Cricket:India's tour of England 2011

Spoony

The People's President
Is this about Dravid's dismissal? I did hear a nick, to be fair. It's upto the umpires to decided whether the evidence is sufficient enough.

And I've got a bit of man love for The Wall.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Is this about Dravid's dismissal? I did hear a nick, to be fair. It's upto the umpires to decided whether the evidence is sufficient enough.

And I've got a bit of man love for The Wall.
It was out

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Praveen bowling very well & gets another wicket. England 21-2.

What's this about the Indian parliament & Nasser Hussain? The Sky commentators were discussing it but I didn't hear the entire conversation.

KM

Praveen bowling very well & gets another wicket. England 21-2.

What's this about the Indian parliament & Nasser Hussain? The Sky commentators were discussing it but I didn't hear the entire conversation.
Don't know about the Indian Parliament, but Hussain on Indian commentary called few of the Indian fielders Donkeys which has created a controversy over here.

KM

So one time in the whole series, when India has looked remotely like winning, Rain has interrupted :mad:

ha_rooney

Don't know about the Indian Parliament, but Hussain on Indian commentary called few of the Indian fielders Donkeys which has created a controversy over here.
Ah right. I'm sure he didn't mean anything other than criticising the Indian fielding but he might get a slap on the wrist. To be fair the Indian (and sub-continent) fielding does leave a lot to be desired.

KM

Controversy why?
Controversy in the sense that few attention hogging Ministers has taken this moment to come out in lime light. Was a wrong thing to say btw.

KM

Ah right. I'm sure he didn't mean anything other than criticising the Indian fielding but he might get a slap on the wrist. To be fair the Indian (and sub-continent) fielding does leave a lot to be desired.
Yup it was said in this context only. Wrong thing to say, but not worthy of being discussed in parliament(if that's what has happened). Certainly created some headlines over there though.

KM

Anyways just seen Ojha's bowling figures against Northamptonshire. Took 6 wickets for 8 runs in 16 overs.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Think we were lucky today with this rain, can't see us topping 275.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Another instance where technology fails. And people blame the BCCI for not embracing it.
Technology will not enable 100% success. But if it improves it from 80% to 90% then why not.

Its the same problem that football has.

Adzzz

Staff
No result hehe, India just can't catch a break at the moment.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:

This has to be the tour from hell. Most of the team is now sitting games out and when we finally put in a performance rain comes to spoil it. What a tour.

KM

Sachin, Gambhir, Sehwag, Yuvi, Sharma, Pujara, Harbhajan, Zak, Ishant, Nehra

Add a wicket keeper in here and our injured Xi will thrash our current xi

Adzzz

Staff
Controversy in the sense that few attention hogging Ministers has taken this moment to come out in lime light. Was a wrong thing to say btw.
I see, but why is it a wrong thing to say? It's hardly offensive, just means they need to look at themselves and improve.

Adzzz

Staff
Some county cricket 40/40's on SS4 at the moment if anyone is bored with no footy on the tele.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
BBC Sport - India batsman Sachin Tendulkar ruled out of ODI series

India batsman Sachin Tendulkar has been ruled out of the one-day series with England because of a toe injury.

The 38-year-old missed Saturday's first game at Chester-le-Street - which was abandoned as a no result - with the injury and is facing four weeks out.

Tendulkar, who has hit 99 international centuries, will now have to wait until England tour India in October for the chance to score a 100th ton.

The injury-ravaged tourists have decided not to call up a replacement.

The second game in the five-match series is scheduled to take place at The Rose Bowl on Tuesday.

India scored 274-7 in Saturday's opening game and had England struggling at 27-2 in their reply when the rain came, leaving the tourists still searching for their first international win of the tour.

As well as suffering a 4-0 whitewash in the Test series, they were also beaten in the only Twenty20 international at Old Trafford last week.

Injuries have hit India hard during the latter stages of the tour, with Virender Sehwag, Zaheer Khan, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Ishant Sharma, Harbhajan Singh and Rohit Sharma already ruled out.

ha_rooney

Finally getting some cricket, 23 overs each side.

Morgan out for the rest of the series is a big blow for England. Trott not playing today is a big suprise, a very good player in good form and a much better option than Bopara imo.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Morgan out for the rest of the series is a big blow for England. Trott not playing today is a big suprise, a very good player in good form and a much better option than Bopara imo.
They couldn't play both Cook and Trott at the top order in what is essentially a Twenty20 game. Since Cook is captain, Trott was always going to get dropped.

ha_rooney

Brilliant catch from Bell!

India finish on 187/8.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Seems too easy to me, can't the cricketers show the footballers how its done? Surely they can teach them something about team spirit or something?
Agree, it also seems so much easier to support the cricketers, they all seem like nice lads and don't constantly moan at officials or get into the shit that the footballers do. I'm supporting Scotland at the moment as there is no way I'm supporting a team captained by Terry.

Adzzz

Staff
feck sake, I stopped watching at around half four or so, then watched the boring fecking England match and missed this.

feck.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
We should just book the next flight and get the feck back.

The fecking CLT20 starts in two weeks. What a joke.

Adzzz

Staff
Anderson get's Rahane on an outside edge! Pitch is good for swing!

Adzzz

Staff
Good throw, Dravid's ran out. Brilliant fielding from Anderson

Adzzz

Staff
Fecking hell, Anderson bowls him clear. Patel gone, well gone.

fanutd

Not looking good for India at all. Certainly carrying their test form into the ODI's

Adzzz

Staff
Indeed, it's 14-3 and Anderson is in dangerous form this afternoon.