Who’s your pick between these two?

• Conte

Votes: 132 86.3%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 21 13.7%

• Total voters

Interval

Level
It seems like these two are the one's available if we were to make (a much needed) change. Poch seems like a stretch, Zidane isn't keeping himself open to us and Enrique is the best option but with Spain next yr. Ten Hag seems it may not happen.

So which of these two will you take?

Brendan Pros:
Will get more juice out of the team and have us play decent football including scoring tonnes
Won't rock the boat much especially if our longer term target is Enrique or Ten Hag
Oodles of entertainment - the dumbest smart man alive
Hopefully brings his own coaching staff

Brendan Cons:
Won't really win much
IF he has a decent run, our dumb as rocks Board might award him a 300 yr contract

Conte Pros:
Born winner and will stop at nothing for winning - at this point, it could really be worth destroying a bit of structure to get the winning mentality back
Will manage egos easily - no problem
Will tell the Board to feck off and will rock the boat even if for the feck of it

Conte Cons:
Can easily convert things into a circus if it doesn't happen his way
Can play negative as shit football if he doesn't have the requisite personnel
IF he has a decent run, our dumb as rocks Board might award him a 300 yr contract

I'd prefer Conte - hesitantly. With a plan to get a top-notch DoF by the end of the season. And no, I'd NOT rather keep Ole due to lack of better options. WE need the winning at all cost mentality back. THAT was the United way under SAF.

Can we have a poll please

Andersonson

If we get Brenton as a manager I would take a break from football. Imagine having had Giggs and Rodgers as our manager in the last 10 years. It hurts

Sviken

I'd genuinely take a break from football for some time if we go from Ole to Brendan. Break might extend until I see the Glazers out of this club.

LoneStar

It's no contest for me. We need to win soon with this squad, and Conte will give us that. The number of players in our squad who have won things is too low for my liking. They need to know what's it's like to win things. Otherwise we'll bottle more often than not imo.

Jev

Would prefer Rodgers from those two. Think he has a pretty impressive track record, builds teams well and makes them play attractive football. I'd be very concerned about Conte dismantling the positive progress we've made in terms of rebuilding the club culture.

Dante

Average bang
Being good defensive-wise OR good attacking-wise will get you to the cusp of winning things. Like Rodgers.

But being good defensive-wise AND good attacking-wise will get you over the line. Like Conte.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Brendan Pros : Is a Guiness World Record holder for the brightest teeth
Brendan Cons : Is Brendan Rodgers

Conte Pros : Ready to win
Conte Cons : Ready to fight

Jev

It was extremely obvious, and has been described time and time again by various sources, that the club became an extremely toxic place under Mourinho. We're not playing well but the next manager will inherit a much healthier side than Ole did.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
This is all based on newspaper bollocks - I'm sure Conte is on the shortlist since he's available

There is nothing but media noise to suggest Rodgers is an option though - I hope he isn't anyway, Scouse rejects are the last thing we need

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is conte really defensive? He’s not mourinho defensive is he… some of his games for inter against juventus he had a lot more chances and shots. Conte will get us well drilled and organised which will stop us conceding goals but if he his defensive the players will get bored of it and fans watching will also get bored. With Brendan Rodgers he gets his teams playing attractive football and he very versatile… he can play 3 at the back or 4 at the back which he’s shown at Leicester. The problem is though, is he good enough to compete with klopp and guardiola? Im not sure… you could say with the squad we have he’ll have a much better chance to compete for the league. The board really need To draw up a shortlist of managers and go through pros and cons. We need an Attacking manager who’s very good tactically and will bring his own staff which will automatically improve the way we perform on the pitch.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
“I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

No contest really

jamesjimmybyrondean

Our defensive structure is shit. Conte will organise it and we will challenge. Rodgers teams are not so good defensively.

Wilt

Serial winner Conte or Liverpool cast off ?

Poll?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Being good defensive-wise OR good attacking-wise will get you to the cusp of winning things. Like Rodgers.

But being good defensive-wise AND good attacking-wise will get you over the line. Like Conte.
Pretty much

Regalia

It was extremely obvious, and has been described time and time again by various sources, that the club became an extremely toxic place under Mourinho. We're not playing well but the next manager will inherit a much healthier side than Ole did.
Nothing can be more toxic than a club wallowing in the past, run on nepotism, with the 'old boys Club' infesting every level of club management. Shortcut to mediocrity as the club now cannot make decisions based on merit and performance but need to check to see if actions will upset one of our past-it has-beens. Ole has brought that into the club and we are way worse for it as evidenced by the inability to get rid of a manager clearly incompetent at his job.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can’t believe this is even a question. Conte easily.

Fergies Formula

brendan is an excllent manager. You only have to look at his record to see that. At liverpool he pushed us to the wire, celtic he won league, with leicester he has made them an established and very good top prem team on limited resources. He brings an identity of football wherever he goes, this is something us united fans want desperately and he could reinstate that. He also shows that he has longevity and doesnt implode after 2 seasons. I would love to have him here and i firmly believe he would bring us success with the quality of player at his disposal compared to that of his current and previous employers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we're going for someone whose untested then why don't we go for the likes of Ten Hag or Potter? I'd rather have an unproven manager who play great football and has ample potential to improve then a proven bottler like Rodgers, Ole and Moyes

Smores

Is this honestly a debate? Conte surely.

Rodgers is a decent enough manager but i don't think he's a top tier manager. That and his Liverpool connection put me right off.

If it happens I'll give him a chance of course but I'll be disappointed.

Wilt

Even accepting a few trolls ….a poll would show over 90% in favour of Conte.

slored1

Conte every day of the week. Rodgers is such a prick and an ex Pool manager that I couldn’t stand him here.

mu4c_20le

It’s not that I think Rodgers is a bad manager. But the idea of him at United would test my resolve.
The thought of him grinning in front of his office door will probably haunt me. He is Moyes 2.0, even if their philosophies aren't the same.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Pro: not Rogers

Con: Rogers.

I mean seriously, Rogers?? He's a decent manager but most definitely not what we need! I was thinking he'd be decent for arsenal! Then again, I suppose we're the new arsenal now :rolleyes:

Skip to my Lou

Brendan Pros : Is a Guiness World Record holder for the brightest teeth
Brendan Cons : Is Brendan Rodgers

Conte Pros : Ready to win
Conte Cons : Ready to fight
Uhm, Bobby Firmino has to be that record holder, by a wide margin.

And Conte over Rodgers, every day of the week.

Abhinav

As much as I dont think Conte is a good fit, if it’s a choice between the two, its Conte all the way. The new manager will be fighting against three top class teams and three world class managers. Brendan doesn’t make the cut while Conte will definitely give the squad the belief to go out and fight on the pitch.

Devil may care

Not a fan of either, Conte will bring yet more pragmatic, dull football, and he won't be this force for change as when he falls out with the board he'll simply go. Rodgers will finally bring progressive football to United but he's a cornball and lacks the winners instinct to capture a PL or CL imo.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Would prefer Rodgers from those two. Think he has a pretty impressive track record, builds teams well and makes them play attractive football ever. I'd be very concerned about Conte dismantling the positive progress we've made in terms of rebuilding the club culture.
Which big team did he build? At Liverpool he had Suarez having arguably the best individual Premier League season. He was sensational that year. At Leicester the recruitment team have built the side. They’re arguably the league’s best recruitment team. Brendan is good but he’s millions of miles behind Conte.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

With the current status we are in Conte might be the best and most realistic option. Not his biggest fan and chances are we will look back in 2 years time and realize we have not moved forward, but I do not see who else might take the job and be up for it.
No more nice guys, our squad needs someone showing them who the boss is and what discipline means.