Conte | Spurs Manager

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Would you flip Spurs' squad with Southampton's?

Where would you rank Spurs squad in the EPL?
Spurs have some total rubbish in the squad, never rated Sanchez, think he is a clown of a defender, like Luiz, but at least Luiz was excellent on the ball. He is still that 'rough diamond' they got however many years ago now with virtually no progression.

Winks, squad player at best, good to make up the home grown numbers and play the odd League Cup, FA Cup, and Europa Conference game. Should be no-where near starting for the first team of any squad looking for top 4. Like Sanchez, hit a ceiling and never improved.

Don't know anything about Royal, but from what I have seen he is poor, doesnt really have the pace/strength to go past players offensively and defensively slack. I guess first season, new league, new club, new culture and he is only 23, could be serviceable in a few years. Maybe?

Doherty, why did they even purchase this guy? And why is he still at Spurs after the xfer window?

Rodon, legitimately never seen him play, so another bizarre Spurs purchase.

Southampton have some good players, Id take JWP over Winks any day of the week, that is absolutely no contest for me, funnily enough I think Walker Peters is better than anything Spurs have at RB. Romeu and Hojbjerg you could go either way as they are both pretty similar, serviceable workmanlike DM's. Spurs have it in the attack over Southampton however, Son, Kane, Moura are good enough to punish any team.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Sorry, I'll just reuse a retort that's been posted to you previously as I think it sums it up perfectly:
'I never said anything else, was just trying to follow the logic of your posts. Or lack thereof.'
When you know you can’t put up any reasonable argument, this is the kind of post you make. Glad, I got a reasonable response in the original thread.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
When you know you can’t put up any reasonable argument, this is the kind of post you make. Glad, I got a reasonable response in the original thread.
Pot kettle black etc :lol:

The day I read a reasonably balanced, concise and factually correct post from your good self, will be the day Fred scores a hat trick :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Huge game tomorrow - feels like a must win if we continue to have any hope of getting into the top 4. For the record I don't think we will make top 4 this year because the squad simply isn't good enough.

Amadaeus

Pot kettle black etc :lol:

The day I read a reasonably balanced, concise and factually correct post from your good self, will be the day Fred scores a hat trick :lol:
On this topic, I already have and had another poster validate that. While, your post adds nothing to the thread. A brief check on your post history, shows you were a Ole inner and a huge poch hater. I couldn't remember who you were. Regardless, Not surprising that you are obsessed with my post and a topic you weren't invited to.

Champ

On this topic, I already have and had another poster validate that. While, your post adds nothing to the thread. A brief check on your post history, shows you were a Ole inner and a huge poch hater. I couldn't remember who you were. Regardless, Not surprising that you are obsessed with my post and a topic you weren't invited to.
:lol: :lol:
I support our manager no matter whom they may be.

And I am not infatuated with a manager with no major trophies to their name.
I do not religiously try and spin poor performances into some great victory for our manager.

I take your posts as they are meant to be taken, a laugh and rather lackluster attempt at trolling, as nothing you really type actually means much at all nor has any major substance.

The fact that I have validated something shows I have displayed more facts than any of your posts put together:lol:

alexthelion

So we're not allowed to post in this thread unless you invite us to? :lol::lol::lol:

Amadaeus

:lol: :lol:
I support our manager no matter whom they may be.

And I am not infatuated with a manager with no major trophies to their name.
I do not religiously try and spin poor performances into some great victory for our manager.

I take your posts as they are meant to be taken, a laugh and rather lackluster attempt at trolling, as nothing you really type actually means much at all nor has any major substance.

The fact that I have validated something shows I have displayed more facts than any of your posts put together:lol:
Your post history tells a different story. You couldn't even argue towards the point of topic, which I already got support of in the original thread.

Champ

Your post history tells a different story. You couldn't even argue towards the point of topic, which I already got support of in the original thread.
Ah yes, the last bastion of a desperate man...I once got support :lol:

Thank Eric Cantona not everyone is looking for some form of justification in their misguided views on here, or we'll have posts like yours all the time :lol:

Amadaeus

Ah yes, the last bastion of a desperate man...I once got support :lol:

Thank Eric Cantona not everyone is looking for some form of justification in their misguided views on here, or we'll have posts like yours all the time :lol:
Ok, you can block me if you think my views are misguided. I rather not have someone who could not see the flaws in ole respond to my messages because it will be a waste of time debating with that individual when they missed something so simple like that.

Champ

Ok, you can block me if you think my views are misguided. I rather not have someone who could not see the flaws in ole respond to my messages because it will be a waste of time debating with that individual when they missed something so simple like that.
:lol:
Can you see the flaws in Poch? Genuine question.

darko

Conte is person that shows little joy. It looks like he's always miserable. I can't imagine working for a person like that.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Hasn't Conte always been a coach who needs to spend a lot for success? Bad fit for Spurs.

Potter suits Spurs way more.

Spurs have been lucky under Conte so far.

:lol:
Can you see the flaws in Poch? Genuine question.
Poch is too good to be true!! Poch is like the love child of Fergie and Pep but with better looks.

Conte is person that shows little joy. It looks like he's always miserable. I can't imagine working for a person like that.
He's very high maintenance and a total cnut. Seems very short tempered and is a troublemaker.

He doesn't have Mourinho's charisma to pull that off. Not likeable whatsoever.

He has a shite squad at hand though. Terrible mentality throughout the squad. They have let so many managers down. Then there's Lord Levy to spoil every manager's broth.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Just shows how difficult it is to find a manager. Sometimes clubs and fans need to be patient and give a manager time and resources to turn things round. But gone are those days.

marktan

it's why you shouldn't go off of names alone, play-style and signings are two areas I didn't rate Conte at in Inter.

I don't know anything about ETH but for me the best available manager is Potter. A modern possession style that gives even City and Liverpool a strong game. That's what we should be aiming to build on.

Guy Incognito

Hasn't Conte always been a coach who needs to spend a lot for success? Bad fit for Spurs.

Potter suits Spurs way more.

Spurs have been lucky under Conte so far.
Perhaps, but there is no reason for Potter to join Spurs. He's seen what they've done to Poch, Mourinho and Nuno so little point joining them to rebuild under Levy.

Spurs just have a mess of a squad. I'd be surprised if Kane will want to stay this summer.

El Zoido

People think managers are miracle workers. Even Pep and Klopp had to build their squads.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Spurs just have a mess of a squad. I'd be surprised if Kane will want to stay this summer.
Difficulty there is he still has two years on his contract and in terms of scoring - especially in the league - he's been downhill before even this season started so unlikely to get the price that Spurs would want to let him go.

Got a bad feeling we'll end up being the team to overpay if we get Pochettino as manager while City look elsewhere.

mu4c_20le

They were outplayed. Wolves were just better drilled.

A team with Kane Son Lucas up front should not be losing 0-2 to Wolves.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I've been saying for months and months but our squad is mid table at best.
Yeah, not sure what people are expecting him to achieve with that squad. The run he went on before was unexpected, but reverting to the average a bit here.

I think if he gets his players in though, you'll be dangerous next season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Difficulty there is he still has two years on his contract and in terms of scoring - especially in the league - he's been downhill before even this season started so unlikely to get the price that Spurs would want to let him go.

Got a bad feeling we'll end up being the team to overpay if we get Pochettino as manager while City look elsewhere.
I think Kane has just downed tools. If he were to engineer a move to a big club he would look a lot more bothered and that would translate to goals - whichever club he lands up at.

Flexdegea

Manager been average mid table as well.

Not getting a tune of the players. Not even close too it. Personally think it's a bad appointment. Spurs to me suit a young up coming progressive high energy manager, Potter sort tbh.

Conte to me falls into that Jose sort of manager. They've done 3 defensive first managers in a row now

The Firestarter

I have the same feeling , we never ever seem to learn from mistakes. If it was Ed, I would be certain we'd do it.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Think Kane has a dilemma in that if he performs really well this season he'll just be priced out of a move in the summer so even if it's subconscious it's bound to have an effect. Levy should have just let him go for a fairly ridiculous price given his age and deserves to lose all that money for going back on a personal agreement which if reports are to be believed was a pretty cnuty way to behave.

BorisManUtd

Think your decline started in that 2018/19 season, particularly 2nd half of that season, even though you got to the Champions League final. It will take a lot of (smart) investment to build a proper team again.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not sure if United would have been better or worse for him.

Man for man we probably have better players than Spurs except Kane and Son but we also have the ability to underperform and undermine the manager.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
3 prem league losses on the spin for spurs and away at City next. worst ever run for Conte.
He really reminds me of Mourinho except a few years behind on the curve. Like Jose he plays pragmatic football which is fine if you are winning but if you arent its the worst of all worlds.
Also like Jose he needs the players buy in to want to run through a brick wall for him but just like Jose he has been calling the Spurs players out publically - just doesnt work anymore.