g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cop in America doing a bad job, again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So initially the claim was that a man was breaking up a fight between 2 women (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

The actual call was by a woman calling the police on Jacob Blake (she obviously knew him), stating that he isn't supposed to be there and has taken the complainants keys and is refusing to give them back. They also acknowledge that he has an outstanding warrant.

Still didn't deserve to get shot 7 times however I try not to react as soon as these things happen because the media do not care for the actual story and seek to release incomplete/false info to spark a reaction.
Thanks for that. I looked online but could not get a concise recount of what the 911 call stated. Nope, he did not deserve seven rounds in the back.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Not so much celebrating, just don’t give a feck that he got injured. I feel that there’s an element of karma to it as well.
Do you have faintest idea whether this particuliar individual did anything for that action to be justified? Or is just being one of 800.000 policemen in the US enough to warrant that?

mu4c_20le

If anyone tried to get near that cop they'd get blasted. "Ret Reaper" needs to get real.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Do you have faintest idea whether this particuliar individual did anything for that action to be justified? Or is just being one of 800.000 policemen in the US enough to warrant that?
I looked for a back story or some context, but could not find any as of when I posted it. Taking into account the actions by many police officers, just being one doesn’t cover one in glory. I think it’s been established that it’s far more than just bad apples out there, so there’s always going to be guilt by association if you’re a police officer.

lewwoo

I looked for a back story or some context, but could not find any as of when I posted it. Taking into account the actions by many police officers, just being one doesn’t cover one in glory. I think it’s been established that it’s far more than just bad apples out there, so there’s always going to be guilt by association if you’re a police officer.
So being a Police Officer means you are fair game for being assaulted? Wow.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So being a Police Officer means you are fair game for being assaulted? Wow.
I’m not stating outright that they are fair game to be assaulted, I’m just stating that I don’t give a much of a shit if they are.

The whole system is corrupt, I don’t think that can be argued. The system is corrupt due to the actions of the members, even if they are in the minority. That kind of stain washes over the entire system. To think otherwise is laughably foolish. That’s why I can’t give too much of a feck if shit like this happens.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
We have to wait for all the facts to come out to see if he deserved it. Maybe he was wearing a hoodie like Trayvon Martin. Maybe he had previously stolen a box of cigars like Michael Brown. Maybe he had previously stolen someone's identity like Charley Keunang. Maybe he had a "turbulent life" like Laquon McDonald. Rest assured we will soon find out thanks to the reporting of Fox News, the New York Post, the LA Times and CNN.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We have to wait for all the facts to come out to see if he deserved it. Maybe he was wearing a hoodie like Trayvon Martin. Maybe he had previously stolen a box of cigars like Michael Brown. Maybe he had previously stolen someone's identity like Charley Keunang. Maybe he had a "turbulent life" like Laquon McDonald. Rest assured we will soon find out thanks to the reporting of Fox News, the New York Post, the LA Times and CNN.
He was probably on fentanyl as well. He also could have been jogging before the clip.

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Reap, sow...

No cop came to the dog’s aid either. The replies are amazing.
I'm sorry but the sound that makes when it hits him is like a cartoon and I burst out laughing. It just needs some cartoon birds flying around his head to be complete.

Reminds me of the girl getting hit by another girl with a shovel video from a few years back. You shouldn't laugh but the sound sets you off.

lewwoo

I’m not stating outright that they are fair game to be assaulted, I’m just stating that I don’t give a much of a shit if they are.

The whole system is corrupt, I don’t think that can be argued. The system is corrupt due to the actions of the members, even if they are in the minority. That kind of stain washes over the entire system. To think otherwise is laughably foolish. That’s why I can’t give too much of a feck if shit like this happens.
So the actions of a minority means that you dont give a feck if decent people are assaulted? How exactly is it 'laughably foolish' to think that a decent Officer does not deserve to be assaulted because a few are corrupt? How is it anybody at that low level in the systems fault that some fellow Officers are not fit for the job? Also if you believe this disband the Police narrative what would you have in its place? Just everybody do what they want with no consequence?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
So initially the claim was that a man was breaking up a fight between 2 women (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

The actual call was by a woman calling the police on Jacob Blake (she obviously knew him), stating that he isn't supposed to be there and has taken the complainants keys and is refusing to give them back. They also acknowledge that he has an outstanding warrant.

Still didn't deserve to get shot 7 times however I try not to react as soon as these things happen because the media do not care for the actual story and seek to release incomplete/false info to spark a reaction.
Yea I’ve read that too. Still more questions to be answered

Are people here celebrating this kind of stuff?
Disgusting isn’t it

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So the actions of a minority means that you dont give a feck if decent people are assaulted? How exactly is it 'laughably foolish' to think that a decent Officer does not deserve to be assaulted because a few are corrupt? How is it anybody at that low level in the systems fault that some fellow Officers are not fit for the job? Also if you believe this disband the Police narrative what would you have in its place? Just everybody do what they want with no consequence?
For starters, I think the minority percentage of shit cops is much higher than has been ever portrayed in the media, so the disparity between the two sets is far less. Bad cops are far more prevalent than just ‘a few’ as you put it. It would be even worse if it were just ‘a few’ as these shit stains could get more easily removed from the force, but that’s just not the case. Corruption (I am using corruption here as a catch all tool for all the bullshit cops do) exists at all levels of the police forces, examples are everywhere.

Corruption in the police is not a new phenomenon; google ‘Rampart’ or the story behind the book ‘LA Confidential,’ google ‘n****r box Chicago police.’ This has been going on for decades, it’s only coming to the forefront due to body cams & the proliferation of personal cameras everywhere. What we are seeing on the regular is not just one offs.

It’s almost humorous that you think the new officers aren’t aware of the systemic corruption in police; I posit that’s why many of the new recruits go into the police force to begin with, to satisfy their ammosexual desires. Do you actually think new recruits are just bowled over once they find out how corrupt the police force actually is, that it’s just a shock to their system? The thin blue line held by the cops of all tenures keeps the corruption ongoing, silence makes them complicit. Serpicos don’t exist that often due to that line & the pressure that is exerted on them & the danger whistleblowing can bring. Your Pollyanna view of the cops just doesn’t exist. It’s not just the lone bad apple that is unfairly tarnishing the unsullied police badge. Google the massive amount of white supremacy in the police force nationwide, I knew it was big but I was shocked at how pervasive it actually is.

I never said anything about disbanding, no clue where you got that. You just made it up to try to buttress your argument. The police don’t need armored personal carriers, antipersonnel mines, or many of the weapons of war they have, they also don’t need multimillion or billion dollar budgets. There needs to obviously be some defunding of the police so resources can get routed into the areas that need them. Better interviewing processes would help weed out undesirable recruits, less powerful police unions would allow for those cops who are guilty of corruption to be held accountable, etc., etc. It’s common sense.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's a hell of a lot more than just a 'few' that are corrupt. There's the truly bad cops. There's the cops who don't do anything to stop the bad ones and proceed to defend them. And then there are the good cops who actually would try to stop the bad. Unfortunately it is becoming increasingly obvious that the american police system actively gets rid of the good cops, so those end up making a relatively small percentage.

That doesn't mean I agree with what happened in that clip. Unless that particular officer had done something there to truly deserve it (in which case I don't care), I don't agree with the throwing of the thing or the celebrating that others are doing. I've got no problem with nobody going to help though as they've shown there's a huge chance of them shooting or bashing anybody who approaches. However, the cops themselves are the ones making this into a huge "us vs them" war so they do reap what they sow. I don't agree with it but I fully understand it and I'm actually surprised there isn't a hell of a lot more.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
For starters, I think the minority percentage of shit cops is much higher than has been ever portrayed in the media, so the disparity between the two sets is far less. Bad cops are far more prevalent than just ‘a few’ as you put it. It would be even worse if it were just ‘a few’ as these shit stains could get more easily removed from the force, but that’s just not the case. Corruption (I am using corruption here as a catch all tool for all the bullshit cops do) exists at all levels of the police forces, examples are everywhere.

Corruption in the police is not a new phenomenon; google ‘Rampart’ or the story behind the book ‘LA Confidential,’ google ‘n****r box Chicago police.’ This has been going on for decades, it’s only coming to the forefront due to body cams & the proliferation of personal cameras everywhere. What we are seeing on the regular is not just one offs.

It’s almost humorous that you think the new officers aren’t aware of the systemic corruption in police; I posit that’s why many of the new recruits go into the police force to begin with, to satisfy their ammosexual desires. Do you actually think new recruits are just bowled over once they find out how corrupt the police force actually is, that it’s just a shock to their system? The thin blue line held by the cops of all tenures keeps the corruption ongoing, silence makes them complicit. Serpicos don’t exist that often due to that line & the pressure that is exerted on them & the danger whistleblowing can bring. Your Pollyanna view of the cops just doesn’t exist. It’s not just the lone bad apple that is unfairly tarnishing the unsullied police badge. Google the massive amount of white supremacy in the police force nationwide, I knew it was big but I was shocked at how pervasive it actually is.

I never said anything about disbanding, no clue where you got that. You just made it up to try to buttress your argument. The police don’t need armored personal carriers, antipersonnel mines, or many of the weapons of war they have, they also don’t need multimillion dollar budgets. There needs to obviously be some defunding of the police so resources can get routed into the areas that need them. Better interviewing processes would help weed out undesirable recruits, less powerful police unions would allow for those cops who are guilty of corruption to be held accountable, etc., etc. It’s common sense.
Just to tag on here on this point. 25% of my insanely high property taxes (thank you Dane county!) goes for "public safety". the fire department gets a fraction of that. Sanitation is not included in any of my taxes (we pay extra for that). Schools get a slightly lower amount. Our small city has a police force that is likely equipped better than most countries militaries.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just to tag on here on this point. 25% of my insanely high property taxes (thank you Dane county!) goes for "public safety". the fire department gets a fraction of that. Sanitation is not included in any of my taxes (we pay extra for that). Schools get a slightly lower amount. Our small city has a police force that is likely equipped better than most countries militaries.
Sorry, made a mistake, meant to put ‘multi million or billion dollar’ in my post. But, that’s a great point you make. I don’t own property so I have never even researched where the percentage of property taxes go.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Sorry, made a mistake, meant to put ‘multi million or billion dollar’ in my post. But, that’s a great point you make. I don’t own property so I have never even researched where the percentage of property taxes go.
Both cities we have lived in have sent at least 25% of them to the police. You can look at the tax records of the city you live in and see what percentage goes to police (or public safety). It will likely shock you.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Jogging while black again.

I hope San Antonio writes this man a nice check and those officers get gone.

Texas does not require you to provide name unless you are under arrest. He was not, but because he would not provide his name they put him under arrest and then tried to kidnap (yes I am using that word on purpose) him which is why he resisted.

Assholes.

Cloud7

Are people here celebrating this kind of stuff?
I wouldn't say celebrating, because seeing someone get hurt isn't something that I get joy out of, but I certainly do not care in the slightest.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Jogging while black again.

I hope San Antonio writes this man a nice check and those officers get gone.

Texas does not require you to provide name unless you are under arrest. He was not, but because he would not provide his name they put him under arrest and then tried to kidnap (yes I am using that word on purpose) him which is why he resisted.

Assholes.

Whoop my ass gimmie my cash

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Wrong and wrong
Then I am missing something. In response to a story about the police detaining a man who did nothing wrong and then arresting him because he refused to give them his information (which is his right) you post a comedian joking about how he wants the cops to beat him so he can get paid.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Then I am missing something. In response to a story about the police detaining a man who did nothing wrong and then arresting him because he refused to give them his information (which is his right) you post a comedian joking about how he wants the cops to beat him so he can get paid.
No not missing anything. You hoped that he'll get a nice payday out of it. I'm just confirming he probably will, and good for him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We don’t know what the potential 911 call stated or why the suspect was pulled over, but, as anyone can see, the suspect threatened the cop verbally (& perhaps physically), got back into his car twice, reaches into his back pocket as well as the side of the door, but he’s apparently not paralyzed or dead now...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The so called "rational" defenders of these actions are fecking morons "dont jump to conclusions, you dont know the full story". Feck off.

Also, why do morons say "this is Biden's America. No, it's actually Trump's America, feckwits.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
The so called "rational" defenders of these actions are fecking morons "dont jump to conclusions, you dont know the full story". Feck off.

Also, why do morons say "this is Biden's America. No, it's actually Trump's America, feckwits.
It's the least complex propaganda I've seen. But it works on some people I guess.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

In general I don't like to just jump in and come to a conclusion from small clips or a few details. That being said, the video shows someone standing there with their hands on their head and a police officer just flying kicking them and then man handling them, I would've thought it's pretty obvious that the police shouldn't be doing that.