Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

A friend of mine from high school lives just outside the downtown area there. Says it’s like something out of a movie.
Regardless of justifications for the events (if there are any..) Makes you wonder what all those militia are doing now - in a state that is known to have many-that some of the feds are literally going after the American people and ignoring state s rights. Two things I thought those folks have been training to protect etc.

Oh that's right - they won't stand up because it's all posturing and what they really want is a government that suppresses 1st amendment rights of those they disagree with. Note I am not saying the left doesn't have its own issues there, but this is literally the governments power being unleashed on American citizens. Should be a very easy thing for those freedom fighters and patriots to disagree with right?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Hah! Those 2a types are not interested in helping ‘lefties’.
They’ll protest about their (gun) rights, but only as it affects them. They’re hardly constitutional scholars, or defenders for that matter.

Carolina Red

Staff
Regardless of justifications for the events (if there are any..) Makes you wonder what all those militia are doing now - in a state that is known to have many-that some of the feds are literally going after the American people and ignoring state s rights. Two things I thought those folks have been training to protect etc.

Oh that's right - they won't stand up because it's all posturing and what they really want is a government that suppresses 1st amendment rights of those they disagree with. Note I am not saying the left doesn't have its own issues there, but this is literally the governments power being unleashed on American citizens. Should be a very easy thing for those freedom fighters and patriots to disagree with right?
Basically this...
Hah! Those 2a types are not interested in helping ‘lefties’.
They’ll protest about their (gun) rights, but only as it affects them. They’re hardly constitutional scholars, or defenders for that matter.
They’re watching OAN wanking themselves silly over it.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Baltimore Police sergeant arrested, accused of extortion and kidnapping contractor while on duty, county police say

Another illustration of how police overtime is out of control @choiboyx012
"Last year, Lloyd made a base salary of $101,000 but with overtime grossed more than $138,500, according to the city’s salary database. Larbi earned a base salary of $80,300 and $140,500 with overtime; Taylor made $135,000 with overtime on top of a salary of $91,800; and Diaz made $129,900 with overtime and a salary of $87,200. "

Last edited:

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Baltimore Police sergeant arrested, accused of extortion and kidnapping contractor while on duty, county police say

Another illustration of how police overtime is out of control @choiboyx012
"Last year, Lloyd made a base salary of $101,000 but with overtime grossed more than $138,500, according to the city’s salary database. Larbi earned a base salary of $80,300 and $140,500 with overtime; Taylor made $135,000 with overtime on top of a salary of $91,800; and Diaz made $129,900 with overtime and a salary of $87,200. "
Tbh those overtime amounts are pretty standard in law enforcement. I make about 15-20k in OT a year (no more due to COVID/budget cuts). Some might be voluntary details, some might be built-in OT depending on the position, court time, and some might be forced OT if there's staff shortage on the next shift. Or often times late arrests/reports. Look at transparentcalifornia.com and look up any police department, or any government job, and you'll find the base salaries and total overtime compensation. Pay attention to the Fire Dept, they pretty much double their salaries on OT alone. Personally I don't have a problem with it. I take more of an issue with top level commanders, assistant chiefs, and chiefs who bounce around from 1 department to the next, in essence double, and triple-dipping their pensions.

nimic

something nice
Scout
https://www.inquirer.com/news/richa...oXAj1jiNWx5iBMB2svewsbAbs6gYe3iNuMTkw4gQCF_tw

Philly SWAT officer seen pepper spraying kneeling protesters on I-676 turns himself in and will be charged

The decision was immediately criticized by Nicoletti’s attorney and the police officers’ union.

Fortunato Perri Jr., Nicoletti’s lawyer, said the 12-year veteran of the force and former Army Ranger was “being charged with crimes for simply following orders.”
Famously effective defence, "just following orders".

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I actually feel bad for the Cops on this one. Their automated plate reading system flagged the vehicle as stolen. It does seem extreme cuffing the entire family but their system needs to be able to distinguish between different states license plates.
It flagged a stolen motorcycle. You don't need training to know they have handled this badly.

Halftrack

I actually feel bad for the Cops on this one. Their automated plate reading system flagged the vehicle as stolen. It does seem extreme cuffing the entire family but their system needs to be able to distinguish between different states license plates.
The feck? They cuffed children and put them face down on the ground. Feck the cops.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
That little girl with the pink hat looks particularly dangerous.

I hope they get a shitload of cash from suing them.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The feck? They cuffed children and put them face down on the ground. Feck the cops.
They're trained like that, it's their standard Operating procedure. In the land where anyone can sue anyone you can't blame them if COPs becomes robots and lose any sort of common sense and rational thinking. It's as if they're gonna be in trouble God forbid they forgot to cuff the 12 years old. I remember reading about Airport securities detaining a 5 years old toddler who bears the same name as wanted terrorist.

The whole culture is rotten I'd say.

Santos J

LAPD respond to a call regarding a suicidal person by showing up, shooting his dog and then shooting eachother.

GiddyUp

No wonder the justice system is so corrupt when they have to rely on these fecking idiots to do the leg work.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Both sets of people. Idiot walks outside with gun drawn, bigger idiots can’t see he is complying with orders & murder him.
One is a random civilian, the other a trained professional, so I'm not sure about "both".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
One is a random civilian, the other a trained professional, so I'm not sure about "both".
You walk out your place with a weapon drawn, there’s always going to be scenarios like these. That’s massively unfortunate, but that’s the reality. It’s idiotic to put yourself in such a situation.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Why did they move away from the peephole when they knocked on the door? Anyway what a massive tragedy. I can agree that it's massively stupid to open the door with a gun behind your back, but he also probably wanted to make sure who was knocking at the middle of the night.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You walk out your place with a weapon drawn, there’s always going to be scenarios like these. That’s massively unfortunate, but that’s the reality. It’s idiotic to put yourself in such a situation.
That may be true, but police must expect some people behaving like idiots without killing them. I can excuse a random joe being an idiot and making mistakes. I can't excuse the police behaving like idiots and killing a fellow crash bandiccot fan.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That may be true, but police must expect some people behaving like idiots without killing them. I can excuse a random joe being an idiot and making mistakes. I can't excuse the police behaving like idiots and killing a fellow crash bandiccot fan.
I don’t disagree, but the idiocy exists on both sides of the equation.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Imagine following the law and getting shot dead anyway just because, and then you're called an idiot? feck me.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Imagine following the law and getting shot dead anyway just because, and then you're called an idiot? feck me.
Come on. It’s just not that simple. There are consequences from decisions that are made, there really not many good ones that can materialize when rushing out of one’s place with a gun drawn, cops or no cops outside. The cat was murdered, no doubt, but he didn’t have to be.