Cop in America doing a bad job, again

MarylandMUFan

No words…

What's just as crazy as he may get to keep his job if he fights it:
"In the cases DeShaney vs. Winnebago and Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales, the supreme court has ruled that police agencies are not obligated to provide protection of citizens. In other words, police are well within their rights to pick and choose when to intervene to protect the lives and property of others — even when a threat is apparent."

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
"In the cases DeShaney vs. Winnebago and Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales, the supreme court has ruled that police agencies are not obligated to provide protection of citizens. In other words, police are well within their rights to pick and choose when to intervene to protect the lives and property of others — even when a threat is apparent."
So protection is a service of choice? Then can Americans choose not to be protected by police gangs and therefore not have to pay? Or will the judges be round to break your kneecaps?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Are there any other jobs where picking and choosing when to do the job doesn't get you fired?

NotThatSoph

nimic

something nice
Scout
Fairly sure he slapped the phone, not its owner.

Would love to know the background to this. The details are intriguing. Something about interrupting a church service because of a traffic cone?!?
As far as I understand it, which is probably very little or not at all, slapping someone would actually be battery, while threats would be assault. Not sure what slapping the phone out of someone's hand would be, but probably something?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As far as I understand it, which is probably very little or not at all, slapping someone would actually be battery, while threats would be assault. Not sure what slapping the phone out of someone's hand would be, but probably something?
I’m compelled to make a terrible dad joke about how slapping a smartphone makes no difference to its battery.

Sorry.

It’s a curse really.