Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Showing only blacks been killed or arrested by police? About the other races? Media is really a very dangerous tool in the 21 century.
2019 so far:

From Washington Post

394 people killed by police
84 Whites (no Hispanics)
49 Blacks
44 Hispanics
8 Other (Asians, etc)
209 Unknown (but for the names mostly are Hispanics or whites)

From Fox news

44 Police officers killed in the line of duty
That's the reason so many people gets killed by police, too many officers killed so they over-react and in some cases criminally when they engage someone.
You can see some pretty disturbing trends in the WaPo link you cited. Since 2015 white people, who constitute >60% of the population, contributed to 50% of police shooting deaths and 42% of unarmed shooting deaths. Conversely black people, who constitute <13% of the population contributed to 26% of police shootings and 36% of all unarmed shootings over the same period. So that's 60%>50%>42% vs 13%<26%<36%.

Over the same period Hispanics constituted around 17% of the population and contributed around 18-19% to both figures. So while other ethnicities are killed by the police the facts demonstrate which of them suffer the most and which the least and that demonstration is stark. The media is a very useful tool in the 21st century.

You then go on to link to a Fox News story regarding police deaths in the line of duty without noting that 23 of the 44 deaths were from car accidents and natural causes and included one death resulting from being shot in 1981. The media is a very dangerous tool in the 21st century.

The average number of police officers blown up, shot, beaten or stabbed to death since 2015 is still horribly high (at around 55 per year). That means that more unarmed civilians are shot to death each year by police than there are police officers killed by felons.

diarm

Last page or so of this thread are really disappointing. You can disagree with someones opinion (I do) without being deliberately disingenuous and making out he was saying something he wasn't so you can thread ban him. The caf is usually better than this.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Last page or so of this thread are really disappointing. You can disagree with someones opinion (I do) without being deliberately disingenuous and making out he was saying something he wasn't so you can thread ban him. The caf is usually better than this.
Yes. Seems to have successfully closed down the opposition. Disappointing when someone is informative on the topic and some would like that to end.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Nonetheless, Cassidy was well off in suggesting that a poster in the minority belief was thread banned. The majority belief in this thread is along the lines of Eboue's posts. Hell, it's basically in the thread title.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nonetheless, Cassidy was well off in suggesting that a poster in the minority belief was thread banned. The majority belief in this thread is along the lines of Eboue's posts. Hell, it's basically in the thread title.
On the particular conversation he had a minority belief and ended up with a thread ban as far I can tell

Skizzo

All my posts have been deleted . For what I'm not sure.

People call each other cnuts and stuff but I tell the truth about what happened to me and its deleted. What a shit show!
They all got deleted mate because we got somewhat derailed and the mods are trying to stop it turning into a farce.

We’re all guilty of acting like knobs at times and I’m no exception, so apologies if it came across that I was belittling your experiences. For cops pulling out firearms if you’re just hanging with your dog, then yeah that’s not on. It was the painting of all police with broad strokes that I took issue with.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
They all got deleted mate because we got somewhat derailed and the mods are trying to stop it turning into a farce.

We’re all guilty of acting like knobs at times and I’m no exception, so apologies if it came across that I was belittling your experiences. For cops pulling out firearms if you’re just hanging with your dog, then yeah that’s not on. It was the painting of all police with broad strokes that I took issue with.
Fair enough. I have no issue with you.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Psycho needs to be fired and charged with at least manslaughter.
Completely insane overreaction to getting pushed by a mentally handicapped person. He even shot the parents ffs. Cowards like that should be in jail not wearing badges of authority.

He should also have Child Protective Services take away his child as clearly he is incapable of being a parent.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Do they carry out any mental evaluation of police officers? A lot of them just seem to be complete psychopaths.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Do they carry out any mental evaluation of police officers? A lot of them just seem to be complete psychopaths.
On Reddit they joke that applicants with an above average IQ are rejected.

On a serious note, one could pass a mental evaluation and still do some crazy shit during duty, no?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
On Reddit they joke that applicants with an above average IQ are rejected.

On a serious note, one could pass a mental evaluation and still do some crazy shit during duty, no?
True... But the likelihood increases if they batshit right?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
They seriously do. The amount of times you see these videos of police injustice, it's not so much the brutality that stands out but the mental instability of the officers. A lot of the time they seem genuinely unstable. Antagonistic, predisposed towards violence, needlessly escalating the situation and shaking with rage.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
For the love of fecking Christ.

Corona Police Chief George Johnstone said in a video statement released Tuesday that his detectives would continue to interview witnesses and evaluate video and forensic evidence from the store.

“For several reasons, including the need to interview a number of witnesses and review evidence, no arrest was made at the time of the incident,” Johnstone said, noting the chaotic scene.
I'm sure they'd do exactly the same thing if the shooter was a civilian [/extremesarcasm]

Fridge chutney

Psycho needs to be fired and charged with at least manslaughter.
Completely insane overreaction to getting pushed by a mentally handicapped person. He even shot the parents ffs. Cowards like that should be in jail not wearing badges of authority.

He should also have Child Protective Services take away his child as clearly he is incapable of being a parent.
The officer should be charged with 1 count of murder and 2 counts of attempted murder.

It's murder, plain and simple.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Perhaps the most disturbing posts target Ocasio-Cortez. One includes a photo illustration of her engaged in oral sex at an immigrant detention center. Text accompanying the image reads, “Lucky Illegal Immigrant Glory Hole Special Starring AOC.”

Another is a photo illustration of a smiling President Donald Trump forcing Ocasio-Cortez’s head toward his crotch. The agent who posted the image commented: “That’s right bitches. The masses have spoken and today democracy won.”
https://www.propublica.org/article/...s-joke-about-migrant-deaths-post-sexist-memes
What has America become folks?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Here's the thing that gets me. Police in traditionally "shit" places like south Asia, east Asia or Africa tend to be crap at their job for monetary gain (bribes), these American cops aren't even after bribes, they're cnuts for the sake of of being cnuts.
It's surely most were picked on/outcast in their youth and so became cops to wield power and control their environment. Others are sadists and assholes, always have even when popular in their youth.