Conte | Spurs Manager

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
He is already being unhappy with Tottenham. :D

Conte: "I've made evaluations about the squad. I have spoken with the club and I hope the club will listen to me," he said.

It's January 22, and they are being linked with Adama "zero end product" Traore. Did any of you think Conte will be happy with 4th tier players Tottenham are going to bring him ?

While this will be plain stupid, we should go all IN for him in the summer.
Conte wants Traore.

the_cliff

Conte: "I've made evaluations about the squad. I have spoken with the club and I hope the club will listen to me," he said.

It's January 22, and they are being linked with Adama "zero end product" Traore. Did any of you think Conte will be happy with 4th tier players Tottenham are going to bring him ?

Yeah Traore has Conte player written all over him. Traore is like a RWB Conte wet dream.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If this goes the way it looks to be going, Conte will leave before the beginning of next season.

I wonder then if Spurs fans will turn on Levy. Conte could do something with Spurs if his demands are met but Levy is frugal.

OleksUsykUD

Conte wants Traore.
How did you know that? Traore is your target for even before Conte comes to you, isn't him ?

He may want player on that position, but i very much doubt that Traore is going to be Conte choice.

Conte always want a clinical players, and Traore has zero end product. No matter of the position he play or that Conte would try to use him as RWB.

Alonso for example was very clinical, and has good crossing and passing, and also very clinical in front of goals, unlike Traore who is terrible in all of this departments.

Traore is 3-4 tier player, that's what i see, sorry. But maybe Conte will turn him into tier 2 player maybe.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

He doesn't fit in United. Whatever that means....

TheReligion

Abusive
Can’t say this has impressed me much today. Lost 3/3 v Chelsea in the past two weeks and it’s all looked pretty toothless.

mu4c_20le

Would love it if he signs a bunch of wasters and then fecks off less then a year later.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea have a vastly superior squad to us
Oh sure but you’ve just got nowhere near them? Expected not given your recent form and what’s been said about Conte.

Looked pretty devoid of anything which is odd given how pragmatic Conte can be.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Oh sure but you’ve just got nowhere near them? Expected not given your recent form and what’s been said about Conte.

Looked pretty devoid of anything which is odd given how pragmatic Conte can be.
Chelsea just always beat us, I think there is a mental thing there too but generally they are just much stronger than us.

Guy Incognito

I think he'd rather finish fifth with these players than fourth, having squeezed every last drop of the players at his disposal.

That squad needs a refresh.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea just always beat us, I think there is a mental thing there too but generally they are just much stronger than us.
Tbh don’t think that’s an excuse for those three performances. Again it’s surprising to me as its looked like you’d turned a corner but yeah just really poor.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
We've already been down that road, had Mourinho, set up defensively in every game trying to nick it on the counter. Don't understand why people wanted him.

If he is our manager, we would probably bid 80 million for Lukaku next summer just to complete the whole absurdity of the move.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Tbh don’t think that’s an excuse for those three performances. Again it’s surprising to me as its looked like you’d turned a corner but yeah just really poor.
Not arguing we haven't been poor in those games because we have but when you have an obviously not good enough academy kid gifting them three goals in two if those games you are in big trouble. Tanganga wouldn't get in any other premier League team but that unfortunately is where we are right now. Half the squad is lower premier League/championship standard and I genuinely mean that

TheReligion

Abusive
Not arguing we haven't been poor in those games because we have but when you have an obviously not good enough academy kid gifting them three goals in two if those games you are in big trouble. Tanganga wouldn't get in any other premier League team but that unfortunately is where we are right now. Half the squad is lower premier League/championship standard and I genuinely mean that
I do understand that the squad needs work and I don’t think I’d be as critical if you’d played well in other areas but still been beaten as you could say the signs are there.

I just think as a neutral looking in I couldn’t see anything of what is being implemented if I’m honest and don’t think Chelsea had to get out of 2nd gear.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I do understand that the squad needs work and I don’t think I’d be as critical if you’d played well in other areas but still been beaten as you could say the signs are there.

I just think as a neutral looking in I couldn’t see anything of what is being implemented if I’m honest and don’t think Chelsea had to get out of 2nd gear.
Yeah it's not great and probably the three easiest games they have had all season. Still think Conte is doing great considering the standard of the players he has.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah it's not great and probably the three easiest games they have had all season. Still think Conte is doing great considering the standard of the players he has.
I guess the question is has Comte got the desire for a long term rebuild? Surely it goes beyond next season when his contract expires

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I guess the question is has Comte got the desire for a long term rebuild? Surely it goes beyond next season when his contract expires
Well only time will tell. There is no way he came into this job thinking we were great though. He knew what he was getting into. The only unknown is whether he will get sufficiently backed

TheReligion

Abusive
Well only time will tell. There is no way he came into this job thinking we were great though. He knew what he was getting into. The only unknown is whether he will get sufficiently backed
The 18 month contract still confuses me in that sense. Did Conte not want more or Spurs? Surely it was obvious the job was bigger as you point out so I think to question Contes commitment is valid as something doesn’t add up.

Satsuma United

We dudged a bullet here.

Conte is another Mourinho, stuck in the past. Modern elite managers always outplay these dinosaurs.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am not trying to be rude, but i think in two years time he has left spurs in a bad place.

Spurs should have went for a more attack minded coach like Hassenhuttle or even potter.

I was looking at the stats on flashscore at times today and at one stage spurs only had 23% possession.

But if he wins something, then it is justified.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hope people stop using Conte one way or the other. He's doing OK at Spurs, not great but not terrible and the race for 4th isn't over yet. He'll to improve Spurs' away record which I don't think has been too great since he came in.

If Spurs can bring in some players I think it'll motivate Conte otherwise they'll need to impress him in the summer if he's to stay.

PoTMS

When people say you can't polish a turd, this is where it applies. The Spurs team is full of shite.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The 18 month contract still confuses me in that sense. Did Conte not want more or Spurs? Surely it was obvious the job was bigger as you point out so I think to question Contes commitment is valid as something doesn’t add up.
No idea but it is what it is. I'm just very grateful we have him and I just hope he gets properly backed or he will likely walk

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I am not trying to be rude, but i think in two years time he has left spurs in a bad place.

Spurs should have went for a more attack minded coach like Hassenhuttle or even potter.

I was looking at the stats on flashscore at times today and at one stage spurs only had 23% possession.

But if he wins something, then it is justified.
Could we be in a worse place than we are now in terms of squad quality? I doubt it. Simple fact is we don't have the players

crossy1686

career ending
Where’s the “we missed out on Conte” crowd? I know he’s trying to polish a turd but some need to realise a manager isn’t the be all and end all of a clubs issues.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could we be in a worse place than we are now in terms of squad quality? I doubt it. Simple fact is we don't have the players
What he is going to start doing is buying these questionable players that fit his counter attacking philosophy. The way mourinho wanted perisic when he was managing us.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
They play similar systems sure but the similarities end there imo
I recall two years ago warning you about Mourinho and you were in denial.

My honest unbiased opinion is that Spurs are heading for the same under Conte. If you had gotten potter or Hassenhuttle, then i would say things look good for you.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I recall two years ago warning you about Mourinho and you were in denial.

My honest unbiased opinion is that Spurs are heading for the same under Conte. If you had gotten potter or Hassenhuttle, then i would say things look good for you.
Ok well I disagree and as I've said before Conte is not Mourinho