5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilQuebecois

Where have these rumours even come from? Even Keane didn’t buy the injury stuff.

I do think he’s injured though
Someone needs to come out clean and tell the truth. I just hate it when teams and leagues allow a shroud of mystery to float around injuries.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just hope he can bag a few to salvage something from this miserable season.
Getting to 20 goals would at least be something, so he has to get 5 from potentially only 11 more games, which on 2022's record is a huge stretch.

Josh 76

Are we allowed to post this? Or only when it’s the other way round

Just on top of my head
Was one of those CL games that last group match which Utd were already guaranteed top spot.

The other was the PL home game against Everton which Utd were wining 1-0, then he came on and Utd almost lost the game.

I presume today was 1 of the 5. We would have got battered if he started anyway.

Chelsea away 1-1 was a great result.

what was the other game ?

Joel Miller

Just hope he can bag a few to salvage something from this miserable season.
Getting to 20 goals would at least be something, so he has to get 5 from potentially only 11 more games, which on 2022's record is a huge stretch.
Why are some people more interested in his personal statistics than anything else?

One thing was really clear from watching Sky today, he’s not injured and Keane and Neville know it too.

Gottabekiddingme

You'll laugh but him somehow finding his form is the only way we'll get something out of this season.

It'll be interesting to keep an eye out and look what he does with Portugal vs Turkey and Italy.

Joel Miller

Just on top of my head
Was one of those CL games that last group match which Utd were already guaranteed top spot.

The other was the PL home game against Everton which Utd were wining 1-0, then he came on and Utd almost lost the game.

I presume today was 1 of the 5. We would have got battered if he started anyway.

This. It looks great for Ronaldo with absolutely zero context. Sadly when you apply context it really means very little.

the_cliff

Just on top of my head

West Ham Carabao Cup, Most of the first team was rested that day.

Chelsea game we were also winning 1-0 till he came on.

Also, he conveniently left out the first four EPL fixtures when we didn't have Ronaldo and we won 3 of them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No chance he or Cavani were injured today in my opinion. Think they both got wind they were starting and have spat their dummies out.

Had it been Portugal and Uruguay today I bet they'd have been fit to play.

MrEleson

No chance he or Cavani were injured today in my opinion. Think they both got wind they were starting and have spat their dummies out.

Cavani rarely starts even when he’s fit so it’s highly unlikely he spat his dummy out at the prospect of not starting.

Marwood

This. It looks great for Ronaldo with absolutely zero context. Sadly when you apply context it really means very little.
It doesn't look great, it's just a five game sample, meaningless.

Just like on the flip side those arguing Bruno scores more goals without Ronaldo based on four games is also silly.

It's just people wanting to believe something and grasping any flimsy bit of evidence they can get their hands on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Are we allowed to post this? Or only when it’s the other way round

Just on top of my head

West Ham Carabao Cup, Most of the first team was rested that day.

Chelsea game we were also winning 1-0 till he came on.

Also, he conveniently left out the first four EPL fixtures when we didn't have Ronaldo and we won 3 of them.
:lol:

Myth:Busted

predator

Youth NITK

Bollox.

Cavani has probably been better for us as a sub than he has a starter. There's nothing to suggest he would be unhappy with not starting.

And for Ronaldo, there are rumours circulating that he was unhappy to not start but I will bet that it is bollox aswell. He is 37 years old and isn't going to be available all the time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bollox.

Cavani has probably been better for us as a sub than he has a starter. There's nothing to suggest he would be unhappy with not starting.

And for Ronaldo, there are rumours circulating that he was unhappy to not start but I will bet that it is bollox aswell. He is 37 years old and isn't going to be available all the time.
Both would have started today had it been international week. I've never been more certain of anything in my life. Ralf even looked surprised when he said Cavani told him he couldn't play despite training fine all week.

There's plenty going on behind the scenes at this club and most of it isn't good.

I can easily picture Ronaldo being told he wasn't being started due to the specific tactics and him having a hissy fit tbh.

oneloop31

Really dodged a bullet with this injury. If Ronaldo played and the score was 4-1 all the blame in the world would've been on him. thank god

chisnall_red

Supports
Citeh
Definition of obsession; 240 pages about a player who’s ‘past it’ and half the posts are from people saying he doesn’t mean anything to them anymore. Guy might not be able to kick and/or run any more but he sure lives rent free in the whole fan bases heads still that’s for sure..
Didn’t even play yesterday yet his performance thread is twice the length of anyone else’s

KeanoMagicHat

Definition of obsession; 240 pages about a player who’s ‘past it’ and half the posts are from people saying he doesn’t mean anything to them anymore. Guy might not be able to kick and/or run any more but he sure lives rent free in the whole fan bases heads still that’s for sure..
Didn’t even play yesterday yet his performance thread is twice the length of anyone else’s
I mean all the posts immediately after the game were from Ronaldo fans trying to make a point that because we lost to the best team in Europe away from home without him that he wasn't at fault for this season. So the obsession definitely goes both ways.

Gottabekiddingme

Read this on Reddit:

"Ronaldo will be taking zero risks, even if fit.

He is not playing for MUFC next season.

His priority now is goals in the UCL and more importantly, making sure he is fit to play in the two World Cup qualifying games he has in March. One being VS Italy, probably.

The league is a write off for him especially, and as he will leave after this season the finishing position isn't important.

Expect him to miss severl league games now until end of the season.

Europe and Portugal is all that will matter"

MrEleson

Read this on Reddit:

"Ronaldo will be taking zero risks, even if fit.

He is not playing for MUFC next season.

His priority now is goals in the UCL and more importantly, making sure he is fit to play in the two World Cup qualifying games he has in March. One being VS Italy, probably.

The league is a write off for him especially, and as he will leave after this season the finishing position isn't important.

Expect him to miss severl league games now until end of the season.

Europe and Portugal is all that will matter"
Seems plausible. He probably considers Portugal’s qualifying games (for what would be his last World Cup) far more important than any league game United have to play for the remainder of the season, especially if he’s not here next season.
He did say a couple of years ago at Juve that if it was down to him, he’d only play national team games and important club fixtures at his advanced age.

However, unless the guy who wrote this is in the know, it’s still all speculation.

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I’m still in shock as to why Ronaldo chose to join one of the worst United teams in modern history in the first place.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
I’m still in shock as to why Ronaldo chose to join one of the worst United teams in modern history in the first place.
Juve being in shambles having their worst season in the last 10 years + United finishing 2nd last season & strengthened team with the arrival of Varane & Sancho + no interest from Real, PSG, Chelsea etc. Tbh, it looks like a no brainer.

I remember most United fans here were expecting a proper title challenge in August, nobody would call this United team one of the worst in August, quite the opposite actually.

united for life

Really dodged a bullet with this injury. If Ronaldo played and the score was 4-1 all the blame in the world would've been on him. thank god
some people are still pointing fingers saying that he intentionally left the team after knowing he was being dropped. they'll always find a way to blame him

MrEleson

Half a million a week
You really believe this?

He would’ve joined City without a shadow of a doubt if Sir Alex, Evra and Rio didn’t get involved.

I mean he took a paycut to leave Juve (where he was on €30M net) so doubt money was on his list of main motivators...

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Makes sense that Ronaldo is prioritizing Portugal play-off games over PL games, this might be his last World Cup, on the other hand he already won the PL with United, and he knows current United isn't going anywhere.

He will miss more games this month, the world cup play-offs are in March

Last edited:

Danny

Makes sense that Ronaldo is prioritizing Portugal play-off games over PL games, this might be his last World Cup, on the other hand he already won the PL with United, and he knows current United isn't going anywhere.

He will miss more games this months, the world cup play-offs are in March
Who pays him?

bakalhau

some people are still pointing fingers saying that he intentionally left the team after knowing he was being dropped. they'll always find a way to blame him
People in this thread 1 month ago:
- "He sulked becuase he was subbed at the 70th minute mark! Terrible attitude!"
Yesterday after a rumor:
- "He refused to play? That's a terrible attitude, childish brat!"
Today, Ronaldo recovering from hip injury in Portugal (which in reality is something he's done before several times even in Madrid):
- "He sulked after being dropped and intentionally deserted the team, he doesn't care about Man Utd!"

Guys, c'mon. Can you ever imagine the guy that sulks for being subbed refusing to play? Yesterday he refused to play, today he was dropped and sulked? We're a bunch of degenerates on this thread. Just think logically for a minute.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Who pays him?
United pays him, but he clearly value more Portugal considering it might be his last WC, and he already won the PL with United.

Personally, i don't think Portugal will qualify, they will need a massive fluke to beat Italy in a possible game, kinda like the way they beated France in the Euro final.

They have been shit for a while.

SATA

Who’s going to take him and pay all of his wages if he’s not going to be here next season? I seriously cannot think of any clubs snd he apparently cannot step foot into America. United better not pay part of his wages for him to play somewhere else, it’s such a dumb thing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.