Cop in America doing a bad job, again

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying

About time.
Civil rights offenses, unlawful conspiracy, unconstitutional use of force and obstruction. Three of them charged with falsification of a search warrant. No murder charge, as far as I know federal can't do that, and the state, well, it's Kentucky.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
More than 2 years after the event. This is a good sign, and maybe only a small one though, that perhaps cops are not above the law. One can hope that this leads to more accountability for “the few bad apples”.

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying
Albert Woodfox, Black Panther member and part of the Angola Three, has died of Covid at the age of 75.

43 years in solitary confinement is a national record, and their story is endless political prosecution and sham trials.

Not a perfect fit for this thread, but it involves both the justice system, the prison system, and correction officers.

Skizzo

Civil rights offenses, unlawful conspiracy, unconstitutional use of force and obstruction. Three of them charged with falsification of a search warrant. No murder charge, as far as I know federal can't do that, and the state, well, it's Kentucky.
There are a few exceptions when it can be considered a federal offense and dealt with outside of state level, but none that would come into play here I don’t believe.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Another fun one.

Just saw that one, what the feck is wrong with those cops? The first cop goes immediately from "let me see your hands" to pulling his gun and screaming at the guy for... showing the cop his hands. Then he later says "you wouldn't show me your ID" or something, when that's basically all the other guy was trying to do. I guess he should have gone on the ground, but jesus.

Edit: Oh yeah, and then they tased him when they had him on the ground. Maybe that's why he didn't want to go on the ground.

Simbo

Just saw that one, what the feck is wrong with those cops? The first cop goes immediately from "let me see your hands" to pulling his gun and screaming at the guy for... showing the cop his hands. Then he later says "you wouldn't show me your ID" or something, when that's basically all the other guy was trying to do. I guess he should have gone on the ground, but jesus.

Edit: Oh yeah, and then they tased him when they had him on the ground. Maybe that's why he didn't want to go on the ground.
I watched another video yesterday where the cop went from "show me your hands" to being peppered with bullets a second later. Tis the world they live in, Murica.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I watched another video yesterday where the cop went from "show me your hands" to being peppered with bullets a second later. Tis the world they live in, Murica.
I guess that kind of thing really affects the psychology of cops, but statistically it's not a very dangerous profession. It's been done a few times by a few different people, but here's one from the University of Delaware showing "police officers" as the 22nd most dangerous profession. It's well below stuff like delivery drivers, farmers, garbage collectors.

Not sure if this has already been posted

I'm with Mr. Hyde. Sure he's probably no Dr. Jekyll (hehe) but it looks like he's been targeted. Without going into conspiracy negro mode, I think he's aware he doesn't have the support of the powers that be and is happy to put on a show for them. The cop who pressed him first is happy to give him all the rope he needs to hang himself and the supervisor is complicit. In what world would an officer spend that amount of time on a traffic stop and have a supervisor come out to investigate further? He knows the entire time he's being recorded, that's why he puts his camera out like that and looks at the cop as if to say "I know what you're doing, are you going to continue?"

It becomes obvious the way he admits to his speeding charge. Every man is proud of speed, can't be helped.

Whole thing is sus, credit to Hyde for going out like a badass and making sure anybody with sense can see the corruption even if it kills his career. Pour a cup of tea for that man, I'd only be happier if it happened in Boston.

Everyone in the comment section making it a gender issue, like she can't be corrupt because she's female. How do most of these school shooters get a hold of the guns they use? And someone said 'imagine how afraid his wife must be of him', she loses control every time he steps through the front door, I know I would. Legend. The last Brit since Daniel Kaluuya to conquer America.

Last edited:

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

I'm with Mr. Hyde. Sure he's probably no Dr. Jekyll (hehe) but it looks like he's been targeted. Without going into conspiracy negro mode, I think he's aware he doesn't have the support of the powers that be and is happy to put on a show for them. The cop who pressed him first is happy to give him all the rope he needs to hang himself and the supervisor is complicit. In what world would an officer spend that amount of time on a traffic stop and have a supervisor come out to investigate further? He knows the entire time he's being recorded, that's why he puts his camera out like that and looks at the cop as if to say "I know what you're doing, are you going to continue?" Whole thing is sus, credit to Hyde for going out like a badass and making sure anybody with sense can see the corruption even if it kills his career. Pour a cup of tea for that man, I'd only be happier if it happened in Boston.

Everyone in the comment section making it a gender issue, like she can't be corrupt because she's female. And someone said 'imagine how afraid his wife must be of him', she loses control every time he steps through the front door, I know I would. Legend. The last Brit since Daniel Kaluuya to conquer America.
Nah, he was being a dick. She was being professional. He demanded to speak to a supervisor, so it's not the officer's fault the incident prolonged more than it needed to. The only "corruption" I see is the man using his status with the "You know who I am?" line people in power commonly use, to get special treatment and cry wolf when they don't. Mind you I know nothing about that man or his politics.

Nah, he was being a dick. She was being professional. He demanded to speak to a supervisor, so it's not the officer's fault the incident prolonged more than it needed to. The only "corruption" I see is the man using his status with the "You know who I am?" line people in power commonly use, to get special treatment and cry wolf when they don't. Mind you I know nothing about that man or his politics.
The next time you get pulled by the Police you demand to speak to a supervisor and see what response you get. I almost want to give you my email address in case this ever happens.

And in fairness to him, if you're going to put him under 'special pressure' he deserves 'special treatment'. Only fair.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Explain how this video of a non-violent interaction ended up on the internet.
You seem to know more of the backstory and context than me. But if you can't answer then I'll take a guess: Wealthy and powerful man uses his political office/status to think he's above the law and act like a dick to an officer doing her job professionally.

Skizzo

I guess that kind of thing really affects the psychology of cops, but statistically it's not a very dangerous profession. It's been done a few times by a few different people, but here's one from the University of Delaware showing "police officers" as the 22nd most dangerous profession. It's well below stuff like delivery drivers, farmers, garbage collectors.
If you’re going into the psychology of it, then looking at those other jobs, the dangers are based around the conditions (machinery, driving, drowning, falls, etc) policing is the only one on there where a good sized portion of the cause of death is another person making a conscious decision to kill them for the job they do.

Skizzo

I'm with Mr. Hyde. Sure he's probably no Dr. Jekyll (hehe) but it looks like he's been targeted. Without going into conspiracy negro mode, I think he's aware he doesn't have the support of the powers that be and is happy to put on a show for them. The cop who pressed him first is happy to give him all the rope he needs to hang himself and the supervisor is complicit. In what world would an officer spend that amount of time on a traffic stop and have a supervisor come out to investigate further? He knows the entire time he's being recorded, that's why he puts his camera out like that and looks at the cop as if to say "I know what you're doing, are you going to continue?"

It becomes obvious the way he admits to his speeding charge. Every man is proud of speed, can't be helped.

Whole thing is sus, credit to Hyde for going out like a badass and making sure anybody with sense can see the corruption even if it kills his career. Pour a cup of tea for that man, I'd only be happier if it happened in Boston.

Everyone in the comment section making it a gender issue, like she can't be corrupt because she's female. How do most of these school shooters get a hold of the guns they use? And someone said 'imagine how afraid his wife must be of him', she loses control every time he steps through the front door, I know I would. Legend. The last Brit since Daniel Kaluuya to conquer America.
I thought this was a bit of satire at first, but you actually do believe he was acting perfectly reasonable and she was doing something wrong?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yeah, I think I posted it as it came out of Sarasota.
I remember it as the Guy being a dick and absolute chauvinist. At the end didn’t the females cops supervisor basically throw her under the bus? I think the asshole “apologized” too.

Skizzo

I had the exact same reaction as you.
I get that some situations can be viewed from different viewpoints and people reach different conclusions, or take different things from it. Some things I just have a hard time believing we’re watching the same thing when someone has a take like that.

Skizzo

I remember it as the Guy being a dick and absolute chauvinist. At the end didn’t the females cops supervisor basically throw her under the bus? I think the asshole “apologized” too.
One of the biggest complaints we have right now is not feeling supported etc from management. Not when something is done that’s wrong/illegal etc, but just on day to day activity and enforcement. Her video shows he’s lying about her not being “yes sir” from the beginning, and about who became confrontational first etc.

I have a sergeant who today told me he appreciates the felony warrant arrests, (on top of the other 15 misdemeanor warrant arrests and dui arrests) but he’d prefer me to write more tickets instead.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
One of the biggest complaints we have right now is not feeling supported etc from management. Not when something is done that’s wrong/illegal etc, but just on day to day activity and enforcement. Her video shows he’s lying about her not being “yes sir” from the beginning, and about who became confrontational first etc.

I have a sergeant who today told me he appreciates the felony warrant arrests, (on top of the other 15 misdemeanor warrant arrests and dui arrests) but he’d prefer me to write more tickets instead.
Is that for revenue generating reasons?

As for the first point I would say that is a common theme across all industries. I’ve had good managers, but often times the layer above has a distinct difference in opinion as to what I should be doing and shit flows downhill, so….

Skizzo

Is that for revenue generating reasons?

As for the first point I would say that is a common theme across all industries. I’ve had good managers, but often times the layer above has a distinct difference in opinion as to what I should be doing and shit flows downhill, so….
Well his angle is to lower the mileage death rate, but a couple of months ago I made a stop on a vehicle with the driver not wearing a seatbelt, obviously a safety risk which could contribute directly to the mileage death rate…and the car happened to be stolen, the driver had a felony warrant, and one of the passengers had four misdemeanor warrants. He called me in his office and told me I should make better decisions and he said we should have been reactive that day and not proactive. So at this point I’m not sure what he wants :lol: :mad:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well his angle is to lower the mileage death rate, but a couple of months ago I made a stop on a vehicle with the driver not wearing a seatbelt, obviously a safety risk which could contribute directly to the mileage death rate…and the car happened to be stolen, the driver had a felony warrant, and one of the passengers had four misdemeanor warrants. He called me in his office and told me I should make better decisions and he said we should have been reactive that day and not proactive. So at this point I’m not sure what he wants :lol: :mad:
Be reactive, not proactive. Waffling on what he wants. Poor man management. Is your supervisor Ole?

jackal&hyde

Sketchy…

If I'm there I think nothing wrong. In a country where any imbecile can have a gun, a police officer sees a man bend over the counter and gets something while the employ is not looking. Good job imo. Said sorry after too.

I swear that people that get mega offended at these things never actually lived in the US let alone worked or know people that work in PD.

Carolina Red

Staff
If I'm there I think nothing wrong. In a country where any imbecile can have a gun, a police officer sees a man bend over the counter and gets something while the employ is not looking. Good job imo. Said sorry after too.

I swear that people that get mega offended at these things never actually lived in the US let alone worked or know people that work in PD.
Wait till you hear where @calodo2003 is from

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Sorry but my dislike of police means I have to side with the fat stupid man. If they want assault rifes and tanks with tax payers money then they at the very least they should all be treated with contempt and wasting their time is a good thing.

If anything he was too nice towards her.