Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

El Zoido

There’s no way they’ll take the title away from Liverpool. They’ll play games behind closed doors long enough for them to wrap it up, then cancel it. It would be absolutely hilarious if the season was written off, but it would cause massive outrage to deny them the title.

Dinghy

Bet we'll get to see a few televised friendlies only, for the next 15-16 months. Gotta get myself a new hobby...

Flanders Devil

Things are spreading really quickly so I actually think this is going to be the last weekend of EPL football and expect it to be suspended, whether it will be cancelled completely is another story.
One can hope!

Surely if all games are suspended and there is a mathematical chance that someone can catch Liverpool, then they can’t award it to Liverpool.

Nogbadthebad

You're correct. The aim is slow slow slow until hopefully a vaccine and better testing is created.
It's not just about waiting for a vaccine (That;s 12 months away probably).

By slowing the spread over time, you lower the number of consecutive cases which helps the medical infrastructure.

As an example, if we have 20 spare ICU beds, and 100 people get the virus, if they all get it at once, there are not enough beds and nurses.

If those 100 get it over 6 months, and there are only 10 at once needed treatment, then the medical facility is never over capacity.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There’s no way they’ll take the title away from Liverpool. They’ll play games behind closed doors long enough for them to wrap it up, then cancel it. It would be hilarious if the season was written off, but it would cause massive outrage to deny them the title.
La Liga has just been suspended indefinitely, as has all European competitions. The PL will follow suit before long.

There is no way the FA will allow football to continue behind doors. What if a player contracted the virus during a game? I'm no legal expert, but I'm sure there is a lawsuit in there somewhere.

SirAnderson

McLaren has withdrawn from the Australian Grand Prix after a team member tested positive for the coronavirus, Formula 1 announced.

Not long till F1 is also suspended now.
It's going crazy.

SER19

It's not just about waiting for a vaccine (That;s 12 months away probably).

By slowing the spread over time, you lower the number of consecutive cases which helps the medical infrastructure.

As an example, if we have 20 spare ICU beds, and 100 people get the virus, if they all get it at once, there are not enough beds and nurses.

If those 100 get it over 6 months, and there are only 10 at once needed treatment, then the medical facility is never over capacity.
Yeah I know that's why I agreed with the post I quoted. All of this is to help our resources... And eventually there will hopefully be a vaccine

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
Everything getting suspended but my job.

I think it's fair to say everyone should be inside their homes getting paid. It's only logical.

Nogbadthebad

The shutins will inherit the earth.

Having jobs that take you all over the world and meet all kinds of interesting people doesn't seem such a good idea any more.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I didn't say it was a nice thing to say, but Liverpool winning the league won't bring them back.
It's moments like this that allow you to appreciate the finer things in life, like spending time with family, paid leave from work, and watching RAWK hit unheard of meltdown levels after it is announced Liverpool will not be winning the league title this season.

sp_107

I had a dream last night, someone faked it(virus) in Everton camp for the kicks to eliminate playing behind the doors option, so EPL committee called whole thing off with out a winner this year.

Was it a bad dream for a die hard UTD fan?

Nogbadthebad

Daily Mail but still :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Johnson-ramp-Britains-coronavirus-action.html

Boris Johnson says he WON'T ban mass gatherings or close schools in fight against coronavirus as health experts say government plan is to LET the disease spread slowly through UK so country gets 'herd immunity'.

Herd Immunity is a phrase used by eugenics racists and 'behavioral science' frauds.

Johnson is taking advice from cummings' nudge unit.

We are completely fecked.

redshaw

I think they will but I don't see them reacting to announcements in Spain.

Suspending La Liga is probably off more info of worsening numbers not yet announced along with some player containment. Currently 2277 cases and 55 deaths in Spain. We might have to hit a similar number and some players getting it for us to suspend the season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're gonna bin the league,
We're gonna bin the league!
And now you can't come near us,
now you can't come near us,
now you can't come near us,
We're gonna bin the league!

Goku23

If the league gets canceled I dont know how they will work out who get CL Europa etc unless they say what the table is now is the final table that would mean we need Citys ban to be upheld to get CL but don't see another way round it.

shaky

There’s no way they’ll take the title away from Liverpool. They’ll play games behind closed doors long enough for them to wrap it up, then cancel it. It would be absolutely hilarious if the season was written off, but it would cause massive outrage to deny them the title.
They aren't going to force other teams to play games just to suit Liverpool. If they make special dispensation for them, then they have to do the same for teams fighting over promotion/relegation and everything else. There are bigger issues than Liverpool winning or not winning the title. Maybe we can award them a "Nearly won the title 2019/20" trophy :lol:

UncleBob

Daily Mail but still :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Johnson-ramp-Britains-coronavirus-action.html

Boris Johnson says he WON'T ban mass gatherings or close schools in fight against coronavirus as health experts say government plan is to LET the disease spread slowly through UK so country gets 'herd immunity'.
If true, they are utter and complete idiots.
It's hitting fast and hard, just look at the increase in Norway and the measures we have to take over here.