Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcucumber

What could SAF say that’s relevant to Ronaldo? They’re very close. He isn’t the fecking cleaner.
A cleaner is at least employed by the club. Unfortunately, Fergie no longer is. We've had 6 managers since him. It's weird that we still call him in to sort shit out. If we want to become a big club again we need to act like one.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's 15 goals ahead of Messi in the CL, but Messi will have 2 more seasons at least in the CL...this is the shit Ronaldo will be thinking about
And why we should never have brought his selfish arse back in the first place

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If his heart is set on Atletico and they are interested, there may be merit to exploring a Griezmann swap. We'll need a forward, he isn't wanted there and is a Man Utd fan. I know his form has been quite poor but I don't see many options.

2 man midfield

A cleaner is at least employed by the club. Unfortunately, Fergie no longer is. We've had 6 managers since him. It's weird that we still call him in to sort shit out. If we want to become a big club again we need to act like one.
He’s a club director I think?

Dazzmondo

Letting him leave on a free would be a win for United. Hes not able to play the system of the manager, no pressing possible. He will cause huge trouble if not playing. That means he has to leave at all costs. If this means you let him leave on a free and get rid of the wages its a win, might even be worth paying part of his wages....
ETH obviously disagrees since he has clearly stated numerous times he wants to keep Ronaldo

BerryBerryShrew

Isn't it a bit weird that he has no qualms about going to Atletico? He rejected Citeh to come here because he didn't want the fan backlash. Is he not worried about his Real legacy?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Is he accompanied by Mendes for "personnal reasons" as well?

Pretty sad to see Ronaldo ruining his reputation for one more shot at the CL in a team that won't win it in a World Cup year.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If his heart is set on Atletico and they are interested, there may be merit to exploring a Griezmann swap. We'll need a forward, he isn't wanted there and is a Man Utd fan. I know his form has been quite poor but I don't see many options.
Isn't Greizmann still owned by Barca ? oh, god...I hope this doesn't involve some convoluted deal involving Greizmann, Ronaldo and Frenkie De Jong.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Atletico seduces Ronaldo the moist = they are the only club who are even remotely interested so he has no other choice

EDIT: im leaving the spelling error

Chief123

Isn't it a bit weird that he has no qualms about going to Atletico? He rejected Citeh to come here because he didn't want the fan backlash. Is he not worried about his Real legacy?
If we didn’t come in for him, he was defo going City. Loyalty stuff is nonsense.

peridigm

Probably trying the same shit with RM as he did with us. I doubt they will bite.

George The Best

Letting him leave on a free would be a win for United. Hes not able to play the system of the manager, no pressing possible. He will cause huge trouble if not playing. That means he has to leave at all costs. If this means you let him leave on a free and get rid of the wages its a win, might even be worth paying part of his wages....
Only works if anybody wants him though.

OverratedOpinion

I still really like Griezmann as a player and think he would suit us brilliantly but my god that deal would be a ball ache.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
The man himself (SAF) said it, he had to be top dog!

He had to be seen as the scariest, baddest, most feared but respected person in the locker room.

Pretty sure I recall him saying it in one of his many documentaries he got it from Sun Tzu - The Art of War.

How many players did SAF get rid off the minute a player undermined his personal position?
I mean football has changed. In theory now yes Ten Hag has to be the top dog in the training room on the pitch and everything to do with selction, but anything to do with transfers incomings and outgoings then Murtough needs to be where the buck stops. Either way these talks and there outcomes should be should not be down to a former managers relationship with a player. As its Ten Hag who has to work with Ronaldo and Murtough who should be ensuring that Ten Hag has the correct players at his disposal, Anything that undermines that power base will only hurt the club in the long run

BerryBerryShrew

Joao Felix or nobody from my perspective.

2 man midfield

I think we have enough of Griezmann’s type and need a number 9. He’s dropping us in the shit a bit late on to find one though.
Or the rest of the team should of done enough to stay in the champions league instead of downing tools
I mean I don’t see why they both can’t be true. I’d still bin him off even if we finished 4th.

Devil81

And this is why he should never be considered a legend of the club. I just hope to god the club aren't using Sir Alex to beg him into staying again.

All seems desperate.

mshnsh

Yawn.

I’m not gonna go back and forth on this. 90% of the younger generation idolise Ronaldo. They were all posting about him on their social media accounts as kids and really cba to dig it up now. I’ll give maybe 2 or 3 anecdotes. But it’s a pretty long list.

s=21&t=BAVl92eOogn7jnPoSN-Hig

I’ve hardly seen that for Messi.

In fact, Messi’s latest teammate ekitite was caught liking photos like this:

While he thinks Ronaldo is the GOAT

And how many of Ronaldo’s teammates have said Messi is better? I only know of a few.
You can say what you want. But in general, most neutrals will say Messi is atleast the best of his generation. The only exceptions are people who are affiliated with United, Real, Juve and the Portuguese national team.

And I will concur with those neutrals. Its very rare to get a performance from Ronaldo even in his prime whereby other than goals you feel like "wow what a game from him!" And that is because Ronaldo's allround play is atleast 2 levels below Messi. Messi's playmaking, dribbling and the magic in his goals are far superior to anything the goalpoacher has produced at anytime in his career.

Last edited:

Lewnited

This whole saga is just odd, I find it crazy that Ronaldo's camp are really doing this without having any potential suitors lined up.

I've seen no suggestion anywhere that we intend to hinder his move, much less block it entirely. We've maintained a position in public that he's not for sale, but that's just common sense. The biggest problem he has right now is the fact that no one is particularly interested.

Trex

Were do you play Griezmann, he excels as a second striker and not in any other role.

Trex

This whole saga is just odd, I find it crazy that Ronaldo's camp are really doing this without having any potential suitors lined up.

I've seen no suggestion anywhere that we intend to hinder his move, much less block it entirely. We've maintained a position in public that he's not for sale, but that's just common sense. The biggest problem he has right now is the fact that no one is particularly interested.
Exactly, its almost like he knows that and is coming back to say I want out so we can say no don't go.
Well he can feck off.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Were do you play Griezmann, he excels as a second striker and not in any other role.
I haven't watched much of him in recent years but whoscored.com have him playing as a centre-forward for the majority of his appearances last season, with attacking midfield as his second most frequent position.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Isn't Greizmann still owned by Barca ? oh, god...I hope this doesn't involve some convoluted deal involving Greizmann, Ronaldo and Frenkie De Jong.
:lol:

I didn't think MUFC would ever go for this BUT given how complicated it is, it may just interest our board. Our board love to swim against the current (and fail).

redcucumber

This really isn’t about the money as shown by him happy to take a pay cut to join another champions league club and oh turning down £250m for 2 years from Saudi. The best outcome is that we trigger that extra year but loan him out to Atletico for next year, then have him back for one last year under ETH. The best outcome from this mess. If only we had got top 4 last season ffs.
So keep paying 500k a week for 39 year old Ronaldo?! Jesus Christ, feck that. We can't afford to miss out on emerging talent because we're still paying a king's ransom for a 40 year old. If he was already a barrier to a pressing game last season, how will that no longer be a problem when he's even older?

Trex

I haven't watched much of him in recent years but whoscored.com have him playing as a centre-forward for the majority of his appearances last season, with attacking midfield as his second most frequent position.
He excels playing next to another striker were he can drop off and get on the ball.
Any other role he'll struggle.

BerryBerryShrew

If we didn’t come in for him, he was defo going City. Loyalty stuff is nonsense.
But going to City was a guarantee of titles and opportunities for loads of tap ins from 6 yards. I can see why he might have been willing to sacrifice sentiment in that situation. Atletico offer neither and if anything the prospect of a 37 year old with zero on pitch work ethic playing up top in a hoofball team under a team oriented maniac like Simeone should have him running for the hills before loyalty to Real even comes into the equation. It just seems like there is no benefit to this.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Agreed.
But, why did he come to us instead of MCFC? Did we offer bigger wages?
At MCFC, he'd probably score 30 league goals a season.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Seduces him? What is this, Mills and Boon?
How ironic would it be if he went to Atletico, ruined the team harmony, finished 3rd in the CL group and ended up in the Europa League anyway.

I wonder how the Atletico fans are going to react to this if it comes off? They don't seem too happy at the moment

redcucumber

Considering they are being offered by a cnut who sympathises more with Pogba's injuries than a man losing a child. I think I'll pass on those, but thanks for the offer.

Instead of being a cu....
Don't be obtuse for the sake of argument, especially with regards to the death of a child. Obviously people empathise with what Ronaldo and his family went through. That doesn't mean they can't also think Ronaldo has missed all of preseason because he wants to leave the club for footballing reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.