5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

For all the people expecting him to walk away, isn't it more likely that he will have an influence on the next manager hiring (and Ralf will obviously not be made permanant)? That seems more likely to me than the cafs progressive (and quality) manager dream coming true.
Ralf said we 'obviously' need a new striker in the summer. It's not a statement that meshes with Ronaldo having a future as a United centerpiece beyond this year. I do wonder why he's accommodating his ego if he already knows this.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Yeah Atletico conceded 3 today. Could be goals for us, but worry about conceding.

Historically games with Atletico have been low scoring, but neither side can defend well right now.
Altetico’s defense is hot garbage now. Even hot garbage Barca and getafe can put 7 goals past them. Even this shat Ronaldo will be able to score against them.
Then you will see the cr7 brigate trying to convince people here that he is United’s best player (which is actually de gea), and everyone but them are wrong. Sonya will be back as well, hyped to the high heavens

Ladron de redcafe

Altetico’s defense is hot garbage now. Even hot garbage Barca and getafe can put 7 goals past them. Even this shat Ronaldo will be able to score against them.
Then you will see the cr7 brigate trying to convince people here that he is United’s best player (which is actually de gea), and everyone but them are wrong. Sonya will be back as well, hyped to the high heavens
Yeah they've been pretty bad. The test isn't Atlético. We should be able to swat them aside. It's whoever comes next.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Yeah they've been pretty bad. The test isn't Atlético. We should be able to swat them aside. It's whoever comes next.
Actually it all comes down to Oblak. Last 8 shots on target against him resulted in 7 goals. I see United absolutely destroying them

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I can’t believe you lot think this Atletico game will be so easy. It’s a toss of a coin for me

IF Ronaldo suddenly comes good for those two games it will be superb and happy to see all the “ I told you so’s”

ronaldinhoisagoat

Here's a question for old timers (if there are any):
What were his fans and media saying when the world realized that Pele (1971?) or Maradona (1991?) were finished as players?
Did they fall as dramatically as Ronaldo & Messi? Stats don't tell the whole story but did their first touch, passing and dribbling leave them?
Was there a lot of mourning? Were fans divided and unwilling to accept this? Were fans calling out for their heads?

United in sin

He's still physically fit. It's just his finishing, passing, and ball control are awful.
He's physically weak. Even below average centerbacks from lower table clubs (and lower leagues like Middlesbrough!) easily contain him these days.

He hits the deck often and his pleas to refs usually fall on deaf ears in the PL. He's not even among the top 50 most fouled players in the league. Non factor he is. Fred is fouled more than he js

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
You are understimating how bad is current Ronaldo, he couldn't do shit against serbian defense in the last match of the WC UEFA qualifiers, 100% controlled the whole match.
And serbian defenders aren't world beaters.

You don't need top defenders to contain current Ronaldo, I'm not even sure he will score against Turkey in the playoffs for WC.

He looks physically weak now, i noticed he looks also a bit skinnier.His neck looks kinda thin.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do anything against Atlético

Last edited:

Strelok

I'm looking forward to the next time he scores a tap in and we have a barrage of posts reminding us how great he
I had a strange feeling he'd score yesterday. Not because I believed in his ability it's just pure rule of probability.

I gave up on him being benched tbh. So given he'll start and play like 20 matches more until the end of the season he'll definitely score at least one right? If not it'll be hell of a record.
bench him for who?
I said in the match thread I'd even start Phil Jones instead. You can literally start anyone there and it can't be any worse.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is a 37 year old who wants to play every second of every game. He's going to be a problem in the near future.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's already a problem.
I agree but things are set to get worse. Legends like him have two options. They can either retire gracefully like Eric did. Else they can refuse that they have grown old and they would put the blame of what's going on on everyone else the same Keano did. Don't take me wrong, our forward line is not our only problem. CM and Def is certainly a concern. However its a major problem

Rajma

Just look at the responses you got. Borderline insults and making fun of what proved to be pretty much nail in the head OP. Also, not some hysterical knee-jerk, but a well argumented opinion based on what Ronaldo offered in the last season or two. In the end, people didn't even go into the thread to have a reasonable debate, but to laugh and make fun of you.

You deserve an apology, but reckon most will just burry their head in the sand.
Not expecting much to be honest given the ridicule I have received. In fact, I was happy to admit early on that my prediction was not looking on, but at this point it’s become obvious to everyone now. He just declined physically to such extent where there’s no way back in this league. He might have lost a bit of confidence but scoring a few goals here and there still won’t change the fact that he doesn’t belong to this level anymore.

Mainoldo

Hopefully this is the goat’s last season. I don’t want to see him here next year limiting our attacking play. We’ve been suffering enough.

Chief123

bench him for who?
Cavani should play every game ahead of Ronaldo when available.

Ronaldo is actually declining so much that he’s literally struggling to keep his balance at crucial times. His legs are on the way out. He’s running on to balls and close to falling over due to lack of balance. He’s having moments where he stumbles as if he’s a fat lad from down the pub forgetting that he can’t actually run.

Maniron

That video showed a pretty awful sequence of misses and general play, but I don’t think a lot of those misses have anything to do with age. He is still getting in the right positions just making a mess of them. His confidence is obviously shot to pieces which must me doubly difficult for a man with his ego.

What’s the betting that when he does manage to buy a goal he goes on a scoring streak again. The problem is that without goals he brings nothing to the team, in fact he detracts from it. But due to complete mismanagement there are no viable alternatives

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Even if he never scores for the rest of the season, his legacy here will remain untainted and rightly so.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That video showed a pretty awful sequence of misses and general play, but I don’t think a lot of those misses have anything to do with age. He is still getting in the right positions just making a mess of them. His confidence is obviously shot to pieces which must me doubly difficult for a man with his ego.

What’s the betting that when he does manage to buy a goal he goes on a scoring streak again. The problem is that without goals he brings nothing to the team, in fact he detracts from it. But due to complete mismanagement there are no viable alternatives
Jesus. Not again.

Greck

I think age has to do with it. Deterioration of physical and technical ability. A lot of those misses are from poor touches. It's no longer the first touch of a legendary striker. A lot of those touches are even making the chances look worse than they are. Ronaldo plays at blistering pace so the slightest drop in tempo and speed can put him off. I'm not sure his body is in tune with the sharpness of his mind.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's kind of funny how optimistic we were about our frontline and now our 2 strikers are ancient and wank, and sancho and rashford aren't hits this season either.

Rojow

I remember when he recently went to Juventus and they said that his body represented something like that of a 22-year-old player. That was 2 or 3 years ago. Well, today he represents the 37 he has just turned, unfortunately for United.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s made me appreciate Giggs a lot more that’s for sure. He was putting in brilliant performances at an older age.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It’s made me appreciate Giggs a lot more that’s for sure. He was putting in brilliant performances at an older age.
Actually I thought Giggs was fairly wank when we was ancient. Had a few good games every now and then. Most memorable against Madrid in 2013. He got way too sloppy in general. Tried to do stupid flicks all the time that didn't come off.

I remember when he recently went to Juventus and they said that his body represented something like that of a 22-year-old player. That was 2 or 3 years ago. Well, today he represents the 37 he has just turned, unfortunately for United.
Yeah I think we all wanted to believe he was superhuman but at 37 he’s one of the oldest outfield players in Europe. You can tell his loss of power has happened suddenly and even he is very frustrated. When age suddenly catches up then it sometimes forces retirement (Gary Neville, Rooney). I can see him retiring at the end of the season and cutting his contract short.

UnitedFan93

Hopefully the Club/Ronaldo agree that it's in the best interests of both parties for Ronaldo to leave in the summer, before any new manager comes in.

Having Ronaldo in the squad will put off the likes of Ten Hag due to headlines that will be written when he doesn't play. We need to get him out of the door ASAP to make the job more appealing. I would rather miss out on CL qualification and see Ronaldo go in the summer, than qualify and have a 38 year old Ronaldo stinking up the place next year.

Foxbatt

It doesn't help when our wingers can't put in a decent cross too. He can't create chances by himself. He takes too long to get a shot away. He should have scored yesterday but it was a good save by the defender

AndySmith1990

Giggs was pretty poor in the last few years and another example of how we allow sentimentality to get in the way of progress. It was only a decade ago we were complaining about our awful midfield, and keeping hold of players for too long. Yet here we are again making all of the same mistakes.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Bit of a barren spell at present but I still think he has got another year in him. If we create chances, he will score. He's not going to be running from the halfway line and beating 4 players anymore.

GueRed

I'll be honest and say i was quite happy when he signed.. I'm not so keen now.

He's currently so well off the pace and off form, if he doesnt score he's fecking useless.
The ball doesnt even stick.

Shades of Van Nistelrooy's final season...Shame.

AndySmith1990

Bit of a barren spell at present but I still think he has got another year in him. If we create chances, he will score. He's not going to be running from the halfway line and beating 4 players anymore.
1. We are creating chances and he isn't scoring
2. He never used to run from the halfway line beating 4 players to score. You're thinking of someone else

KeanoMagicHat

There is always a lot of PR guff around Ronaldo, who is one of the best ever at managing it, to be fair to him he has been way better in his 30s than the average player but now it’s closer to 40 than 30 and he’s not an alien like some super fans seem to think. Pure will power can’t cheat the ageing process.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think age has to do with it. Deterioration of physical and technical ability. A lot of those misses are from poor touches. It's no longer the first touch of a legendary striker. A lot of those touches are even making the chances look worse than they are. Ronaldo plays at blistering pace so the slightest drop in tempo and speed can put him off. I'm not sure his body is in tune with the sharpness of his mind.
You’ve completely hit the nail on the head. His first touch has totally left him - his body is no longer in the place it would have been a few years ago. He also looks like he’s about to fall over any time he sprints.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would've loved to have seen this Ronaldo and 2016's Rooney uptop. Real entertainment right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.