Cricket:India's tour of England 2011

eric le roi

So from this morning's session of losing no wickets to losing 7 wickets for 21 runs in less than an hour. Brilliant.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
There is nothing to laugh about that, there is seriously a lack of top class spinners around the world after the departure of Warne and Murali. Any decent spinner could have got 5 wickets today.

And, England fully deserved 4-0 - India played like Zimbabwe or even worse.

phelans shorts

I'm hardly under-estimating England. I've stated that it's going to be a tough series. The poster which I responded said England is gonna win the series 2-0. You guys are kidding yourself if you think that it's gonna be that, If that's under-estimating England, then fair enough.
I think that you may have underestimated us tbh.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think that you may have underestimated us tbh.
Sure I did.

Although loads of geniuses will come out and gloat, but nobody even the staunchest of English fans could've predicted this series result.

Sir A1ex

Any decent spinner could have got 5 wickets today.
Not so sure about that.

He may not be a Warne or Murali (who is, or even has been in the whole of cricket history?), but Swann is a very, very good bowler, and after being limited by a summer of swingy English conditions has just re-affirmed that he's the best spinner around at the moment.

Red Pavan

Not so sure about that.

He may not be a Warne or Murali (who is, or even has been in the whole of cricket history?), but Swann is a very, very good bowler, and after being limited by a summer of swingy English conditions has just re-affirmed that he's the best spinner around at the moment.
That's what i said, the best of a bad bunch. Only one closest is Bhaji and he's had an awful 1-2 years.

VP

Wow that was pathetic, less spine than an arsenal team in a run in. Has to be the worst no. 1 team in the history of sport.

WC must've been fixed...

Red Pavan

Wow that was pathetic, less spine than an arsenal team in a run in. Has to be the worst no. 1 team in the history of sport.

WC must've been fixed...
I think India will win the ODI Series 3-2 though. We are a better One day side but lets hope the ODIs will be much closer and i am pretty sure they will be.

Hopefully.. :nervous:

Sir A1ex

Although loads of geniuses will come out and gloat, but nobody even the staunchest of English fans could've predicted this series result.
I think most england fans thought we could and would win this, but 4-0, with two victories by an innings... no, you're right about that!

I'm not sure I can remember any team winning a series against any other team so convincingly... we only lost 47 wickets in a 4 match series, bowled out just twice - total it up and we won by two innings, 13 wickets and 765 runs :wenger:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think India will win the ODI Series 3-2 though. We are a better One day side but lets hope the ODIs will be much closer and i am pretty sure they will be.

Hopefully.. :nervous:
Who cares?

If you beat us 5-0 no-one over here would be arsed.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Limited overs isn't proper cricket. No real cricket fan cares about it.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'll definitely take a passing interest in the ODIs but I won't be following it in the same way as the test series even if the ODI's should be more competitive.

I'm not an Indian fan but I hope the BCCI takes a massive inquiry into the poor performance of India. Fact of the matter is the world needs a strong Indian side.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I've always thought they should have the ODIs before the test series. That way more people will actually be interested as it serves as a build up to the main event. As it turns out I couldn't give a damn if we end up losing the ODI series.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I've always thought they should have the ODIs before the test series. That way more people will actually be interested as it serves as a build up to the main event. As it turns out I couldn't give a damn if we end up losing the ODI series.
I wish they'd scrap all the ODI's and just play a few more test matches in a year.

Spoony

The People's President
Hard to call it that... in fact I've definitely enjoyed it. But the entertainment was definitely a novelty thing and I wouldn't want it to become the norm. Wasn't a patch on recent Ashes series... especially, of course, 2005.:drool:
Only one side competed, that was the problem, and in the end I was past caring. Not exactly the best advert for Test cricket, if anything perhaps another nail in the coffin.

Sir A1ex

I wish they'd scrap all the ODI's and just play a few more test matches in a year.
They certainly may as well up the number of T20s in place of ODIs. For me, ODIs are pretty redundant now - T20 and tests are pretty much entirely different sports, which I watch in an entirely different way (ie you can pretty much get home form work and watch a T20 like a footy match). ODIs just seem a pointless middle ground.

Test matches remain where it's at though.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Same here, I wouldn't be too fussed if it went. I don't mind T20 as it's a bit of a laugh and for 3 hours after work it's not a bad gig.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Injuries or no injuries that was an appalling and embarrassing show. I am also very disappointed that we were robbed off, what could have been a great series.

eric le roi

What happened to the old-style tours where a side would come here and play a couple of county sides, a couple of Presidents XI sides, a couple of ODI's and then a 5 or 6 match test series, all lasting a total of about three months? Them were the days etc etc.

But yeah ODIs are not cricket.