Coronation thread

68cob

Be glad when it's over, cos the ads on Sky channels have done my head in.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I was wondering, what if...

So let's say king Charles (bit weird that he's called King pre-coronation but we'll roll with it) is walking up the alter, he sits on his throne and the crowns comes from the heavens to be placed upon his head.

But then William is like you know what, feck this. No one likes this guy (my dad), no one wants it to be him, everyone prefers me, I don't wanna be like 80 when I finally get the throne like this chap is

So he takes out a gun and in front of the world to see he shoots Charles in the face, killing him instantly.

William then places the crowd on his head and is like guess what pricks, I'm king now

Would he:

a) get arrested

or

b) become king?

Because I honestly feel like the answer is b? Like he's probably got some immunity status on the go right?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

So let's say king Charles (bit weird that he's called King pre-coronation but we'll roll with it) is walking up the alter, he sits on his throne and the crowns comes from the heavens to be placed upon his head.

But then William is like you know what, feck this. No one likes this guy (my dad), no one wants it to be him, everyone prefers me, I don't wanna be like 80 when I finally get the throne like this chap is

So he takes out a gun and in front of the world to see he shoots Charles in the face, killing him instantly.

William then places the crowd on his head and is like guess what pricks, I'm king now

Would he:

a) get arrested

or

b) become king?

Because I honestly feel like the answer is b? Like he's probably got some immunity status on the go right?
c) Mobbed

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

Would he:

a) get arrested

or

b) become king?

The sovereign is immune from prosecution, which I assume would also include crimes committed when they were not the sovereign.

Nepal had a similar issue in 2001 when a Crown Prince gunned down 20 of the Royal Family, became King as a result, and could not be prosecuted. He has shot himself too and died as a result, but if he had recovered...

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
The sovereign is immune from prosecution, which I assume would also include crimes committed when they were not the sovereign.

Nepal had a similar issue in 2001 when a Crown Prince gunned down 20 of the Royal Family, became King as a result, and could not be prosecuted. He has shot himself too and died as a result, but if he had recovered...
That is very interesting thank you!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Be glad when it's over, cos the ads on Sky channels have done my head in.
Sky are really the fox of the UK.

The country is fecked and countless millions are being wasted on this bash.
That money could be spent on the NHS.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Sky are really the fox of the UK.

The country is fecked and countless millions are being wasted on this bash.
That money could be spent on the NHS.
the nhs already has all the brexit money being spent on it. it doesn’t need any more.

Bert_

It's started. Royal commentators out in force on the news. One just said it's shameful the remining monarchies of the world don't go to this level of extravagance. Also chucked in that its great to see the stone of destiny in it's place after being "stolen by Scottish nationalists". Not questioned on any of that.

Traub

We’re a strange country.

For those who aren’t BRITISH - what do you make of all this nonsense?
It’s weird because I read on here how you all hate the royals, yet watching sky news, I see people camping outside for 24hours to see a gold carriage go past!? But everyone seems to love it, so confused.

Cloud7

Would he:

a) get arrested

or

b) become king?

Rather than a gun, would it not be more fun if he challenges him to a sword duel for the right to be king?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
It’s weird because I read on here how you all hate the royals, yet watching sky news, I see people camping outside for 24hours to see a gold carriage go past!? But everyone seems to love it, so confused.
we have more than our fair share of nutters. thankfully, for the most part, they spend their time collecting shortbread tins with photos of the royals on them, or taking time off work to cosplay a homeless before some pointless event or other, rather than going on gun rampages at schools.

WPMUFC

We’re a strange country.

It comes across as a split personality. On the one hand people just go about their lives, vote, pay tax and just have a life in a "liberal democracy". But then there is this weird other side. Where all of a sudden a family of people are just there...asking you to obey them, owning huge parts of the country, have a specific yet needless role in your governing, but also do absolutely nothing in politics; and people have this weird obsession about the breeding habits and lifestyles of nobodies.

They are literally nobodies, the con of 'being ordained by god" was quaint, but the farm-bound peasants don't exist anymore. Politics and power is global, technocratic and progressed. Yet here we are today people watching a nobody taking power over nothing, and the police literally threatening the population to "just go with it".

fecking bizarre.

Abizzz

The first time I saw "black rod" I thought that was interesting, stately and different. By the 5th time I just found it absurd. I can't understand why the royals are anything more than a curiosity at this point.

Bert_

The first time I saw "black rod" I thought that was interesting, stately and different. By the 5th time I just found it absurd. I can't understand why the royals are anything more than a curiosity at this point.
You ain't seen nothing yet

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's started. Royal commentators out in force on the news. One just said it's shameful the remining monarchies of the world don't go to this level of extravagance. Also chucked in that its great to see the stone of destiny in it's place after being "stolen by Scottish nationalists". Not questioned on any of that.
Ok, that does it. I'm fecking off to live on the moon again.

There are always enough nutters to fill a TV picture. Most people dont give a shit, for the majority it's just something a bit different to the mindnumbing Saturday TV they'd otherwise be watching.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
beautiful orchestra performances, doesn't it just make you want to colonise someone

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
We’re a strange country.

It's a bit like religion. Horribly outdated and frankly ridiculous, when you really think about it, but somehow it gives a lot of people a sense of belonging that dwarves any rational considerations.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
We’re a strange country.

I find countries like NZ, Oz and Canada even more pathetic due to the refusal to cut ties with a family not even residing in their country. Only plausible reason seems to be wanting royal family as the head of the state to be a symbol of white supremacy in face of growing immigration in these countries.

Smores

I'm sure the same right wing press who were outraged at the removal of golliwogs as a freedom of expression breach will all be up in arms over this.....any minute now.....

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Peaceful protesters holding inoffensive signs have been arrested and the signs are all being confiscated by police. There's your democracy.