Television Criminal Minds

wr8_utd

:'(
Anyone watch it? Just found some episodes of Season 1 and watched the first episode. Was decent enough.
Anyone watch this consistently?

maldini

I do, fantastic show at its day but it feels like they're running out of ideas. Some of the cases aren't even "serial killers", and if they are, it's more stupid than freaky.

Look out for the spin-off coming soon, starring Forest Whitaker.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I do, fantastic show at its day but it feels like they're running out of ideas. Some of the cases aren't even "serial killers", and if they are, it's more stupid than freaky.

Look out for the spin-off coming soon, starring Forest Whitaker.
To be fair, the FBI's Behavioural Science Unit does not work expressly on cases involving serial killers. The BAU used in the series is a bit incorrect.

Criminals is a good show, pretty entertaining stuff but getting a bit long in the tooth now, after the stuff with Hotch and The Reaper there's not much left to explore...except JJs nether-regions :drool:

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
To be fair, the FBI's Behavioural Science Unit does not work expressly on cases involving serial killers. The BAU used in the series is a bit incorrect.

Criminals is a good show, pretty entertaining stuff but getting a bit long in the tooth now, after the stuff with Hotch and The Reaper there's not much left to explore...except JJs nether-regions :drool:

not anymore doc.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm a bit surprised that this thread is that short as CM is an amazing show.I have been watching it for the last couple of months and I just finished to watch the 100th episode (Season 5 episode 9).I'm left with this very bad feeling in my stomach, not many shows (if any at all) can make me feel for the characters so much in that manner.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's a good show but it's got far far too many seasons and episodes for me to get into now. I just watch random episodes and still like it.

kouroux

It is long indeed but it's difficult to get original in terms of the crimes committed by the unsubs.I thought I would never warm to the Rossi character but having just finished the 5th season last night, I find him to be an ok/good character.Gideon was great though

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
It is long indeed but it's difficult to get original in terms of the crimes committed by the unsubs.I thought I would never warm to the Rossi character but having just finished the 5th season last night, I find him to be an ok/good character.Gideon was great though
Gideon struck me as a bit pompous. Rossi is a bit more believable as a character. I don't know what happened when they took out most of the classic cast and replaced them with Forrest Whitaker and a few more famous folk for 1 series and then realised they messed up and returned the old cast.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Gideon struck me as a bit pompous. Rossi is a bit more believable as a character. I don't know what happened when they took out most of the classic cast and replaced them with Forrest Whitaker and a few more famous folk for 1 series and then realised they messed up and returned the old cast.
They didn't. It was a spin-off and they made their intro in one of the CM episodes.

kouroux

They didn't replace them, it was a poorly written spin-off.I watched a few episodes but couldn't get into it as I thought it was just shit.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
They didn't. It was a spin-off and they made their intro in one of the CM episodes.
Oh right. I only watched a few minutes and thought they had wrecked the original set up.

kouroux

I just watched the 12th episode of seasons 8 and I honestly don't understand what the feck were the writers thinking of in the end :houllier:.
All of this story to finish it like that ??

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I've still got the joy of 7 to watch, then 8. I overdosed last year so was giving it a break.

What's up with the Red Cell one though? Some decent enough stories, but who the feck did the casting? Talk about ruin a decent chance of a spin off with the most overacting, uninteresting and generally add odds with each other cast.

kouroux

The Red Cell was really poor because mainly people hated the new characters.Nothing mostly interesting about them.
I miss the feeling of watching the first two season for the first time.I miss the Gideon character

Redlambs

The Red Cell was really poor because mainly people hated the new characters.Nothing mostly interesting about them.
I miss the feeling of watching the first two season for the first time.I miss the Gideon character
Yeah the characters were easy, piss poor writing. I mean a quiet one, a prison one, a foreigner lady's man one, an emotional and mysterious leader. They are all smarter more controlled than the FBI head who despite being a profiler is old and past it. It's like t.v by numbers.

However, the casting was worse. It's not bad enough his wonky eye makes him look like more of the suspect than the actual suspects with wonky eyes, but what the feck is the dry crying in every scene from Whitaker?

I fear for the episode where someone gets killed on a farm by shooting, and the bullet penetrates a cows udder in the field behind. He'll have a heart attack shooting that scene!

manutddjw

I just watched the 12th episode of seasons 8 and I honestly don't understand what the feck were the writers thinking of in the end :houllier:.
All of this story to finish it like that ??
I thought it was a good ending and will probably morph into a change in Reid's character in the coming episodes.

Remember the main story this season is about the copycat and wasn't about Reid's girlfriend so I thought it was a good way to finish it off.

kouroux

It just seemed a bit pointless to have made such a big deal of this girl to finish her off like that.A lot of fans on different are left confused.It's like the entire members of the BAU are plagued with personal tragedies.

Count Orduck

I found the later series of Criminal Minds kind of... fecked up. I'm sure at the start is was more like CSI - they find a body, investigate the serial killer then catch him before he strikes again. But in the later series, they tend to open the episode with a really graphic and unpleasant scene of someone being horribly murdered. It's like they all really love Eli Roth films.

Also, Mandy Patinki was the star of the show and it lost its way a bit when he left. But then, he's prone to doing that; he's known as an actor who'll just walk out halfway through a series because he's bored of it.

Keltoi

I don't know how you guys can watch this. Most formulaic show I've ever seen.
I enjoy it but youre right it does seem to follow the line of, start of episode someone gets killed, team get called in, another body found, someone else gets taken, team confront killer in end of episode stand off where he uses the captured person as human shield.

kouroux

The aspect of the show I love the most is when they deliver these profiles and specially the psychological aspect of it.The first two seasons were immense for that.
There was a great graph I saw on a forum once, basically with each passing season, the number of episodes in which the face and identity of the unsub would be known early in the show increases.
This has lead to a general decrease of the show, season by season.I loved the mystery surrounding the identity of the killers and how the team would work their way towards figuring out who he/she is.Now there is nothing, it's too easy and predictable

Keltoi

The serial killer storyline was great a few seasons back (we're he and the women jump in front of the train in the end)

I like the personal life stuff, I miss yer one Emily Printess, looked great in red ;) But her storyline with the terrorist stuff was really enjoyable too.

Having just caught up I feel it was a tad pointless to build up the storyline so long with the Maeve girl only to end it so suddenly like that.

Redlambs

The first three seasons of so are immense.

It's rubbish to call it the most formulaic, but it certainly is (like all tv series over 3 or 4 seasons) struggling for ideas and probably should have ended a while ago.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The first three seasons of so are immense.

It's rubbish to call it the most formulaic, but it certainly is (like all tv series over 3 or 4 seasons) struggling for ideas and probably should have ended a while ago.
How is it rubbish? I've watched several seasons of it. Every episode starts with the serial killer killing a few people and then snatching the next person. Then the team gets called in and goes through their procedures. They eventually find the guy within seconds of him killing his next victim and Reed talks about some childhood trauma that makes the serial killer let his victims go.

Redlambs

How is it rubbish? I've watched several seasons of it. Every episode starts with the serial killer killing a few people and then snatching the next person. Then the team gets called in and goes through their procedures. They eventually find the guy within seconds of him killing his next victim and Reed talks about some childhood trauma that makes the serial killer let his victims go.
Yeah later on, but THE most formulaic? That CSi shit is worse for a start.

Mind you, I only really watch it now because I don't really get to watch much tv these days and I liked the first couple of series when it was more open.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The serial killer storyline was great a few seasons back (we're he and the women jump in front of the train in the end)
With Lundy from Dexter? (I know you're banned now)

I've just started watching this recently, up to S3 E3 just after Mandy left. I don't get how the actor wouldn't have known what he was getting himself into when starting filming.