5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Who’s going to take him and pay all of his wages if he’s not going to be here next season? I seriously cannot think of any clubs snd he apparently cannot step foot into America. United better not pay part of his wages for him to play somewhere else, it’s such a dumb thing to do
If he's willing to reduce his wages I can see Inter Milan interested in him.

Nah, he would have just been another player to bash if he was on the pitch
Fair enough, just checking :lol:. The club have really set Ronaldo up to fail. Hes 37 years old and should be able to enjoy his last couple years of football instead of being played into the ground and relied on for all of our goals.

united for life

People in this thread 1 month ago:
- "He sulked becuase he was subbed at the 70th minute mark! Terrible attitude!"
Yesterday after a rumor:
- "He refused to play? That's a terrible attitude, childish brat!"
Today, Ronaldo recovering from hip injury in Portugal (which in reality is something he's done before several times even in Madrid):
- "He sulked after being dropped and intentionally deserted the team, he doesn't care about Man Utd!"

Guys, c'mon. Can you ever imagine the guy that sulks for being subbed refusing to play? Yesterday he refused to play, today he was dropped and sulked? We're a bunch of degenerates on this thread. Just think logically for a minute.
all fans do these days is complain.

Roux

Makes sense that Ronaldo is prioritizing Portugal play-off games over PL games, this might be his last World Cup, on the other hand he already won the PL with United, and he knows current United isn't going anywhere.

He will miss more games this month, the world cup play-offs are in March
Might be wrong - but I've never got the impression from Ronaldo that he's a quitter or prioritizes games over others - quite the opposite, he wants to play every game and break more records - you can see it when he scores and when he loses. Labeling Cavani as this might be more accurate given he wanted to leave this season and last.

JB7

Might be wrong - but I've never got the impression from Ronaldo that he's a quitter or prioritizes games over others - quite the opposite, he wants to play every game and break more records - you can see it when he scores and when he loses. Labeling Cavani as this might be more accurate given he wanted to leave this season and last.
But it said so on Reddit so must be true

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Are we allowed to post this? Or only when it’s the other way round

Are we allowed to post this? Or only when it's other way around:wenger:
And Watford - Utd 4-1
Utd - M'boro 1-1

Wasn't there a game we were winning and he came on as a sub, and it ended up as a draw?

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
He should just go to the MLS. His movement is nowhere near the top UCL level even though many don't want to admit it. You can see he doesn't have the speed, the technique, the strength, and the sharpness he had five years ago.

He already has 5 UCLs what's the point of adding another one. Just go to MLS and enjoy your life, hey who knows? he might actually become a legend in the MLS by improving their overall commercial power and maybe even winning the MLS and possibly the America CL.

GoldanoGraham

Biggest mistake bringing him back - works both ways - we were not good enough to show horn him in - and he is not the player now that we all remember.

Cant help but think that this has really upset the applecart though…..we were way better last season that the tumescent predictable shite we are now churning out.

Big changes needed……the next management appointment is so critical…..I don’t not like Ralf but he is in a very difficult position - although if he is part of the recruitment process then he will certainly have a very thorough dossier of player capability and suitability to pass on to the new manager. Im really hoping he stays on in this consultancy position as he will wheedle out the shite that he probably has to bite his lip in right now.

If for some godforsaken reason we go for Poch/Ancellotti/Rogers then we are doomed……

We can’t get much lower than now…..

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Ronaldo's second spell at Man Utd can be considered another failed transfer.

The nail in the coffin can be the Atletico match... or his comeback.

But honestly I don't see United doing miracles. If United fails to continue in the CL I can see Ronaldo fleeing the same way he did with Juventus. The guy is 0% supportive of his clubs.

Irwin99

Thought he'd get 35+ goals, join the 100 premier league goals club, get very close to or pass 150 goals for United

I'm not sure he'll get 20 goals for the whole season at this rate.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He should just go to the MLS. His movement is nowhere near the top UCL level even though many don't want to admit it. You can see he doesn't have the speed, the technique, the strength, and the sharpness he had five years ago.

He already has 5 UCLs what's the point of adding another one. Just go to MLS and enjoy your life, hey who knows? he might actually become a legend in the MLS by improving their overall commercial power and maybe even winning the MLS and possibly the America CL.
Don't think he would fancy the idea of playing amateur football in the MLS while Messi still playing the UCL with PSG.

I can see him waiting until Messi leaves Europe to move to MLS.

Last edited:

arthurka

We could have prime Henry up on top we would still struggle. Our defense and midfield is just not good enough. That said Ronnie has been very poor.

United in sin

You really believe this?

He would’ve joined City without a shadow of a doubt if Sir Alex, Evra and Rio didn’t get involved.

I mean he took a paycut to leave Juve (where he was on €30M net) so doubt money was on his list of main motivators...
City didn't actually want him, talks broke down. If Pep was keen he would've got his man. Why do you think Mendes offered him to City before united? City didn't initiate contact

MrEleson

City didn't actually want him, talks broke down. If Pep was keen he would've got his man. Why do you think Mendes offered him to City before united? City didn't initiate contact
The events in the last 24 hours of that transfer saga actually point to the contrary.

There were lots of journalists close to the city camp basically saying it was a done deal until the 11th hour when United swooped in.

If City weren’t in for him you wouldn’t have had Rio making cryptic celebratory tweets to troll them or SAF having to call him to convince him (which was confirmed) and also Evra posting a screenshot of his conversation with Ronaldo ensuring he comes to United and not City.

Gandalf

The events in the last 24 hours of that transfer saga actually point to the contrary.

There were lots of journalists close to the city camp basically saying it was a done deal until the 11th hour when United swooped in.

If City weren’t in for him you wouldn’t have had Rio making cryptic celebratory tweets to troll them or SAF having to call him to convince him (which was confirmed) and also Evra posting a screenshot of his conversation with Ronaldo ensuring he comes to United and not City.
So we need to blame Rio, Evra and SAF for this? Not sure I can do it.

United in sin

The reason Ronaldo didn't get his preferred move to City was because City had too many attackers and had to sell first.

The thing is City were already in the market for a striker as they were looking t to sign Kane during that window. In my opinion they just weren't really that interested in Ronaldo and he ended up at united because there wasn't really time to find another buyer so late in the window.

If Ronaldo was a priority signing for Pep he'd be there today. City definitely would've made room for Kane.

Last edited:

MUFC OK

Just see a stat that we’ve won just 20% of games that Ronaldo hasn’t started this season.

MUFC OK

We could have prime Henry up on top we would still struggle. Our defense and midfield is just not good enough. That said Ronnie has been very poor.
Have to agree with this. If you provide Ronaldo with enough good service, he will score a lot of goals. When some weirdos on here get there wish and he leaves, I’m sure we will see that elsewhere.

tomaldinho1

Also Ragnick actually said Ronaldo is injured, with Cavani he clearly said Cavani himself said he wasn’t able to play despite training. Was a weird way of phrasing it.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
The reason Ronaldo didn't get his preferred move to City was because City had too many attackers and had to sell first.

The thing is City were already in the market for a striker as they were looking t to sign Kane during that window. In my opinion they just weren't really that interested in Ronaldo and he ended up at united because there wasn't really time to find another buyer so late in the window.

If Ronaldo was a priority signing for Pep he'd be there today. City definitely would've made room for Kane.
All explained below.. Ronaldo was rejected by Chelsea, PSG, Real, City and even United until Kane deal failed for City in the last minute. City did not want to pay the transfer fee to Juve unlike United and had question marks about his fit to the team. In the ESPN link, it explains in detail why he was rejected by United first time Mendes offered him.

www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/27/talks-that-ushered-in-ronaldos-return-to-manchester-united-after-12-years
www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4465432/how-man-united-persuaded-cristiano-ronaldo-to-reject-juventus-and-man-cityreturn-to-old-trafford

cyril C

The problem of the matter is that he sulks when he is benched, he sulks when he is sub. If he clearly priorities on World Cup then at least RR and him can mutually agree on arrangement such as he will play 1 game per week and we should see smile on his face, when on bench, when starting at 70th. This is what we have seen on Cavani, but not super-star Ronaldo, who still doesn't realise how old he is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How is it a myth ? It's factually proven. So with those examples we agree Ronaldo is not the issue?

Weird fan base we have I swear.
Pretty clear given the nature of those games.

Ronaldo is an issue. He's one of the highest paid players in the league yet someone we need to replace. Our fans are obsessed with absolving people on account of not being THE issue.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
To an extent Ronaldo is now part of a highly dysfunctional team. Not the kind of team you'd want to be part of in your final years as a player. He has, like it or not, earned the right to be disappointed with his team mates given his past achievements. Probably the only player apart from Messi who can command that sort of expectation.

He has been poor but so have most our players.

AndySmith1990

Maybe we would still struggle, but maybe we wouldn't struggle as much if we had a prime Henry up front. Other players being crap isn't an acceptable excuse to absolve Ronaldo of any blame and give him a free pass, as some people seem to want to do

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Pretty clear given the nature of those games.

Ronaldo is an issue. He's one of the highest paid players in the league yet someone we need to replace. Our fans are obsessed with absolving people on account of not being THE issue.
Ronaldo's been poor in his last X amount of games. I have an issue with the segment of fans such as yourself and Pogue who are unnecessarily harsh on Ronaldo and attribute rest of the team's failures on him. The reason Ronaldo has been poor is because of subpar finishing mainly. It's been bad, especially for his standards.

What's being tagged onto him is the idea he has made the whole team dysfunctional, doesn't "press from the front" which puts more pressure on our defense or is hindering Bruno, Rashford and so on. What the data shows, and what yesterday showed, is Ronaldo is not responsible for any of that any more than our other players. We are playing terrible football all around and that is not because of our main striker also being in poor form.

Maybe we would still struggle, but maybe we wouldn't struggle as much if we had a prime Henry up front. Other players being crap isn't an acceptable excuse to absolve Ronaldo of any blame and give him a free pass, as some people seem to want to do
This sort of opinion is fair, but hardly the common one. There's a belief that without Ronaldo we unlock some sort of magical teamwork play -- that likes of Bruno, Rashford, Pogba etc will suddenly shine if he is out of the team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ronaldo's been poor in his last X amount of games. I have an issue with the segment of fans such as yourself and Pogue who are unnecessarily harsh on Ronaldo and attribute rest of the team's failures on him. The reason Ronaldo has been poor is because of subpar finishing mainly. It's been bad, especially for his stand.
Nope. We're attributing his poor displays on him. And it's more than mere finishing. His general has been crap.

MrEleson

All explained below.. Ronaldo was rejected by Chelsea, PSG, Real, City and even United until Kane deal failed for City in the last minute. City did not want to pay the transfer fee to Juve unlike United and had question marks about his fit to the team. In the ESPN link, it explains in detail why he was rejected by United first time Mendes offered him.

www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/27/talks-that-ushered-in-ronaldos-return-to-manchester-united-after-12-years
www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4465432/how-man-united-persuaded-cristiano-ronaldo-to-reject-juventus-and-man-cityreturn-to-old-trafford
The two links tell different stories. The first one says that all clubs rejected him and only in the last minute United decided to take a punt. The second one says it like I thought it went: he was on his way to City until various figures associated with the club decided to intervene.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
The two links tell different stories. The first one says that all clubs rejected him and only in the last minute United decided to take a punt. The second one says it like I thought it went: he was on his way to City until various figures associated with the club decided to intervene.
The second link (ESPN) also says he was rejected by all these clubs and that City did not want to pay transfer fee to Juve, the title of the article is a bit confusing.

"......that Ronaldo's representatives (led by his agent, Jorge Mendes) were gauging interest from some of Europe's top clubs, including United, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain, if -- and, at that point, it was a big "if" -- he left Juventus. The answer from United at the time was a polite no................ Mendes got a similar answer from Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and Manchester City. Then came Harry Kane's announcement, made on Wednesday, that he would not be moving to City...."

City never wanted to pay the transfer fee which actually was frustrating for Juve management as they did not want Ronaldo to leave for free . Then United entered the conversation at that point agreeing to pay the transfer fee as said below.

"...........There was a reluctance to meet the financial demands of both Juventus and Ronaldo (for City) ---------- and Pep Guardiola also had reservations about how he would fit in on and off the pitch. ............ On Thursday night, Mendes received a proposal from United. On Friday morning, conversations with Juventus began and United assured the Italian club they were prepared to pay a fee, something City had so far resisted....."

The point is yes, obviously, City was interested in Ronaldo after Kane deal failed but never wanted to pay Juve the transfer fee and Pep was hesitant. Obviously, I have no idea what would happen if United did not join the conversation, whether or not City would agree with Juve on the transfer fee.

arthurka

No I agree liked I said he has been poor make no doubt about it. But having these defenders and midfielders isn't helping him one bit.

ForeverRed1

Love him but I think he needs to leave in the summer. It’s constant drama around the club and at this point in time it’s more harmful than good. Hopefully he goes to Lisbon for his last European adventure before spending a couple years in the MLS enjoying america. Then retire as the GOAT.

its been amazing to see him back in a United shirt, something we have dreamed of for years but it’s time to move on this summer and they got to get ruthless with this squad.

Josh 76

The second link (ESPN) also says he was rejected by all these clubs and that City did not want to pay transfer fee to Juve, the title of the article is a bit confusing.

"......that Ronaldo's representatives (led by his agent, Jorge Mendes) were gauging interest from some of Europe's top clubs, including United, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain, if -- and, at that point, it was a big "if" -- he left Juventus. The answer from United at the time was a polite no................ Mendes got a similar answer from Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and Manchester City. Then came Harry Kane's announcement, made on Wednesday, that he would not be moving to City...."

City never wanted to pay the transfer fee which actually was frustrating for Juve management as they did not want Ronaldo to leave for free . Then United entered the conversation at that point agreeing to pay the transfer fee as said below.

"...........There was a reluctance to meet the financial demands of both Juventus and Ronaldo (for City) ---------- and Pep Guardiola also had reservations about how he would fit in on and off the pitch. ............ On Thursday night, Mendes received a proposal from United. On Friday morning, conversations with Juventus began and United assured the Italian club they were prepared to pay a fee, something City had so far resisted....."

The point is yes, obviously, City was interested in Ronaldo after Kane deal failed but never wanted to pay Juve the transfer fee and Pep was hesitant. Obviously, I have no idea what would happen if United did not join the conversation, whether or not City would agree with Juve on the transfer fee.
Basically he was a player no team wanted!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nope. We're attributing his poor displays on him. And it's more than mere finishing. His general has been crap.
It's been like this for a while a Juve so it would have been unfair to expect an improvement at a worse team in a tougher league. His goalscoring struggles is for me, the main and only element of disappointment. He's missed too many good chances in too many games.

Deery

Dreary
It’s amazing the amount of activity in this thread and he didn’t even play, fecking nutters :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
If someone would just take over his wages I’d let him go. I knew this would happen.
Someone will at the end of the season. I think the bulk of his wages are made up from media and merch rights, which to be fair, he's more than entitled to. He can easily get paid £500k a week at a Sporting or something with them only actually having to fork out about £100k a week from their budget

crossy1686

career ending
You don’t know that, it’s just speculation.
You're right, I don't. I do know that he's in Portugal though and he flew there before the City game which is a bit shit considering we give Pogba a bunch of shit for fecking off to Dubai whenever he feels like it.

And Ralf said injured players should be recovering at the club, not abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.