5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

In just over a month he’ll be 37 years old. He might not be ready to admit it but tough shit! Time waits for no man!
He won't be seeing that.... this is a world where Brady(44) is probably going to win the NFL MVP and last years winner was 37, LeBron's still elite - also 37, Tiger's somehow remarkably talking about another part time comeback at 46 and like what? 8 career ending injuries, he also won the Masters somehow on the last comeback at 44...Lewis Hamilton is 37, the Big 3 of Tennis are still refusing to go away.

Some of these are individual so easier to fall gracefully and the sports are different, but the ego will see it that way. Forget that Cavani is only 2 years younger too. Elites sportsman are handling their massive mileage much better now - and fair play to them, although it's coming at a massive monetary cost that LeBron covers somewhere - but he says it's worth it, and it is of course, their body is product so do what you can to prolong it - at whatever cost.

I still don't truly understand the RM breakdown at all, probably, reasonably still his best fit over the past 4 years and even now - at the cost of Benzema's great form in place though. Unlikely they'd win a CL in that timeframe, but no more unlikely than if you'd ask me if they'd win 4 in 5 seasons prior... obviously there were breakdowns somewhere and I've not totally read into, but even ageing, that was a team built for him, guess he wanted some cheap trophies.

Luke1995

He will play bad when most of the team play bad. Sometimes he will come up with a goal, but not always like before.

If he was playing in a better structured team I don't think his general play would look so poor as right now. But at the current United team, his age shows.

If he don't get better service he will be anonymous in the games. If they play well, most likely he'll do well too.

lilcurt

Looked every bit of his age in the last couple of games. He works best for us when we can control the game and make chances. When we are struggling he contributes little and actually becomes somewhat of a crutch as he just isn't as mobile now.

Big decisions to be made. No more than two of Bruno, Ronaldo and Rashford can start in my opinion. Bruno does enough for me to play so one of the other two need to be rotated.

The PL was always going to be a bit ask for a returning soon to be be 37 year old.

SonyaCross493

Ronaldo is the least of this teams problems, but typical Gary Neville to go in two footed on Ronny but forgets about players like Maguire who have been shite all season. It smacks of xenophobia and I think more and more fans are seeing through Gary Neville and English media agenda soundbites now it was the same with dismissing Rangnicks formation pre-match something he would never do to Ole or English manager. I don't know why he doesn't do football fans a favour and feck off to become a politician. Him and Carragher have become stale and too agenda driven. I'm cancelling my Sky subscription tomorrow because the punditry it's not fair. We seen it for years with Souness and Pogba too let's call it out for what it is.. it's xenophobia.. maybe they feel they need to cater to Brexit Britain but I'm not having it anymore they are going way too far crossing the line!

anyway Ronny will probably leave at the end of the season he's won everything in football and has nothing left to prove to anyone unlike the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Harry Maguire etc who are almost 30 years old and have won feck all because they are not winners but get put on pedestals for getting top 4 last season.. He's not happy (hence the running down the tunnel he's frustrated as much as the fans are) and I don't blame him.. he's not getting any service from his team-mates which should be the priority when you are as deadly and have a goal-scoring record as good as Ronaldo it should command respect.. Cavani got a chance created for him but why couldn't we create a chance like that for Ronaldo whole game? Sancho could've made an easy pass to Ronaldo to score when the keeper messed up but chose not to for whatever reason when it was a simple pass and goal. Many instances like that this season.. in the first half against Newcastle tonight Ronaldo was in a few times but the pass was either too underhit or overhit in terms of power.

the guy is 36, he relies on service at his age but he's still the best in the business at scoring goals if he gets the service. We knew that before signing him so we knew what we was buying. The team and club have failed Ronaldo. His goal record and stats speak for themselves he's done his job that's why every manager (yes including Rangnick who the English media was thinking/hoping would drop Ronaldo haha! Jokes) picks him (he can't select himself).

He will continue to shut mouths and prove the haters/doubters wrong in the next games that's why I'm not worried or even bothering reading the negative comments after 1 game from the same people who will be singing his praises when he scores and is the main-reason this club gets top if Ronaldo goes on a mad goal-scoring run as I have faith in Ronny to bounce back like he always does unlike some who can't wait to criticise Ronaldo when he doesn't score in 1 game everything is a polemic and made into a drama with Ronaldo when he doesn't score in a game (like Gary Neville mentioning Ronaldo going straight down the tunnel he's done that before when the team has won and he's scored but it only gets highlighted and blown up to be a drama by the media when Ronaldo doesn't score in a game and the team doesn't win and some so-called fans fall for the media agenda sadly) but the hate makes him stronger and keeps him relevant to make him too important not to rise above it so keep it up. Bye.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He won't be here next season if we finish 5th or lower. Might be a blessing. Still a great finisher but that's all he is. Team play is non existent with him around.

ExoduS

He single handedly brought demise to Manchester United. He wants to fight, he wants to win, he is hungry... However it appears he totally depleted other players from even that little fighting spirit they had. Bruno turned into "where is Ronaldo?" player. Greenwood and Rashford got worse. Sancho can't fit in... I blame Ronaldo and those who brought him. Our team totally lost balance. He still has killer finishing but totally negates that through non-existent participation in build up play.

Litch

He single handedly brought demise to Manchester United. He wants to fight, he wants to win, he is hungry... However it appears he totally depleted other players from even that little fighting spirit they had. Bruno turned into "where is Ronaldo?" player. Greenwood and Rashford got worse. Sancho can't fit in... I blame Ronaldo and those who brought him. Our team totally lost balance. He still has killer finishing but totally negates that through non-existent participation in build up play.
Absolutely a brilliant player but whilst different it's kind of the same reason SAF got rid of players not for football reasons. There is something about his energy that feels a bit toxic and I feel it's a changing room some players would rather not be around.

United in sin

There was absolutely no thinking and planning behind this signing. We simply brought him back to avoid the embarrassment of seeing him in a City shirt.

Zen

I still find it hard imagining him in a Pep system.... I'd like to say he'd have like 25 goals by now if he went there, but Zlatan truly struggled with it, so it's a tough one.

But still, he doesn't have 25 goals for City.... that's a win, right?

SonyaCross493

Ronaldo doesn't select himself to start by the way, Rangnick picks the team. So if you don't want him to start blame the manager as the buck stops with the manager.

but I think Rangnick is more intelligent and knows more about coaching than Gary Neville and some armchair fans on redcafe, and knows that it's the team letting Ronaldo down by making bad passes and decision making. That Ronaldo is the least of the problems when you have 10s like Bruno and Sancho who can't make simple passes.

if Ronaldo was missing chances galore you could say he isn't doing his job.. but he didn't get 1 chance against Newcastle.. not 1. That's a failure of the team.

I think players like Rashford and Greenwood are more of a disgrace when you have 36 year old Ronaldo and Cavani pressing more than them young lads.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Games like today he just needs to be subbed. I get the "he can score at any time", but we weren't getting close to their box and he never even had a chance all game so we should start subbing him off when he's not on it, like the rest.

Pat Cat

This lack of service stuff is complete nonsense, his movement just wasn't good enough as proved by Cavani coming on in the second half and scoring a goal while getting on the end of two other chances too. Service is what you make of it as we've seen so many times with Martial. If you stay active and alive in the box you will get chances.

Ronaldo now has 2 non penalty goals in his last 12 league games. He's only scored from open play in 4 out of 14 games in the league too which is shocking considering he offers absolutely nothing otherwise and is probably even a hindrance. He needs to be moved on in the summer or even sooner if possible.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Cavani over Ronaldo any day. To have pulled out all the stop to sign Cavani and to then sign Ronaldo afterwards was ludicrous.

Brophs

The One and Only
Ronaldo is the least of this teams problems, but typical Gary Neville to go in two footed on Ronny but forgets about players like Maguire who have been shite all season. It smacks of xenophobia and I think more and more fans are seeing through Gary Neville and English media agenda soundbites now it was the same with dismissing Rangnicks formation pre-match something he would never do to Ole or English manager. I don't know why he doesn't do football fans a favour and feck off to become a politician. Him and Carragher have become stale and too agenda driven. I'm cancelling my Sky subscription tomorrow because the punditry it's not fair. We seen it for years with Souness and Pogba too let's call it out for what it is.. it's xenophobia.. maybe they feel they need to cater to Brexit Britain but I'm not having it anymore they are going way too far crossing the line!

anyway Ronny will probably leave at the end of the season he's won everything in football and has nothing left to prove to anyone unlike the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Harry Maguire etc who are almost 30 years old and have won feck all because they are not winners but get put on pedestals for getting top 4 last season.. He's not happy (hence the running down the tunnel he's frustrated as much as the fans are) and I don't blame him.. he's not getting any service from his team-mates which should be the priority when you are as deadly and have a goal-scoring record as good as Ronaldo it should command respect.. Cavani got a chance created for him but why couldn't we create a chance like that for Ronaldo whole game? Sancho could've made an easy pass to Ronaldo to score when the keeper messed up but chose not to for whatever reason when it was a simple pass and goal. Many instances like that this season.. in the first half against Newcastle tonight Ronaldo was in a few times but the pass was either too underhit or overhit in terms of power.

the guy is 36, he relies on service at his age but he's still the best in the business at scoring goals if he gets the service. We knew that before signing him so we knew what we was buying. The team and club have failed Ronaldo. His goal record and stats speak for themselves he's done his job that's why every manager (yes including Rangnick who the English media was thinking/hoping would drop Ronaldo haha! Jokes) picks him (he can't select himself).

He will continue to shut mouths and prove the haters/doubters wrong in the next games that's why I'm not worried or even bothering reading the negative comments after 1 game from the same people who will be singing his praises when he scores and is the main-reason this club gets top if Ronaldo goes on a mad goal-scoring run as I have faith in Ronny to bounce back like he always does unlike some who can't wait to criticise Ronaldo when he doesn't score in 1 game everything is a polemic and made into a drama with Ronaldo when he doesn't score in a game (like Gary Neville mentioning Ronaldo going straight down the tunnel he's done that before when the team has won and he's scored but it only gets highlighted and blown up to be a drama by the media when Ronaldo doesn't score in a game and the team doesn't win and some so-called fans fall for the media agenda sadly) but the hate makes him stronger and keeps him relevant to make him too important not to rise above it so keep it up. Bye.
:lol:
You absolute tit.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really wonder how good a decision it was to sign him. We'd probably be better off with a younger CF who has mobility and suitability to a modern progressive style of football, on his side. Ronaldo gives you goals but the rest of his game is something you endure, accommodate and deal with rather than enjoy and celebrate. Personally I looked forward to our front line more when Martial, Rashford and Greewnwood were clicking and showing huge potential. Shame the former 2 have massively declined as that was a front three that worker tactically and you felt it could improve big time as well. Now Ronaldo scores but there's feck all chemistry up front. Just players trying to 'serve' Ronaldo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You absolute tit.
Love the Bye at the end :lol:

Ronaldo fans really seem to think it's all about him. Their posts are always Ronaldo vs the club/his team mates/the media. He's just doing this incredible charity by merely being here at United. We're so lucky Ronnie we don't deserve you.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
You absolute tit.
I'm not saying Ronaldo made that post, but I'm not not saying Ronaldo made that post

He's not happy (hence the running down the tunnel he's frustrated as much as the fans are) and I don't blame him.. he's not getting any service from his team-mates which should be the priority when you are as deadly and have a goal-scoring record as good as Ronaldo it should command respect.. Cavani got a chance created for him but why couldn't we create a chance like that for Ronaldo whole game?
The team and club have failed Ronaldo. His goal record and stats speak for themselves he's done his job that's why every manager (yes including Rangnick who the English media was thinking/hoping would drop Ronaldo haha! Jokes) picks him
He will continue to shut mouths and prove the haters/doubters wrong in the next games that's why I'm not worried or even bothering reading the negative comments after 1 game from the same people who will be singing his praises when he scores and is the main-reason this club gets top if Ronaldo goes on a mad goal-scoring run as I have faith in Ronny to bounce back like he always does
but the hate makes him stronger and keeps him relevant to make him too important not to rise above it so keep it up. Bye.

Bondi77

Did signing Ronnie really have anything to do with football?????? Possibly a little bit.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Doesn't he say here Maguire's had a nightmare of a season? What are you on about?

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He knew where he was going, too late to complain and get mad for teammates not being good enough.
If he was concerned about the "quality" of his teammates should have never left Real Madrid then, he would have one more CL in his trophy cabinet and probably one more Balloon D'or as well.
There is a massive difference between playing with Kroos,Ramos,Modric,Bale,Benzema,Marcelo,etc and then playing with Wan Bissaka,Fred,McTominay,Maguire,Rashford and Telles...but he knew where he was going, so he really can't complain like a child and edge to receive a red card when things go wrong.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Thank the lord, all those times I said he was a great player but causing us an egotistical problem because he doesn't start as a substitute is starting to be seen.

I love him, but that doesn't change the fact that we are playing Gegenpressing now with a 36 year old player. Playing with only 10 players on the pitch at times when the team hasn't coordinated with the sole predatory version of Ronaldo.

Last edited:

Tomics

I love him but everything just seems to have gone downhill since he came back. He should be on the bench

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Gotta say I am surprised that the player who wasn't that great in the Serie A to begin with and made his former team worst than it was before his arrival, made us worse team than we were. Shocking stuff, who could predict something like that?

There was a moment around 80th minute when de Gea made just fewer touches than him in entire 80 minutes, and Cavani and Greenwood were on par. Until end of the game he managed to make some more pointless touches and made those stat look better checking it again now, but it's quite obvious that he is not good at anything more except scoring goals. God forbid he receives the ball holding the defender with his back.

Real Name

He made his former team worst, a team who sits 5th now in Serie A. I see we're back at blaming him for everything, I guess it's easy for everyone involved to put the blame on him. Apparently we were a good team, going somewhere until we bought him.

Scholsey2004

He's too big and too influential for the current dressing room imo. He looks very frustrated in games and his team-mates must pick up on it.

Nordmore

Gotta say I am surprised that the player who wasn't that great in the Serie A to begin with and made his former team worst than it was before his arrival, made us worse team than we were. Shocking stuff, who could predict something like that?

There was a moment around 80th minute when de Gea made just fewer touches than him in entire 80 minutes, and Cavani and Greenwood were on par. Until end of the game he managed to make some more pointless touches and made those stat look better checking it again now, but it's quite obvious that he is not good at anything more except scoring goals. God forbid he receives the ball holding the defender with his back.
It's so frustrating and annoying to watch him now.

His touches are atrocious. He can't dribble. He can't pass. He can't keep the ball. He's really weak and cumbersome.

There're so many instances where our whole attack movement was killed when the ball reached him because he misplaced a 5 yards pass or fecked up his touch or simply got the ball robbed off. The best thing he could do was to pass the ball right back to the one who just passed it to him. The definition of a passenger imo.

Tbh I don't think it could be worse playing Mata there.

KeanoMagicHat

In a different timeline maybe he might've won us some trophies, but his on field demeanour is really bad, he doesn't look happy here and it's visibly seemed like there's an uncomfortable tension all season. He expects the best which we obviously aren't anywhere near. A failed experiment who I suspect will ask to leave in summer.
This is the best he can really do though, what other team better than us would take him on next summer at 37? MLS or Middle East is more likely destination than a Bayern or Liverpool.

Ladron de redcafe

It wasn't difficult to see and many saw this coming as soon as we signed him. Some of the posts saying "he'll win us the league" were laughable, and were regressed, going from 2nd spot to the current mess when we would be lucky to make top 4.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This lack of service stuff is complete nonsense, his movement just wasn't good enough as proved by Cavani coming on in the second half and scoring a goal while getting on the end of two other chances too. Service is what you make of it as we've seen so many times with Martial. If you stay active and alive in the box you will get chances.

Ronaldo now has 2 non penalty goals in his last 12 league games. He's only scored from open play in 4 out of 14 games in the league too which is shocking considering he offers absolutely nothing otherwise and is probably even a hindrance. He needs to be moved on in the summer or even sooner if possible.
Those are absolutely damning stats considering we’re supposed to tolerate his non-existent all round contribution on the basis “he will always nick a goal”

KeanoMagicHat

It wasn't difficult to see and many saw this coming as soon as we signed him. Some of the posts saying "he'll win us the league" were laughable, and were regressed, going from 2nd spot to the current mess when we would be lucky to make top 4.
We bought a "guaranteed winner"...and the result was winning 6 out of 14 league games after he arrived, two of them being Norwich and Newcastle, the bottom two teams in the league, getting a record thrashing by Liverpool, losing 4-1 to Watford. It's a disastrous signing, from the team point of view of blowing all your remaining resources on a "winner" to bring you to the next level.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He would have been a good signing if you had already won a title and he was entering a finished article of a team/had a proper structure in place. As this isn’t the case you’ll get flashes of his brilliance but also the very petulant side of Ronaldo that is a detriment to the team. His aura is great when it’s going well but when it isn’t I think his mood ala Fernandes isn’t good for morale.

sugar_kane

Sad to say it but Ronny is the one major difference between this season and last, he has to be looked at as one of the key factors in our performances turning to complete shit.

I don’t envy Rangnick having to deal with this situation, and the same applies for Ole before him - honestly think his re-signing was a purely commercial/PR. decision rather than a football decision.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I work with Juventus fans and they were glad he left even with their struggles this season. What they were complaining about the last 3 seasons is the same things we are complaining about

UnitedFan93

Sad to say it but Ronny is the one major difference between this season and last, he has to be looked at as one of the key factors in our performances turning to complete shit.

I don’t envy Rangnick having to deal with this situation, and the same applies for Ole before him - honestly think his re-signing was a purely commercial/PR. decision rather than a football decision.
We signed him purely to stop City getting him. We had no intention of signing him prior to City showing interest. Beyond pathetic and incredibly insecure.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People were not seeing it before because people were thinking Ole was the problem and wanted a different manager.

Now the manager has changed; one with arguably a more footballing style than Ole ever had - people can see the problems the 37 year old striker only version of Ronaldo can have.

UnitedFan93

The least of our problems.
Disagree, think he's a big reason why we are suddenly a much worse team this season than last.

Our best performance this season (and Bruno's) was the first game against Leeds. We looked like a team. Greenwood looked great upfront, Bruno scored a hattrick, the team were creating chances and scoring goals. Then Ronaldo comes in and the whole dynamics of the team changes. Like it or not but Ronaldo has had a terrible influence on the team and style of play. A terrible signing who up to now has got away with it with penalties and tap-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.