g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cricket

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Bringing down the Gabba eh. Legendary win.

Had Utd brought down Anfield and followed by this, I would have died of happiness.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Surely they'll drop Starc now and bring in Pattinson who's just class. Also should honestly bring in Maxwell for Wade. Have no clue about Aussie's spinner but Zampa is very good against India in LOI.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Can't say I know who the alternatives are but as an England fan I'd be quite pleased if Lyon is still in the team at the end of the year.
For pace bowling Pattinson or Jhye Richardson, With full Victorian bias I want it to be Patto

Swepson from Queensland would be the next picked spinner

Surely they'll drop Starc now and bring in Pattinson who's just class. Also should honestly bring in Maxwell for Wade. Have no clue about Aussie's spinner but Zampa is very good against India in LOI.
Maxwell is on Langers shitlist despite going back to first class and scoring runs, Zampa is strictly a limited overs bowler, he is not getting picked in First Class cricket.

Interval

Level
Yeah, your passion manifests in horrible ways, like I said. Where’s the grace? I might not have assumed the worst if you weren’t such an asshole to converse with in here every single time. I do truly hope I’m wrong re resentment, I just really doubt I am.
You need to understand the context. For most 25-35 year old posters here, their childhood was watching India going toe to toe with a less than graceful, but all conquering Australian team. 2003-07 tests, sledging in Australia, Harbhajan abuse etc at a time when bar Ganguly, it was an Indian team of gentleman, means generally Australian team is reviled here.

As someone who really doesn't support one particular team in cricket, it's not surprising to see it. Especially when you'll are shit right now and that Australian team itself is poorly behaved when sledged.

Tl;Dr: Made your bed 15 yrs ago. Gotta take it now.

TheGame

Btw, strongly disagree with anyone who's saying this is a weak aussie team.

Weakpoints are Paine, Wade and Starc has been horrendous. Green and Puckovski are good talents. Paine is genuinely a shit captain and wicketkeeper.
Their openers aside from Puckovski have also been weak during the series. Warner still carrying an injury but nothing compared to the India changes so they have no excuses.

romufc

Amazing from India that. Without their main bowlers, their best batsmen and leader.

Gill showed real class all series.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What an effort by India! Not just dealing with the injury issues but to comeback after being bowled out for 36 in the first game & without Kohli. Great mentality & to do it in Australia.

Australia though :lol:

KM

Hilariously this will be the last time this XI will ever play a test match together.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Warner will probably retire after next summers ashes and just play T20s

I think he will be content playing IPL, Big bash and in England.

jungledrums

You need to understand the context. For most 25-35 year old posters here, their childhood was watching India going toe to toe with a less than graceful, but all conquering Australian team. 2003-07 tests, sledging in Australia, Harbhajan abuse etc at a time when bar Ganguly, it was an Indian team of gentleman, means generally Australian team is reviled here.

As someone who really doesn't support one particular team in cricket, it's not surprising to see it. Especially when you'll are shit right now and that Australian team itself is poorly behaved when sledged.

I didn’t make any bed, the players did. I’ve been one of the biggest critics - in this thread - of the Australian cricket team both with regard to their performance as well as their conduct. People should have the maturity to separate criticism of the team with animosity towards fans of said team.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Imagine Pant being in and out of this team since his heroics in 2018 (Eng and Aus). The fact that he wasn't even in the first test shows how stupid our management can be.

Unbelievable. People here seem to be hesitating in calling this our greatest performance. I think we've eclipsed Kolkata 01/02. This is our greatest ever test performance. Gill and Pant are fecking special. Rahane is a magnificent captain.

KM

Imagine Pant being in and out of this team since his heroics in 2018 (Eng and Aus). The fact that he wasn't even in the first test shows how stupid our management can be.

Unbelievable. People here seem to be hesitating in calling this our greatest performance. I think we've eclipsed Kolkata 01/02. This is our greatest ever test performance. Gill and Pant are fecking special. Rahane is a magnificent captain.
No hesitation from my end. It's our greatest test win and series win ever.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
I dont think India is alone with stupid cricket management. Pant must always play though, He can be India's Gilchrist.

This has aged superbly in just over a week :drool:
Paine makes me so angry, Cant bat, cant captain cant even sledge well.

NinjaFletch

What a win by India. :eek:

One of the greatest of all time?

I'm struggling to think of any better.

kiristao

Still hold the miracle at Eden Gardens pretty close to my heart. But this match is up there. As a series win it might just be the best ever.
Eden Gardens win was magical no doubt considering the situation we were in and who it was against. Why I rate this win higher though, is that we could have played for a draw as we would retain the trophy but we showed guts to go for it. That for me, makes this even more special.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Still hold the miracle at Eden Gardens pretty close to my heart. But this match is up there. As a series win it might just be the best ever.
I get you. That win is historic in many ways and will always be remembered fondly.

Today, we won a series with a bowling line up that had less than 10 wickets before this match. Going away from home and winning a match is hard enough, winning a series is even harder but to do it without your best batsman and best bowler and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th best bowlers is incredible.

We beat Australia 2-1 last time round and they said it didn't count because of the injuries. We now beat their best XI with a mix or our 2nd and 3rd team. Un-fecking-believable.

Haddock

I don't think Australia are 'shit'. They just aren't stacked from 1-11 the way they were. In Cummins, Smith, Labuschange and Warner they have world class players.

Oh the theories Indians have spun over the years for their lack of success. It's a bit like the Italians saying they were shorter than every one else which explained their bad results or Gordon Strachan claiming that Scots are 'genetically behind'.

"We are genetically weak and soft, we lack the physique and aggression to compete.Take a look at Kumble with his glasses. Now look at Ambrose and Donald. etc" I bet every Indian poster here has heard some variation on this from a relative.

Brian MacMillan once said "If you play against the Australians you can bash one another out on the field and have a beer afterwards. The English are a little different, if you give them a go they think you are the biggest so-and-so under the sun and they won't have a beer with you. You can abuse the Indians all day long, they just nod their heads and carry on."

Well that's gone now. Like you say, barring Ganguly and Harbhajan the rest of the team were docile characters. Imagine Dravid telling anyone anything. Someone like Ashwin won't start sledging anyone but he can be a prick and jump in if he needs to.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Eden Gardens win was magical no doubt considering the situation we were in and who it was against. Why I rate this win higher though, is that we could have played for a draw as we would retain the trophy but we showed guts to go for it. That for me, makes this even more special.
Agreed. I would have happily taken the draw at Tea break. For me Eden Gardens ranks higher because following-on on the 3rd day, and being 4 down at the end of days play, meant there was no chance of us winning. And having seen the entire test match from the beginning to the end, the result would always be special and the most important win for us as far as I am concerned.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Absolutely- from days of Sachin waging a lone battle against Aussies with suspect umpires in early 2000, India failing to achieve 120 target in Windies, white washes in Oz/Eng, 1-1 test series draw in Zimbabwe, Chennai heartbreak against Pak and the assumed white washes for Eng/Oz away series to this ...
You forgot the hammering SA gave us in 1996 - 97. 100 & 66 in the first test at Durban; Sachin and Azhar's fabulous innings at Centurion in the 2nd test, which we still lost by massive score; Think the 3rd test at Wanderers was washed out - though Dravid got his maiden 100 and we were in a decent position, we would have found a way to lose that match too.

MDFC Manager

I think going for the win was the right thing to do as well, towards the end Australia didnt know whether to attack or defend and that played into our hands.