Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Was emotional watching that.
Just put yourself in her shoes. Just imagine how you would feel if your child was killed by someone, you know who killed him and they were protected by the state and able to do the same again.

Skizzo

Most (all?) departments have a non-emergency number to call for stuck cars, or if you are in a non-injury traffic accident. In the day of cell phones it is pretty easy to find it online. Personally, I would just call a tow service and not the police, but not everyone has the money/insurance for that.
We’ll respond out for all traffic crashes, and if someone is broken down on the freeway. Sacramento PD, for example, don’t respond out for non-injury crashes and people are left to file reports online or exchange information with the other party and be on their way.

The calls we get for people broken down on the freeway are sometimes from passerby’s who call it in because it’s not a safe spot, or the involved who wants us to come sit with them until their tow truck/family member arrives to help. We also get the calls when someone breaks down and has no funds, no friends, no family and we help them out since there isn’t always someone coming to assist them. Gave a guy a 30 minute ride home last night for that very reason. You have people who think it might not be the best use of resources, but it’s also not ideal to have someone sitting on the side of the road in the car all night to get smoked by a drunk or sleepy driver.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
We’ll respond out for all traffic crashes, and if someone is broken down on the freeway. Sacramento PD, for example, don’t respond out for non-injury crashes and people are left to file reports online or exchange information with the other party and be on their way.

The calls we get for people broken down on the freeway are sometimes from passerby’s who call it in because it’s not a safe spot, or the involved who wants us to come sit with them until their tow truck/family member arrives to help. We also get the calls when someone breaks down and has no funds, no friends, no family and we help them out since there isn’t always someone coming to assist them. Gave a guy a 30 minute ride home last night for that very reason. You have people who think it might not be the best use of resources, but it’s also not ideal to have someone sitting on the side of the road in the car all night to get smoked by a drunk or sleepy driver.
Fair play to you. Great that you're helping people. In my case it's not that I think you shouldn't use those resources, it's more I'm confused why there aren't someone else to deal with it who aren't police.
But yeah, if it's an insurance thing then I can see why people are hesitant. The US is just so different, I think insurance is mandatory if you have a car here.

Skizzo

Fair play to you. Great that you're helping people. In my case it's not that I think you shouldn't use those resources, it's more I'm confused why there aren't someone else to deal with it who aren't police.
But yeah, if it's an insurance thing then I can see why people are hesitant. The US is just so different, I think insurance is mandatory if you have a car here.
I definitely agree with you that there should be a designated resource for those. During certain hours of the day we have Freeway Service Patrol which are basically just that. They respond out and patrol the freeways in tow trucks to get people out of lanes or to move them off the freeways to a safer place. It’s a free service and no charge to the public for helping them, but it’s only during certain hours and only Monday to Friday.
To the insurance point, I can’t even tell you how many people I contact who don’t have insurance. A lot of people also don’t have a valid license either, due to suspensions or just never getting one. It’s also another reason we have so many hit-and-run crashes because people take off because they know they don’t have a license/insurance etc.

WPMUFC

they parked a police car on the train tracks and left the suspect inside, surprising still alive.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I both seen & posted a lot of police doing heinous shit in this thread, but this debacle is up there with the worst.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Jesus fecking christ, that is so infuriating. I can vividly remember that interaction & the conversation that was had between the poor child & the cops.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There are so many sad stories in the US (bad apples my arse). But this one sounds even more moving for some reason. The poor guy tried to do and say everything in a mild mannered way to stay alive. He's still dead. :(

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A good rundown of someone pointlessly pulled over and arrested for not stopping, then calmly talked his way out of it and later sued for 200k in damages.

Sara125

(Canada but anyway)
This is sooo….?!?!
Can’t believe someone actually ok’d this.