Cop in America doing a bad job, again

jackal&hyde

Non it's not. You seriously want the police to be the arbiters on who is worthy/guilty of extra judicial treatment? Besides that point, if we do not hold the enforcers of the law to obey it themselves then we only have ourselves to blame when the law becomes a mere suggestion.
You understand that police men and women are made out of humans yes? A bloke drinking too much or crossing the street wrong is something. Going after a killer or child killer/ molester is different. You might imagine that officers are robots, but they are not. I could go on about this not just because I have officers as friends, but because I've been a "victim" of police brutality, taken from my neighborhood to the police station and beaten a bit, and then let go. It was a mix up and I despise the fecker that did this but it is what it is. A mistake.

EDIT: The situation I lived has nothing to do with racism and much to do with the type of person that wants to be an officer. Cretins that want power and want to use it. These people can be taken care of through official means.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yes it is. A killer, child molester, etc will get very different treatment to others.
So on arrest when the suspect could easily be innocent/mistaken identity you would like them to have their heads kicked in?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You understand that police men and women are made out of humans yes? A bloke drinking too much or crossing the street wrong is something. Going after a killer or child killer/ molester is different. You might imagine that officers are robots, but they are not. I could go on about this not just because I have officers as friends, but because I've been a "victim" of police brutality, taken from my neighborhood to the police station and beaten a bit, and then let go. It was a mix up and I despise the fecker that did this but it is what it is. A mistake.
*Gets beaten up by the police*

Hmm, yes this should happen to other people.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No it should not. Nor should MDs make shit diagnostics. But it happens.
Yeah but in the bolded scenario it's a genuine mistake from trying to help. Booting someone in the head doesn't help anything.

jackal&hyde

Yeah but in the bolded scenario it's a genuine mistake from trying to help. Booting someone in the head doesn't help anything.
Or it can be because you don't care enough. I work in a hospital and I see many doctors care little about some people.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Or it can be because you don't care enough. I work in a hospital and I see many doctors care little about some people.
Then they shouldn't be in that job, neither should police who beat people. It's quite simple.

jackal&hyde

Then they shouldn't be in that job, neither should police who beat people. It's quite simple.
True but let me tell you something about MD and some of the things that you might not know. And then relate this to officers going for a punch or a kick in the wrong.

A few months ago, a patient had his in air/ in food tubes mixed. Got instantly to the ATI (special care section). The MDs there saved this poor guys life. A mix up that was IMO close to murder. What happened? Nothing. Not a point in the news, but not even knowen by his family. Just a complication.

My point is, that horror shows happen more often then we like. A suspect getting a boot to the face when the accusation is murder or rape? Not something to lose sleep about.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
True but let me tell you something about MD and some of the things that you might not know. And then relate this to officers going for a punch or a kick in the wrong.

A few months ago, a patient had his in air/ in food tubes mixed. Got instantly to the ATI (special care section). The MDs there saved this poor guys life. A mix up that was IMO close to murder. What happened? Nothing. Not a point in the news, but not even knowen by his family. Just a complication.

My point is, that horror shows happen more often then we like. A suspect getting a boot to the face when the accusation is murder or rape? Not something to lose sleep about.
Except you like it.... "It is correct" you said.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Doesn't matter. One is a genuine mix-up and the other is intentionally causing pain. You can argue for things like malpractice in a case like that but you cannot excuse a police officer handing out a beating like a vigilante just because medical professionals mess up sometimes.

If you are a police officer your actions need to be better than a regular person, otherwise don't do the job. If you are going to police people's actions you can't stoop to that level, you just can't. It ruins the entire integrity of the position.

Plenty of people have been falsely accused of murder and rape before. Should they just kick them all in the head anyway? If someone is arrested due to mistaken identity it would be a horrible thing for an innocent person to go through, now to be beaten by those same officers as well? It would scar you for life and erode any trust you have in the police, which is just not good for society.

Sure it might be tempting to dish out your own justice if you're arresting a clear piece of shit but you have to be above that, otherwise don't do the job.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

That's an accident, a mix-up, that's not even close to murder!

jackal&hyde

Now I can't help myself from talking about some of the true horror shit that I know.

When a suspect death happens, there are organizations that take on board some expert to make an investigation. I was part of such an episode working as the IT guy with an old man, a major surgeon making his investigation.

So the case was simple: man goes for surgery in a place, major fail, then again intervention (more money from him), fail, another try and this time major infection of a kind that is famous and nigh impossible to get rid. Guy sues the system, me and "my" MD are on the case. I will spare you the details and the horrors that the man went through, do you want the results? The doctor is innocent after 4 failed operations, and the hospital specific infection (it makes it impossible for healing) was not from that shit show of a clinic, it was from the person. I made the point that if this is such a major threat to surgery then why was the patient not tested first? I got some bad looks then.

What does this have to do with the thread? Nothing :lol: Just that I feel a lot more focus should be on things that we tend to take for granted as good but are not. Rant over.

jackal&hyde

And you support this extrajudicial abuse by cops?
No. It should not happen
And you support this extrajudicial abuse by cops?
I do not support it but I understand that if you are a police officer and are going after a suspect known for killing or abuse for children you are going to be acting in a human way with the emotions that go with it. If the cop does wrong, he should be responsible to the law.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No. It should not happen

I do not support it but I understand that if you are a police officer and are going after a suspect known for killing or abuse for children you are going to be acting in a human way with the emotions that go with it. If the cop does wrong, he should be responsible to the law.
Do you think the cops were wrong in that video clip?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Talk about a rubbish comment if there ever was one. You are the text book example of having posts wasted on some.
The only rubbish thing in this thread is your view that it is correct to let the dogs loose on suspects who have been found guilty of no crime.

know in Germany interventions on suspects on drugs and human trafficking and they look like mega horror shows with dogs let lose on them, and that is correct

Anustart89

EDIT: The situation I lived has nothing to do with racism and much to do with the type of person that wants to be an officer. Cretins that want power and want to use it. These people can be taken care of through official means.
The problem with your posts in here is that you seem to forget that police, unless catching someone in the act, don’t know who’s a child molester and who isn’t. It’s up to the judicial system to decide the nature and severity of a crime based on evidence presented.

It’s even more staggering to hold the opinion that you do when you’ve been beaten up by police in a case of mistaken identity. Imagine they had got info from someone you pissed off in the supermarket that you were a child molester. Would you want them to set the dogs on you then without any evidence?

Withnail

Wild shit. Pointing the gun out the moving car like they’re in a movie. Then all unloading on the car shooting each other and only hitting the guy twice. Two cops got shot by other cops here. Morons.

This is absolutely insane. If it was a movie I'd be rolling my eyes at the stupidity.

SirAnderson

Yes, obviously it was a shit reaction and if they were better trained they would have done better. They reacted emotionally imo.
But you said it was "correct." If it was child killers or molesters, you fine with it cause it's an emotional reaction.

So imagine the lawyers of the those guys get that video and he gets off on a technicality or because of that...

But yeah, it's just emotional reaction.
Seriously, it's a stupid thing to say, no matter the scum, you make sure it's by the book so that said scum can't get off for your emotions and then feck up other people's lives because they still roam the streets cause you couldn't keep it in check.

Drainy

This escalation can't be what's taught at the academy level...

it might well be, but the rules are that they can only use the force necessary in light of the likely risks given the totality of the circumstances as perceived by a reasonable officer.

A few people chilling out having a beer doesn't indicate potential violence in the interaction, and its only arguable that he passively resisted orders so does not justify that level of force