Cop in America doing a bad job, again

arnie_ni

What am i missing with the hakim littleton incident? The video i seen he shot at cops and they returned fire.

Is there another video i havent seen?

GiddyUp

If We had a "Cops in America doing a good job" thread with "a detective succesfully solving a murder case" going viral, the picture might be a bit more nuanced but I've seen Dexter, so I doubt it ever happens.
We have lots of those programs and they are usually cold cases. I don't know if they are decent cops in these shows but it's those couple of cases that they can't and won't let go of. With a little help and fresh eyes they show new lines of inquiry leads to people of interest. They are so sad to watch and I'm always astounded by the lengths people go to for a bit of insurance cash.
But just look at the amount of rape kits that went and still go untested. It's things like these that highlight the bullshit and that's without going in to the legal system.This isn't just about violence, it's about destroying lives and not doing enough to bring justice or help victims heal.
Rotten to the core and it doesn't have to be. A majority do a fantastic job, an important job but it's not enough right now.They are the abusive spouse and the public are the abused. They could have all the resources possible with complete faith in them by the public. They don't, and to show they don't care they came out to bash skulls of people, 99% unarmed, during a time of international protest in solidarity of people if color, yet a few weeks before ignored a majority white public demanding haircuts and grass seed during a pandemic lockdown while brandishing high powered weaponry.
The police in America have pinned their flag to a mast that the world wants to tear down. Their recruitment should reflect that. They also need to man up and get over the fact that not everyone wants to kill them. Empathy and an understanding that if a person is dragged in to the legal system over something minor it tends not to be pretty and very fecking expensive. The public has a right to be pissed sometimes and not be spoken down to by cops. And credit where it's due, I do see a lot of higher rank officers showing the same frustration as us but then the union steps in to defend the indefensible and we are back to square one, making excuses that a grown man whose only authority is a badge bestowed to him by us the public, is ok to electrocute a pregnant woman in the stomach.
They are not a private entity or security company. They are employed by us and should act as such. If my local fire department refused to answer emergency calls in protest because my municipality had an issue with their hiring practices would we have a problem? I would say so. Should police who say they fear for their life get to execute or seriously assault unarmed people for minor crimes and misdemeanors that should be handled by a legal system? I say no fecking way. Do the job, protect and serve.

GiddyUp

Not missing anything. He did shoot point-blank at the officer’s head and thankfully missed.
It's crazy situations like this where you guys have full support. How much of a dirt bag do you have to be to do that while surrounded by police.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
https://www.newsweek.com/miami-cop-...hows-him-placing-his-knee-womans-neck-1513524

Video:
It's honestly a wonder there hasn't been a second revolution in the US, a real one this time. American police forces are so unbelievably fecked up.
Surprised that the cop hasn’t been strung up on a murder charge for the fetus miscarriage. Don’t recall what my home state’s stance is on that, but the hurdles would be massive if the woman needed to abort the baby due to her health.

Anustart89

Surprised that the cop hasn’t been strung up on a murder charge for the fetus miscarriage. Don’t recall what my home state’s stance is on that, but the hurdles would be massive if the woman needed to abort the baby due to her health.
Republicans are going to be very conflicted on this one. It'll all come down to whether the fetus was wearing a facemask or not.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
It's crazy situations like this where you guys have full support. How much of a dirt bag do you have to be to do that while surrounded by police.
Good to know I guess.
He was on probation for robbery and weapons charges, and had gang ties along with the other individuals arrested at the scene.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Okay, so we lump them all together and say all policemen in the US "are" pigs. What happens now? Who do you call when a crime happens or when there is a shooting?
Not reporting a crime is a crime which causes serious harm or death is a crime itself in some states. Which would make a lot of police officers criminals themselves.
In any case it is obvious by now that the bad apples cannot exist without the police having a corrupt culture, we know its not a few bad apples anyway, if you don't know this you have your head buried in the sand.

Unfortunately law enforcement needs a complete overhaul. Lets not even get into the shenanigans of the DA and prosecution offices not turning over evidence to the defence etc etc. The whole system, is corrupt to its core.

Its a bit silly because if you look into how the police system came into existence you would understand it wasn't to protect and serve.

Who do you call when there is a shooting? Well that there is the problem, it should be a police force you can trust and that right now is not the case.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The cops are wrong, but why are some people so difficult. Maybe they just have such a low opinion of the police they refuse to co operate.
Or they know their rights and feel like making a stand because that's the type of personality they have?

Anustart89

The cops are wrong, but why are some people so difficult. Maybe they just have such a low opinion of the police they refuse to co operate.
If a police officer walked up to you and arrested you for chewing gum on the street, while you're well aware that it's not illegal to chew gum on the street, would you just calmly go with the police officer and not say "hey, this is fecking wrong why are you taking me to jail?", or be "difficult" in some other way?

As is turns out, he was right to have a low opinion of the police seeing as they didn't properly know the laws that they were enforcing on him.

fergieisold

If a police officer walked up to you and arrested you for chewing gum on the street, while you're well aware that it's not illegal to chew gum on the street, would you just calmly go with the police officer and not say "hey, this is fecking wrong why are you taking me to jail?", or be "difficult" in some other way?

As is turns out, he was right to have a low opinion of the police seeing as they didn't properly know the laws that they were enforcing on him.
The police were wrong, but he was also immediately difficult when asked to provide any kind of information about what happened. Each to their own but I personally wouldn’t mind providing a bit of info about what had happened.

Anustart89

The police were wrong, but he was also immediately difficult when asked to provide any kind of information about what happened. Each to their own but I personally wouldn’t mind providing a bit of info about what had happened.
But he said no which he was within his rights to do. The entire situation was caused by the officer being offended and not knowing the law.

If the officer had known the law and not taken it as a personal affront he should’ve said “okay, that’s fair enough” none of that would’ve happened. The officer’s ignorance and ego is what caused it.

freeurmind

weak willed
Being difficult is not a crime and certainly not grounds to rip someone's shoulder. All the guy did was help an accident victim. The cop decided to assault him because he got his feelings hurt.

fergieisold

Being difficult is not a crime and certainly not grounds to rip someone's shoulder. All the guy did was help an accident victim. The cop decided to assault him because he got his feelings hurt.
I'm not saying the police weren't wrong. Just that it was surprising the guy was so difficult with them...if it were me I'd be like 'yeh, sure what you wanna know?'

Anustart89

I'm not saying the police weren't wrong. Just that it was surprising the guy was so difficult with them...if it were me I'd be like 'yeh, sure what you wanna know?'
He wasn't difficult. He declined to speak with them and that should've been that. His "difficultness" came from the police officer needlessly forcing him to reiterate his wish to not speak to him over and over and over because he couldn't take no for an answer.

You're a tough one to be around if the word "no" constitutes being difficult.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
But he said no which he was within his rights to do. The entire situation was caused by the officer being offended and not knowing the law.

If the officer had known the law and not taken it as a personal affront he should’ve said “okay, that’s fair enough” none of that would’ve happened. The officer’s ignorance and ego is what caused it.
This is what's wrong with both sides most of the times.
I'm taking in general here nothing specific to this issue.

Each side focuses on what's my right instead of what i should have done to better everyone.

At one side you have an annoying civilian mouthing off and playing i want my lawyer and not being cooperative. What's your name? I'm not telling you that without my lawyer. Can you tell me what happened? Not without my lawyer.

At the other side you got abusive cops who's looking for semantic reasons to shoot you. A wheelchair old people not moving fast enough? That's obstruction. A lady gets in touch within a whisker of my uniform, that's resisting arrest. A guy moving an inch, that's obstruction.

The cycle of distrust and hate has gone too far for any rational approach. They really need a full build up from scratch. The amount of new cases of bad cops doesnt help

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
These cops need to be better educated and trained. In the Loveland case he should have known the guy wasn’t required to talk to him and he should have left it at that. His ego and ignorance got the better of him. Pity he wasn’t disciplined though the union would probably back him anyway.

Anustart89

This is what's wrong with both sides most of the times.
I'm taking in general here nothing specific to this issue.

Each side focuses on what's my right instead of what i should have done to better everyone.

At one side you have an annoying civilian mouthing off and playing i want my lawyer and not being cooperative. What's your name? I'm not telling you that without my lawyer. Can you tell me what happened? Not without my lawyer.

At the other side you got abusive cops who's looking for semantic reasons to shoot you. A wheelchair old people not moving fast enough? That's obstruction. A lady gets in touch within a whisker of my uniform, that's resisting arrest. A guy moving an inch, that's obstruction.

The cycle of distrust and hate has gone too far for any rational approach. They really need a full build up from scratch. The amount of new cases of bad cops doesnt help
But if one side’s right (legally, as in this case), why should it drop down to the one who’s in the wrong’s level?
Should he have ignored his constitutional rights and went with being arrested just to appease an egomaniac? It doesn’t work that way. If someone abuses your rights I’m expecting you to protest.

Last edited:

NotThatSoph

What's your name?

fergieisold

But if one side’s right (legally, as in this case), why should it drop down to the one who’s in the wrong’s level?
Should he have ignored his constitutional rights and went with being arrested just to appease an egomaniac? It doesn’t work that way. If someone abuses your rights I’m expecting you to protest.
No doubt he was right in a legal sense but most decent person wouldn’t have batted an eyelid at chatting to the cops. He was being a pain. It wasn’t that bad but it reminded me a bit of those YouTube videos that chavs share when scrotes film themselves being stopped by police and then start spouting off about their rights.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No doubt he was right in a legal sense but most decent person wouldn’t have batted an eyelid at chatting to the cops. He was being a pain. It wasn’t that bad but it reminded me a bit of those YouTube videos that chavs share when scrotes film themselves being stopped by police and then start spouting off about their rights.
Jheeze..... So we're making judgement calls now.

NotThatSoph

I'm david. Anything I can do to help you officer?
Sorry, I meant your full name. Even if you're willing to give me that, I'm sure you see how a lot of people would be uncomfortable with it. And, for a lot of people including me, I'd much rather give my name to a stranger than to a cop who's asking for no good reason.

If you don't want to give me your name that's totally up to you. If I keep pestering you for it then any situation that happens is on me. It's not you being uncooperative, it's me harassing you.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Sorry, I meant your full name. Even if you're willing to give me that, I'm sure you see how a lot of people would be uncomfortable with it. And, for a lot of people including me, I'd much rather give my name to a stranger than to a cop who's asking for no good reason.

If you don't want to give me your name that's totally up to you. If I keep pestering you for it then any situation that happens is on me. It's not you being uncooperative, it's me harassing you.
That's exactly the point I'm trying to say.

It has come to an extremely unhealthy level of toxicity where you can't or won't even tell a cops your name without your lawyer. Especially if you're not doing any crime and probably just being asked for something in general.

I bet most people in other nations would simply let them know their name, and ask what / how they can assist.

PS: Most cops can get your name anyway, asking for ID is pretty basic.

fergieisold

I said most. Maybe he’s a decent person that just had a bad day.

I stand by my assumption that most decent people would not have a problem with police asking for information, but then again I live in the uk where police are on the whole absolutely fine.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

It has come to an extremely unhealthy level of toxicity where you can't or won't even tell a cops your name without your lawyer. Especially if you're not doing any crime and probably just being asked for something in general.

I bet most people in other nations would simply let them know their name, and ask what / how they can assist.

You keep saying “without a lawyer” but the guy in the video didn’t talk about a lawyer he just said he didn’t want to talk to the cop, end of story.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You keep saying “without a lawyer” but the guy in the video didn’t talk about a lawyer he just said he didn’t want to talk to the cop, end of story.
I'm saying in general, nothing specific about that video.

Just an observation that the whole situation is a short fuse for violence

PS: Is it legal to even not talking to a cop? As in not even answering a simple direct question?

NotThatSoph

The cops can ask me for an ID just like you can, and I can refuse them just like I can refuse you.

Is this toxicity you're talking about just with cop interactions, or in general? If you want people to give their information to anyone who asks then fair enough, but if you think people should comply with cops just because they're cops, even if they have no good reason to behave the way they do, then that's just bizarre to me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm saying in general, nothing specific about that video.

Just an observation that the whole situation is a short fuse for violence

PS: Is it legal to even not talking to a cop? As in not even answering a simple direct question?
The video breaks that down pretty well, in short the cop has absolutely zero right to push for info and the guy has no legal requirement to say anything at all.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Watching the video it struck me straight away that the cop seemed to be operating on the assumption that there was some kind of criminal incident and honed in on the biker dude straight away talking about him moving the bike and it being tampering with evidence.

The cop was a bellend and the guy he was questioning has most likely had previous experience with being harassed by the police hence not wanting any part of it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just another day in Piggyland!

Perhaps we should just start a UK thread.