Cop in America doing a bad job, again

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
It is not a problem that can be solved, because the only oversight is from local authorities, and they are stronger than local authorities

See also how they targeted De Blasio's daughter and he, probably the most powerful mayor in the world, responded by praising them more.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Absolutely no fecking need at all. Wankers.
As much i am against police brutality and agree with most posts here, i would like to beat the shit of this person that seconds before shoot at me as seen on te comments of the video. Yes, hey are professionally trained but man, i understand you lose your cool after being shot

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Actually some heartening moments here…

At one point, like a split second when he was apologising, I had sympathy for the officer, then it was reminded he lied about the guy being armed and jeopardized his entire case load and victims justice process and I'm like feck that guy.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
As much i am against police brutality and agree with most posts here, i would like to beat the shit of this person that seconds before shoot at me as seen on te comments of the video. Yes, hey are professionally trained but man, i understand you lose your cool after being shot
Yeah, occasionally people are desperate for content on twitter so share cops being mean, only then to see footage of said perp killing people or shooting at bystanders.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
At one point, like a split second when he was apologising, I had sympathy for the officer, then it was reminded he lied about the guy being armed and jeopardized his entire case load and victims justice process and I'm like feck that guy.
Same, but then you realise its just a douche that has clearly worked out he is stuffed and trying to weasel his way out of it. Clearly isn't the sort of person you want working as a police officer and the victim rightly produced the video.

Drainy

Explains, not excuses.

The officers need firing and charging with assault and battery.

You can't stomp and butt someone's head with your gun barrell because they were a threat to you a few minutes ago.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Explains, not excuses.

The officers need firing and charging with assault and battery.

You can't stomp and butt someone's head with your gun barrell because they were a threat to you a few minutes ago.
As i said, yes they are professionals. But feck me. Police academy doesbt prepares you for a near death experience. I can understand, and frankly, that asshole deserved

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
As i said, yes they are professionals. But feck me. Police academy doesbt prepares you for a near death experience. I can understand, and frankly, that asshole deserved

That asshole deserved to be arrested and sentenced in court. He was completely unarmed and submissive. I get what you are saying, and I'm not saying I would do any different than they did, but it's their responsibility to uphold the law, not break it.

If he was still holding a gun and resisting then that's a different story, but he wasn't at all. What if in that assault he suffered a brain injury and died? Something that could easily happen after an assault like that.

The officers lost their cool, let themselves and their fellow officers down and severely assaulted an unarmed, submissive man who had surrendered. They deserve to be punished for that. There is no excuse or justification.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So what should be done to the cops? Promotion and a couple of medals?
There are middle ground like do nothing.

That asshole deserved to be arrested and sentenced in court. He was completely unarmed and submissive. I get what you are saying, and I'm not saying I would do any different than they did, but it's their responsibility to uphold the law, not break it.

If he was still holding a gun and resisting then that's a different story, but he wasn't at all. What if in that assault he suffered a brain injury and died? Something that could easily happen after an assault like that.

The officers lost their cool, let themselves and their fellow officers down and severely assaulted an unarmed, submissive man who had surrendered. They deserve to be punished for that. There is no excuse or justification.
I have little regard for pieces of trash and my morality doesn't allows fits into the legality. And I think for everyone. I feel no sympathy for what happened to him as the consequences was intense pain that lasted a few minutes and some pain a few days compared that he could have killed someone.

And the police, very unprofessional yes, and I would understand that they would be punished accordingly, but I understand the heat of the moment and I am quite certain that the law can accommodate being under distress for what it happens. Then if the law could accommodate it, it would be ok for you?

Again, lawful doesn't mean just, because everybody has inside his own morals and values that in this case are different than yours. And the laws are made and approved by someone with different morals and values than many people

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Doesn't this guy get Miranda rights before being arrested or is that specifically why he's being "detained"?

Same, but then you realise its just a douche that has clearly worked out he is stuffed and trying to weasel his way out of it. Clearly isn't the sort of person you want working as a police officer and the victim rightly produced the video.
All of the cops in this video come out badly, just the woman slightly less so. If there's no video refuting the detective's made up story she takes him at his word and it's only a 'problem' because there is a video.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

This is what happens when an institution allows its workers to be hired that are of below average intelligence & see policing as a way to act out on their fantasies with no recourse against them. We are far beyond a few bad apples & all the good that police actually do is quickly evaporated when instances like these occur.

It is a racist institution that hires those with the mentality of children.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

The fecking cnut was smirking just after. The cop whose cam we’re seeing from asks if he’s alright and he smirks and says yea, then goes on about having a bit of a bloody nose and some of his stuff got touched ffs.

The entire institution is broken.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The fecking cnut was smirking just after. The cop whose cam we’re seeing from asks if he’s alright and he smirks and says yea, then goes on about having a bit of a bloody nose and some of his stuff got touched ffs.

The entire institution is broken.
It looks like the murderer was just fine with his decision to execute the victim. Basically no emotion whatsoever. Doesn't appear to be his first time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wild shit. Pointing the gun out the moving car like they’re in a movie. Then all unloading on the car shooting each other and only hitting the guy twice. Two cops got shot by other cops here. Morons.

jackal&hyde

Absolutely no fecking need at all. Wankers.
Any info on who the suspect was? I know in Germany interventions on suspects on drugs and human trafficking and they look like mega horror shows with dogs let lose on them, and that is correct.

This videos with f all context are pathetic. It might have been a child molester, killer or drug scum bag but all that is shown is a police officer being assertive or physical.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Any info on who the suspect was? I know in Germany interventions on suspects on drugs and human trafficking and they look like mega horror shows with dogs let lose on them, and that is correct.

This videos with f all context are pathetic. It might have been a child molester, killer or drug scum bag but all that is shown is a police officer being assertive or physical.
WTF? It is never correct.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yes it is. A killer, child molester, etc will get very different treatment to others.
Non it's not. You seriously want the police to be the arbiters on who is worthy/guilty of extra judicial treatment? Besides that point, if we do not hold the enforcers of the law to obey it themselves then we only have ourselves to blame when the law becomes a mere suggestion.