Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Devil may care

Yep. In some cases it isn't even on economic basis, it's just people getting bored and wanting to have some fun, watching football, etc. It's a bit terrible really how narrow minded some people are when they can't have their normal life for a little while even when it means saving lives. I also happen to work in a hospital and the thought of people starting to go out, traveling, etc just does my head in.
My cousing is working on the wards and she says that if people saw how horrific this thing is they'd stop moaning about being "bored", it's unbelieveable selfish and childish, with all the things we have access to now we should be able to sit out a few months no problem as long as we can get food. Take care mate.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Scottish government recommends face coverings
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has unveiled new guidance by the Scottish government, saying people should cover their faces when outdoors.

Ms Sturgeon said residents should use a cloth covering when on public transport or in other settings where social distancing will be difficult.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ence-to-commemorate-key-workers-who-have-died

Possibility for players to play with masks?

Footballers wearing masks during matches would be 'sensible precaution'

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-be-sensible-precaution-coronavirus-football
Beyond parody now.

"Mmm mmmmm" being heard as players try to communicate

‘The Gilluminati, la!’
At last we are starting to see some sense.

nothing wrong with trying to finish the season if possible, exploring all options and planning for the future.

however, it is sending the wrong messages to the public when you see players starting to go to training.

Instead of only going for an hour’s bike ride, why can’t I go for 2 hours, or 3? And so it begins - the complete slide into indifference.

neverdie

Finish the season as it is. No promotions, no relegations, no title winners. Only current placements as provisional markers moving into next season.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think it's all starting now. Will just be a matter of seeing how each league decides to finalise things.
Will definitely be interesting to follow yes, especially if Germany goes through with its envisaged re-start.

Players should be given some clarity by the end of May at the latest and preferably even faster. It's no use endangering them to train at facilities when the chances of finishing the season are becoming close to zero.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yet people still think we'll be starting back up in a few weeks.

It seems pretty obvious to ruck this season off, and then it buys time to hopefully be able to start afresh in August - be it BCD or whatever.

TheReligion

Abusive
Will definitely be interesting to follow yes, especially if Germany goes through with its envisaged re-start.

Players should be given some clarity by the end of May at the latest and preferably even faster. It's no use endangering them to train at facilities when the chances of finishing the season are becoming close to zero.
Judging by what's coming out of Germany today (infection rate surging back up) really can't see it happening. It seems the Dutch and French have called time on it and it won't be long before others follow suit.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
To toast Liverpool being awarded the league?
Or do you think we'll stumble our way into the champions league somehow?
Null and void fella.

Not fussed on Utd missing out on the Champ league if the scousers have to wait again, absolute no brainer.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's unlikely they'll void it altogether.
None of us know? It's clearly a prospect becoming more likely by the day.

Up until the last week or so i fancied them to finish it someway or another, now i'm not sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Null and void fella.

Not fussed on Utd missing out on the Champ league if the scousers have to wait again, absolute no brainer.
Unfortunately, I think the smart money is on awarding them the league.
Would be quite hard justifying not doing so with the lead I think, all allegiances aside.

They may well bottle relegations. But the European places is awkward.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Would be quite hard justifying not doing so with the lead I think, all allegiances aside.

You can't do one and not the other. Impossible.

arnie_ni

You cant award the team at the top the league then not promote the team top of the league below which means relagtions and promotions the whole way down. You have to have consistency

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You can't do one and not the other. Impossible.
You just went from "none of us know" to declaring a scenario "impossible" that has been proposed (and will likely be accepted soon) in Belgium, all in less than 5 minutes. Well done.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You just went from "none of us know" to declaring a scenario "impossible" that has been proposed (and will likely be accepted soon) in Belgium, all in less than 5 minutes. Well done.
None of us do know mate, I was just giving my opinion on it. Apologies, realise a difficult time for you :)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
None of us do know mate, I was just giving my opinion on it. Apologies, realise a difficult time for you :)
Not really, since none of my family or friends have been affected so far..

I agree that it's unlikely though. Maybe France will set an example, they also have a leader far ahead of the pack and one or two sides as good as relegated. Doesn't mean the PL has to follow suit obviously.

While I fear for null and void and would rather have it awarded based on current standings as final, it would just be for the stats anyway by then, so it's just the lesser of two evils by now.

arnie_ni

There's an article or tweet or something in here somewhere saying Belgium scrapped that idea today or yesterday

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
France voiding is a game changer no doubt.

I imagien Germany will still try to restart given how far down the road they are but can easily see Italy and Spain calling off in next few weeks and that makes things far easier for premier league to do the same.

TheReligion

Abusive
They won't just give Liverpool the league. Does anyone think the rest of the football league will accept that they'll miss out on promotion and European football just to let that lot win a title?

No chance. Whatever they decide will have to treat each team equally.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's like the Sky Sports presenter who was arguing with the others a few weeks ago on live TV was saying, it's nothing to do with how far in front Liverpool are or anything like that.
They have not yet mathematically won it, ergo awarding them the league when they haven't yet done so opens so many other things up for argument. For example, Sheffield United have played a game less than us and if they win that game in hand, they go above us in the table, so could easily argue that taking the table at the moment isn't fair. Villa the same at the bottom, as they have played a game less too. United could argue that City could be banned from the next CL season depending on what happens there, Nowich could argue that mathematically they haven't been relegated yet therefore that would be unfair to do so.

The whole thing is a mess, and I certainly don't envy the league's job of planning what to do. But a lot of things haven't been done from a mathematical standpoint, so awarding positions and so on based on current standings could open up a whole host of problems.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There's an article or tweet or something in here somewhere saying Belgium scrapped that idea today or yesterday
No we haven't, the decision (meant to be taken yesterday) is delayed until May 4th because there are still some unclear aspects regarding distribution of prize money and promotion/relegation.

The big country leagues are all waiting for somebody else to go first. Thankfully the French government have taken it out of their hands.

Hopefully the rest will follow suit. The PL will no doubt be the last as they'll do anything to keep their grasp on every last penny.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nister-demands-no-football-played-August.html

France's Ligue 1 and 2 seasons are CANCELLED as their prime minister demands that no football is played until August (with or without fans)... leaving PSG likely to take the title
  • Prime Minister Edouard Philippe is set to announce the next stage of lockdown
  • Plans had been formed in France for Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 to start on June 17
  • Philippe is expected to say that football will not be able to resume until August
  • UEFA has set an August 2 deadline for countries to complete domestic leagues
  • Now Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 will be cancelled on Tuesday due to the announcement
  • A meeting in May will decide final places, and promotion and relegation

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They won't just give Liverpool the league. Does anyone think the rest of the football league will accept that they'll miss out on promotion and European football just to let that lot win a title?

No chance. Whatever they decide will have to treat each team equally.
Why would Liverpool winning the league stop someone from getting European football?

AaronRedDevil

Just give Liverpool the title they can’t even celebrate and move onto the next season. As much as I’d prefer to play this season to the end. If it’s really impossible then get it over with.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
France voiding is a game changer no doubt.
They're just not finishing it, we'll only know next month whether it's effectively voided.

Well done to the French government though, they ain't fecking around.

SuperiorXI

They're just not finishing it, we'll only know next month whether it's effectively voided.

Well done to the French government though, they ain't fecking around.
I can't see how you can just stop the season mid-way and not void it. There's too many variables and what-ifs at hand.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Sport of any kind has been canceled until September in France. I'm shocked Italy hasn't already done that.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Sport of any kind has been canceled until September in France. I'm shocked Italy hasn't already done that.
Really? The Tour de France is set to begin August 29th. Feck sake.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Contact/team sport.

French Racing still hoping to get the go ahead for mid May. Can take place in rural France essentially untouched by the virus etc.