL, Levy really has to give Conte the keys and give him what he needs. I don't see anyone coming in and doing better than Conte if this season ends up badly.
They're not really that far away from Chelsea and they played 3 less games. I can them hovering around 3rd next season with proper investment.

ti vu

Hopefully Sours bottling curse would hinder him toward the end. Now without ECL, Conte can focus his team in the league, which is not a nice thing for us to fight for those CL qualification.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Lads they beat a 10 man palace at home, don't get ahead of yourselves.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I knew Conte would do a good job for anyone who hired him.
But I have no regrets about us getting Ralf.
He is not just a good manager.
He is setting the groundwork for the future.

We will have finally turned the page on Fergie.

If it is ten Hag or someone else, we will be playing football the way the best teams in Europe play.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I knew Conte would do a good job for anyone who hired him.
But I have no regrets about us getting Ralf.
He is not just a good manager.
He is setting the groundwork for the future.

We will have finally turned the page on Fergie.

If it is ten Hag or someone else, we will be playing football the way the best teams in Europe play.
That is a bit early for the assessment. Anyway Conte is an excellent manager that he will do well in man utd and arsenal for sure. Spurs strike gold to have him as manager.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm so bloody scared about Conte.

I'm not really crying about him being our manager - but it's more that I don't see us being able to get top 4 over him this season, never mind what he achieves with spurs next season.

Whilst I know its extremely extremely unlikely - I do have a bit of fear that Tottenham are 2 transfer windows away from maybe even doing the impossible.

Conte is a winner and the only way I see him not doing that with Tottenham is - maybe Tottenham being Tottenham and not being able to get/attract the right player Conte has on his mind.

Real Name

I'm not really crying about him being our manager - but it's more that I don't see us being able to get top 4 over him this season, never mind what he achieves with spurs next season.

Whilst I know its extremely extremely unlikely - I do have a bit of fear that Tottenham are 2 transfer windows away from maybe even doing the impossible.

Conte is a winner and the only way I see him not doing that with Tottenham is - maybe Tottenham being Tottenham and not being able to get/attract the right player Conte has on his mind.
With proper funds I can see Spurs winning the league next season. And this season we probably wont get top 4 all thanks to not going for Conte and him now being at Spurs. Frustrating.

Bebestation

With proper funds I can see Spurs winning the league next season. And this season we probably wont get top 4 all thanks to not going for Conte and him now being at Spurs. Frustrating.
Over the last couple of days - I've been wondering if our best chance of getting to top 4 is more likely to happen if Tuchel starts dropping points (due to their 'wavy' recent form). I know thats not going to happen but that it's how much I'm assuming Conte can help Spurs to go on a run.

It's just crazy anyway - Man City have Pep, Liverpool have Klopp, Chelsea have Tuchel, Spurs have Conte - who exactly are we going to get that can compete with those 4 next season?

The PL is on a whole different level right now in terms of management.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

This is a massive overreaction to a few good results against decimated Leeds, Norwich, Brentford and 10-man Palace, all at home. Their squad is still nowhere near title quality and there’s no chance they will have enough resources to get it to a level where they can compete with City, Chelsea or Liverpool.

Thiagoal

Wow. The Conte love in is massive on here. Personally, I don’t like him as a man, don’t like his style of football and am glad we didn’t hire him. Kinda suits Tottenham though!

I don’t think he’s better than Pep or Klopp and maybe on a par with Tuchel so all will depend on how much money he is given in the market comparatively! Knowing Levy’s track record a major bust up will not be far off.

minoo-utd

It just feels like because we didn't do the right thing back then on the international break and brought him, it will hunt us some how in the top four battle.

Real Name

Over the last couple of days - I've been wondering if our best chance of getting to top 4 is more likely to happen if Tuchel starts dropping points (due to their 'wavy' recent form). I know thats not going to happen but that it's how much I'm assuming Conte can help Spurs to go on a run.

It's just crazy anyway - Man City have Pep, Liverpool have Klopp, Chelsea have Tuchel, Spurs have Conte - who exactly are we going to get that can compete with those 4 next season?

The PL is on a whole different level right now in terms of management.
It's really a bad situation right now, really really bad.

Wilt

Getting kicked out of the Conference League will prove to be a blessing.

Bebestation

This is a massive overreaction to a few good results against decimated Leeds, Norwich, Brentford and 10-man Palace, all at home. Their squad is still nowhere near title quality and there’s no chance they will have enough resources to get it to a level where they can compete with City, Chelsea or Liverpool.
For me It's more to do with appreciating Rangnick for what i think he is - a very good coach that is arguably more famous for teaching some of the best next generation managers rather than exactly being famous for helping his team achieve or win things.

I'm happy he is here because it looks like we have some sort of plan over the next 3 year's where he helps us guide our club -

But that doesn't change the fact that we are up against Pep, Klopp, Tuchel and now Conte does it? That's 4 great managers exactly for 4 top spots.

Should we be happy if we fail to get top 4 this season just because we have a more building block type of manager?

What happens if we don't get in to top 4 this season over these top 4 managers? Is our new replacement manager going to be able to attract the right players here?

Maybe I am overreacting- but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be worried.

nainaisson

Conte's wig has hypnotized you somehow. Try not to stare directly at it.

Bebestation

You are a bit.
Yeah I thought I might be. It's more the little things like Spurs drawing with Liverpool that made me feel uncomfortable first followed by just these solid easy wins against the smaller clubs. How they have mote matches postponed than anyone else. Then I see how he has started to get Kane in to some bit of form. How some commentators are saying that Dier is looking a better player in a back 3. Son seems to be scoring regularly and Lucas has started to do well.

If Pochettino was able to beat us to top 4 then I'm not sure why exactly Conte couldn't.

Anyway, Let's just see how it pans out. Even though I opened up to the idea; I'm not a fan that was crying out for Conte as our manager (because I dislike his Lukaku, Ashley Young type of player) - but that doesn't mean I don't think he is good manager, especially for other clubs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
For me It's more to do with appreciating Rangnick for what i think he is - a very good coach that is arguably more famous for teaching some of the best next generation managers rather than exactly being famous for helping his team achieve or win things.

I'm happy he is here because it looks like we have some sort of plan over the next 3 year's where he helps us guide our club -

But that doesn't change the fact that we are up against Pep, Klopp, Tuchel and now Conte does it? That's 4 great managers exactly for 4 top spots.

Should we be happy if we fail to get top 4 this season just because we have a more building block type of manager?

What happens if we don't get in to top 4 this season over these top 4 managers? Is our new replacement manager going to be able to attract the right players here?

Maybe I am overreacting- but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be worried.
I’m not really talking about top 4 there, Spurs are certainly within a chance to get there this or next season. It’s the overreaction of suddenly seeing them as title contenders when they were barely top 6 quality weeks ago, purely based on 4-5 decent results against teams of below average quality at home.

I don’t think there’s a realistic chance of United competing for the title in the next 5 years (probably more than that) and I think it is the same for Spurs. We are both top 4 contenders but well behind City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm hugely impressed with the work Conte has done so far, he is doing an incredible job.

He is clearly a brilliant coach and the work he is doing on the training pitch is remarkable because the transformation of the way we play and the individuals that have improved considerably is crazy.

We look very solid at the back now with the likes of Dier and Davies in particular looking great (who knew?!).

We still need a lot of investment, we probably need another top centre back and a bit more creativity in midfield with another striker. However I think that if he continues to improve the team at this level he will probably be our best coach in decades and I say this as a Poch lover.