Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Fridge chutney

Cancelling/voiding the season would cause huge problems though, for all sorts of reasons. You have to resume the season irregardless of how long it takes.
Hate to break it to you, but yes, pandemics do cause huge problems. The season does not have to be resumed, especially not irregardless of how long it takes. What sort of bizarre logic is that?

Regarding your box set analogy, so I really need to explain to you why that isn't the same thing at all?

Judas

Open to offers
Football in this country doesn't revolve around Liverpool, as much their fans seem to struggle with that, and a bizarre amount on here seem to as well, the end result will be what's best for the majority and not just them.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
June is apparently going to be peak time for this virus, although the number of cases is flying up as we speak. Social gathering will be the next ban in the UK, or whatever you want to call it. And it'll be within weeks, along with school closures i bet. Sporting events and leagues are being postponed/cancelled, concerts, flights etc.

If events and conerts etc are still being postponed in June at peak time, which they most likely will, the season will not continue. It simply cant. The FA, Premier league and club owners/players are not going to want to risk it

Fridge chutney

Football in this country doesn't revolve around Liverpool, as much their fans seem to struggle with that, and a bizarre amount on here seem to as well, the end result will be what's best for the majority and not just them.
What are you talking about? If you don't agree that we should just ceremoniously give Liverpool the title, well the Oliver Holt has a few words for you!

M16Red

games get rearranged all the time.

such a poor argument you have here. In theory if the Utd/ spurs match was played in 8 weeks time, then Utd would have Pogba and Rashford back as well - both currently injured.
In fact Pogba is training.

I just think that playing Tottenham without Son and Kane after dropping out of the EPL would be an advantage to us (Utd). Them (Tottenham) getting a 2 week break could slow our momentum and gain on there's. That is the point of the EPL it's reflective of injuries see City for example or lack of them see Liverpoo.

Alas players and fans safety is the biggest importance, in two weeks it'll be worse.. two weeks ago in italy 1,701 vs today 21,157.

stevoc

Logic is not my biggest strength? Says the guy who contradicts his own argument by saying Liverpool aren't mathematically champions, but the also says even if you have a lead of 40 points after 37 games yo are still not champions? Where's the logic there!

I know the league is not only about 1 team which is why I have said that my preference is for the league to be resumed as soon as it is safe to do so, however long it takes.
Whats your 2nd preference if it can't out of interest?

stevoc

Just look around this forum. Most people can see how harsh it is on liverpool. It has been the most one sided league in a very long time. And it's not just liverpool being crowned champions. It's when you take the issue of premier league winners with champions league contestants and relegation teams as a whole. On what principle could could decide who are going to be in the champions league and not who are the champions?

They wont want to just appeal to previous seasons or a weird 'average' points score. It's so unprofessional. The one way to deal with all three issues is to finish the season somehow.

So I'd say yes, accumulating all of the issues including how close liverpool are to becoming champions, I'd say the authorities are strongly inclined to try and finish the season rather than make it void.
Easy if this season never happened then defer to last seasons finish positions.

Greck

Not worried about Pool being given a honorary title. The FA might as well make the trophy of such a pointless 'accolade' with a 3d printer. The kind of bragging right no one is envious of

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
«The idea that the season should be void is little more than a malign fantasy peddled by those trying to weaponise a pandemic to stop a rival team and its supporters claiming what is rightfully theirs.» - Oliver Holt.

What a pathetic man he is.
He's a dick at the best of times and likes to make grand declarations based on his own opinions.

Just looked at some of the replies and someone politely disagreed it'd be unfair to just give Liverpool the title. Holts reply....

"Stick to stats, Joe. You've reached your intellectual limit"

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What are you on about, if we played them today they would be without Son and Kane, also a drumming for LP? Now we play them after 2 1/2 weeks extra training (if they are training) with injured players back. That is a unforeseen advantage, hell they could fly to Brazil for some warm weather training.

I just told you, people with money are getting tested privately - I've never seen a footballer for Utd or City sat in A&E in MRI on match day, they all have private doctors. Do you really think a 80 million pound investment would be calling 111?
Jesus you just don't get it. It's disadvantagous for Spurs that they're injured in the first place. Them having players back just evens it out between the two clubs (I.e. Them being able to play their best team to see who is better). By the time we reschedule, if we did, we'd have Pogba back. Big feck.

Also I don't give two fecks what you're telling me, you need a home kit or you need to have symptoms to get tested. If it were possible for all clubs to test their players 2 weeks ago they sure as feck would have. Read the reports by Athletic. They wanted to, but couldn't unless their players showed symptoms. Now of course they can, because players are in direct contact with existing cases.

Your MD example means feck all. He would have been in contact with a case for him to be tested, privately or publically.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's embarrassing small time behavior! The desperation to stop Liverpool knows no bounds!
It’s not stopping them. You havnt bloody win anything And there’s a world wide epidemic (Unfortunately) . Gutting! It’s not hard to understand

Hahahahaha Hahahaha

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Whats your 2nd preference if it can't out of interest?
That is the only fair outcome I can think of?

It could actually make for a really good finish actually as all the teams will have had the same rest period and will have their players back from Injury.

The ideas of voiding the season, finishing it as it is or even the idea of making Liverpool Champions but then not deciding anything else will lead to too many angry clubs.

As I've mentioned before there is no realistic argument that could be made to suggest that Liverpool wouldn't get the remaining 6 points they need, and or City wouldn't win all 10 of their games, but it should be played out to its conclusion.

There is no point in starting a new season before you complete this season. Anybody advocating for a void season is effectively saying they never want league football to be played again.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

It could actually make for a really good finish actually as all the teams will have had the same rest period and will have their players back from Injury.

The ideas of voiding the season, finishing it as it is or even the idea of making Liverpool Champions but then not deciding anything else will lead to too many angry clubs.

As I've mentioned before there is no realistic argument that could be made to suggest that Liverpool wouldn't get the remaining 6 points they need, and or City wouldn't win all 10 of their games, but it should be played out to its conclusion.

There is no point in starting a new season before you complete this season. Anybody advocating for a void season is effectively saying they never want league football to be played again.
You’re too good

lsd

The Oracle
The season is over . Either void it or give liverpool the cup I couldn't care less .

The isn't the time to try and argue over football

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

This is lifting spirits in these troubling times haha.

SirAF

Ageist
He's a dick at the best of times and likes to make grand declarations based on his own opinions.

Just looked at some of the replies and someone politely disagreed it'd be unfair to just give Liverpool the title. Holts reply....

"Stick to stats, Joe. You've reached your intellectual limit"

Yeah, I saw that. Tit!

SirAF

Ageist

:lol:

0le

What if they continue the season in winter without a transfer window occuring in summer 2020. All players valid to play for this current season (2019/2020) can continue to play as a one-off due to circumstances. Finish the season in winter 2020 as well as all cup competitions within about 8 weeks. Hold the EURO's in the spring 2021, then have a long summer break with a transfer window (2021) to sort out player contracts and then continue the 2021/2022 season as normal. All TV rights/sponsorships extended by a year to account for the "lost" 2020/2021 season.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I don't think anyone expected this , like forever. That's why its an unprecedented scenario, its not just the PL, I think no other league has a plan for such scenario and people have no clue how to deal with this or what will happen.

I am pretty sure, after this, there will be a clause in the league and also in players contracts in the case of a league suspension/cancellation.

I can see only two options, somehow finish the league or cancel it all together. The inbetween half cooked options would be unfair for one team or another.
In any legal or contractual document there is a standard provision for vis major and Act of God. We had the 1918 Spanish flu which killed between 50 and 100 million people, and we had two world wars which led to lengthy disruption of football. So any sports lawyer or administrator who could not foresee the possibility of such disasters in future has to be desperately daft. There is absolutely no excuse for omitting disaster clauses from the rules governing football or any other sports leagues or sports competitions.

M16Red

Jesus you just don't get it. It's disadvantagous for Spurs that they're injured in the first place. Them having players back just evens it out between the two clubs (I.e. Them being able to play their best team to see who is better). By the time we reschedule, if we did, we'd have Pogba back. Big feck.

Also I don't give two fecks what you're telling me, you need a home kit or you need to have symptoms to get tested. If it were possible for all clubs to test their players 2 weeks ago they sure as feck would have. Read the reports by Athletic. They wanted to, but couldn't unless their players showed symptoms. Now of course they can, because players are in direct contact with existing cases.

Your MD example means feck all. He would have been in contact with a case for him to be tested, privately or publically.
I've never said anything about a home testing kit (that was you) . I thought the only way to check was with a microscope?

He didn't get tested because he's been in contact with anyone, he did it because he's a paranoid person and over 50.

I get your point about being unluckily to get injured, but is it not normal for players to get injured in a season? it happens, but a two week break is not and will/could change the come of a match that would have happened two weeks earlier.

Laporte for example is injured, be might ready for the Chelsea game, also Sane and KB will have two weeks extra training as they are just getting back. Now is that an advantage for City? You bet it is.

Anyway your boring me now..

Your right.

stevoc

But thats not what i asked you though.

What would you prefer to happen if the current season cannot be finished?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've never said anything about a home testing kit (that was you) . I thought the only way to check was with a microscope?

He didn't get tested because he's been in contact with anyone, he did it because he's a paranoid person and over 50.

I get your point about being unluckily to get injured, but is it not normal for players to get injured in a season? it happens, but a two week break is not and will/could change the come of a match that would have happened two weeks earlier.

Laporte for example is injured, be might ready for the Chelsea game, also Sane and KB will have two weeks extra training as they are just getting back. Now is that an advantage for City? You bet it is.

Anyway your boring me now..

Your right.
I know I am. Your mental gymnastic is tiresome talking about teams who are terrible unlucky with injuries, able to welcome back their players and you suggest they're at "an advantage" :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

This is just one scouser losing his shit over the prospect of Liverpool being denied the title, can you imagine how RAWK will react if it ever gets officially confirmed?

It's gonna be one massive party of funnies. The memes, the Hiter Youtube videos, Rafa crying, Brenda laughing, Gerrard petitioning, the RAWK thread, the popcorn, the beer, on and on it goes. I can't wait.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
There is no guarantee Utd would get Champions league football next year either!

We have no more automatic right to something than liverpool do, no club does.

Null and void the season has everyone gaining nothing and loosing nothing they have not won.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Should also be said that when Munich happened nobody awarded Utd a trophy for being close but failing to reach the required points/wins because of a tragic event.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
I think you should only void a season if most of it hasn’t being played yet - when the outcome is impossible to predict. That would feel fair to everyone involved.
But when its 3/4 done, voiding it would open a can of worms. It should be played whenever its possible even if it means it’ll shorten the next season - I think thats the most plausible outcome.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Anybody advocating for a void season is effectively saying they never want league football to be played again.
Lines like this is why fans of all other teams eagerly log on to RAWK whenever something goes wrong for your boys.

This really ought to go on your tombstone.

Last edited:

stevoc

I think you should only void a season if most of it hasn’t being played yet - when the outcome is impossible to predict. That would feel fair to everyone involved.
But when its 3/4 done, voiding it would open a can of worms. It should be played whenever its possible even if it means it’ll shorten the next season - I think thats the most plausible outcome.
And playing the rest of it after June wouldn't open lots of other cans of worms?

Lots of players will be out of contract that should have been part of this seasons squads. Lots of players will be fit again that would have been injured otherwise and thats before we even get to the transfer window. If players leave because their contracts are up then there has to be a transfer window to replace them, so this season gets a 3rd transfer window? Would that be fair on everyone?

And all this before even considering how it would affect next season and the seasons after, there are ramifications for football if this season is resumed after a suspension. And those ramifications become exponential the longer the suspension lasts.

While i would prefer to see this season finished my gut feeling is the longer the suspension lasts the chance of it being resumed dwindles by the day. If it gets past June/July i can't see it ever being re-started personally.

Oh dear.

nothing like ignoring the reality we face.

There is a cut off, otherwise if it goes into the summer clubs will have a different makeup to their squads as a whole load of players will be out of contract!!

unfortunately you are too emotional, and that’s understandable given you are a Liverpool supporter to contemplate any outcome that means Liverpool don’t win the title. However you need to think about the fact there are 91 other clubs in England, and we need to look at the bigger picture both from a football perspective, but more importantly from a societal perspective.