Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
He’s simply the GOAT isn’t, you think he’s playing poorly then boom x2 goals. Ridiculous.

Pronewbie

Peep
Yup. Hopefully Cavani's still got the legs to do the Rooney role.

Obviously they're not going to start every game together but it'd be amazing to watch both of them hunting in the box late in a game when we need a goal. Our attack is going to be so clutch for us this season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yup. Hopefully Cavani's still got the legs to do the Rooney role.

Obviously they're not going to start every game together but it'd be amazing to watch both of them hunting in the box late in a game when we need a goal. Our attack is going to be so clutch for us this season.
I watched Cavani last season chase multiple lost causes and lead our press by himself.

dal

Imagine chasing a game and this is our attack

Rashford - Cavani - Sancho
Ronaldo
Bruno - Pogba

Scary!!
It’s scary that you’ve left out Greenwood our best attacker so far!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Headers remind of his goal in the CL final for us against Chelsea.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He was really poor in the first half. Might be one of the worst halves of football he's ever played. Trying to do way too much, missed a pen and was a bit at fault for the Ireland goal.

Second half he was much better. Lack of playing time has probably played a part given he's barely played football since the Euros.

Bondi77

I thought the art of heading a ball was a dying art in the game but Ronnie is as good at it as there ever has been.
What a legend!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In him and cavani we have the 2 best headers in the league
Cuadrado had 10 league assists and 6 UCL assists last season. Shaw and Telles will get lot of assists with Ronaldo and Cavani headers. May be Rashford should play on the right as well, his crossing for Cavani's header vs Everton was really good.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He was really poor in the first half. Might be one of the worst halves of football he's ever played. Trying to do way too much, missed a pen and was a bit at fault for the Ireland goal.

Second half he was much better. Lack of playing time has probably played a part given he's barely played football since the Euros.
Yeah that first half was some of the worst I've seen from Ronnie in a long time. Probably rust and doesn't help he has to be a playmaker for Portugal.

Interestingly he looked quite good from the left in the second half. Would have had an assist if B.silva wasn't so wasteful

Chicharo

Pens need to go to Bruno :wenger:
Yup, shouldn't replace someone who is so good at it. Ronaldo should take free kicks
But what a class. And some people here mention age.Guy is a machine who is athletic, and 100% dedicated to football. He'll be scoring for laughs this season

Pass and Move

Yup, shouldn't replace someone who is so good at it. Ronaldo should take free kicks
But what a class. And some people here mention age.Guy is a machine who is athletic, and 100% dedicated to football. He'll be scoring for laughs this season
Not sure many would agree with this.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can't wait to see him try and shoot De Gea's goal kicks on target :drool:

I'm very curious how he impacts the dressing room and how Ole manages him. I would not like to see him take Bruno's pens or free kicks for instance. Is Ole big enough to tell him not to? Can his ego take it?
Will play him in all league games and CL games I guess, maybe rest a few league games in CL week. Cup games will leave it to others, except getting into final. Will take all penalties too, Bruno idolised Ronaldo and Ronaldo always takes penalties everywhere.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

That’s a good point. Hadn’t thought of that. I was worried with how poor he was for most of the game but rustiness would explain a lot.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In him and cavani we have the 2 best headers in the league
DCL for Everton seems quite good too. Younger and hence arguably more powerful (than Cavani possibly).

But it's true, we've gone from no real target in the box when it comes to crosses to 2, now. Hopefully Greenwood and Rashford also improve in this regard. Rashford and Martial have had enough time but not really gone anywhere when it comes to aerial prowess.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Two great headers by Cristiano! A bit awkward seeing people here doubting him really, Ibra was proof things can be done, and he did with a far lesser team than the one we have. Ronaldo is happy he's back home and you can bet he wants to do his best, I don't think we can question his determination, I wish some people here appreciate the fact that we have the best goal scorer in the world in our team this season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
DCL for Everton seems quite good too. Younger and hence arguably more powerful (than Cavani possibly).

But it's true, we've gone from no real target in the box when it comes to crosses to 2, now. Hopefully Greenwood and Rashford also improve in this regard. Rashford and Martial have had enough time but not really gone anywhere when it comes to aerial prowess.
Rooney was older than both of them when he suddenly started scoring a load of headers so there’s still time. They did both at least score a couple of good headers recently. So the potential is there. I don’t remember Rooney scoring any at all before his purple patch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rooney was older than both of them when he suddenly started scoring a load of headers so there’s still time. They did both at least score a couple of good headers recently. So the potential is there. I don’t remember Rooney scoring any at all before his purple patch.
That's true. Rooney suddenly started scoring headers out of nowhere. Maybe it had to do with him roaming all over the place rather than being bad at it? Can't recall. But RVN and then Saha, Ronaldo etc were the main central strikers. Martial has been playing there for awhile now, he did look decent at it briefly in 19-20, so hopefully he regains that (among everything else he was once good at).

GazTheLegend

Something that has gone a bit overlooked in modern football these days with the obsession with xG, possession statistics, pass % and blah blah is - how many goals does a player score when it really matters and how strong is their mentality. It's the two things that Alex Ferguson was absolutely the -best- in the world at spotting and nurturing, and the two things you would most heavily associate with any of his sides - there was always multiple goalscorers who could score when it counted the most (and usually when all those possession, xG numbers and shots etc were against us). Ronaldo will hopefully dig us out of a few holes when we aren't quite at the races. That's something we have lacked

Status
Not open for further replies.