Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

'Zero offers' is surely the key thing.

For all the fuss, nobody has actually bid for the guy.

MrEleson

This what I got from twitter:

“In the end #mendes will ask utd to loan ronaldo for one season so he can play ucl and UTD should finish in top four in PL So RONalDo Will come back and play for utd again
If utd fail to finish top four then the loan team will buy ronaldo..

That is the real outcome”

There would be a meltdown if this happened.

mshnsh

He did admire Ronaldo more if you look deeper into it. It’s common knowledge. He used to idolized Ronaldo in his youth, he said something along the lines that Ronaldo inspire him most as footballer, on several occasions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Haaland-reveals-Cristiano-Ronaldo-model.html
That has nothing to do with who is better. Ronaldo has played for 3 pf thr most popular clubs in the world. He has to be popular. But as a player he is and has always been Inferior to Messi in every department barring scoring goals.

Brophs

The One and Only
A bit like Pogba until he eventually went on a free, he’ll probably stay here because there’s no real market for him.

Steven Seagull

Can't really see the issue with the big boys at the club getting together for what is probably a difficult mature conversation. Some people in this thread perhaps are too immature to imagine how that is something that happens sometimes. It's not all game of thrones and fan TV

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

'Zero offers' is surely the key thing.

For all the fuss, nobody has actually bid for the guy.
I think that’s why he’s brought Mendes with him. Our response when he says he wants to leave is obviously going to be “well nobody fecking wants ya” — at which point super agent Jorge starts his snake oil pitch and tells us how Bayern and Atletico really want him but we just have to make it easy as possible and give him the rest of the window to sort it out.

TsuWave

If his heart is set on Atletico and they are interested, there may be merit to exploring a Griezmann swap. We'll need a forward, he isn't wanted there and is a Man Utd fan. I know his form has been quite poor but I don't see many options.
Griezmann is shite. Does Atletico even own the rights to him? Also, he was a Beckham fan, not necessarily United fan

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

“In the end #mendes will ask utd to loan ronaldo for one season so he can play ucl and UTD should finish in top four in PL So RONalDo Will come back and play for utd again

Why the feck would we like to wait a year for even older Ronaldo? In what World does it make any sense for us?

Rolaholic

Absolutely a losing proposition when talking about a 37 year old...

Maybe when he was still 24-33 but definitely not now. The game's moved on from teams being built around individuals too

spiriticon

I really doubt we're asking any sort of astronomical transfer fee for him, if any at all.

If he can't leave, it's really not our fault.

redshaw

Is his agent necessary if he's staying and doing clear the air talks. I suppose he can explain what's gone on but if Ronaldo is back to train and stay then just knuckle down. Seems there's more to it and it's about him moving even though reports suggest no-one is in for him.

Hopefully if Ronaldo wants to go then we can accept a low fee as we didn't pay that much I think? Or just release him and both agree to terminate the contract.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Absolutely a losing proposition for a 37 year old...

Maybe when he wast still 24-33 but definitely not now. The game's moved on from teams being built around individuals too
Exactly. People seem to want to apply the same historical indicators of his performance and project it to the near future. He's 38 -- great as a swimwear model but not great in the modern approach to how ETH wants to play.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
What an ego the man has. Unilaterally skips preseason - and a new manager's first preseason at that - then has flies to his office to have 'talks' about doing his goddamn job.

All I can hope is that the club back Ten Hag. I fear the marketing team and of course the Glazers will override him though, and make him coddle Ronnie because, erm, brand.

It was always a mistake to bring him back, but it was only supposed to be a mistake for a season or so, not drag on like this. Get rid of the man already.

Rolaholic

Is his agent necessary if he's staying and doing clear the air talks. I suppose he can explain what's gone on but if Ronaldo is back to train and stay then just knuckle down. Seems there's more to it and it's about him moving even though reports suggest no-one is in him.
Mendes is there to back up his alibi for missing preseason camp due to his personal issue

Trex

Absolutely a losing proposition for a 37 year old...

Maybe when he wast still 24-33 but definitely not now. The game's moved on from teams being built around individuals too
No top manager sucks his c**k at this point

Chief123

He only has 1 year left on his contract anyway. If he goes on loan, he’ll be a free agent at the end of it.

Right now, if there are no buyers, the next best thing for us is he goes on loan.

phelans shorts

Is his agent necessary if he's staying and doing clear the air talks. I suppose he can explain what's gone on but if Ronaldo is back to train and stay then just knuckle down. Seems there's more to it and it's about him moving even though reports suggest no-one is in for him.
If I’m having a serious official meeting like this then I’m making sure my representative is sat with me. Regardless of where I stand at that moment.

Siorac

Bringing him back was a mistake. He's way more trouble than he's worth at this stage, even when he doesn't want to leave.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Nice edit ;)

Oranges038

This has zero to do with losing a child. It's actually quite strange that you think he's decided to leave United is because of that.

How would going to Chelsea or Bayern make him feel better? please explain that to me. Will the London shops make her feel better, or is she just a big fan of Oktoberfest?

He wants to play in the CL PURELY for his own personal gain. Nothing to do with his partner or her emotions.
You’re being naive to think he wants to leave Utd because of the death of his child and that’s why he missed pre-season as well.

Madrid wasn’t even his preferred destination. It’s been openly reported that his agent has been trying to manufacture a move for him to Bayern, Chelsea, Barca who have all come out and said they don’t want him. He wants to move for personal footballing reasons.
Thanks for clearing that up, you guys really must have a great relationship with him and his wife to know all that. You are two very lucky people.

I was stupid to think that something so trivial as losing a child has had any bearing on the mans decisions about his plans for the rest of his time in the game.

I guess it really is all just about him and his own personal quest for more glory. Nothing more nothing less.

MrEleson

He only has 1 year left on his contract anyway. If he goes on loan, he’ll be a free agent at the end of it.

Right now, if there are no buyers, the next best thing for us is he goes on loan.
Yeah it’s nonsense but I guess this theory works if United did trigger the option of the 2nd year as reported.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Thanks for clearing that up, you guys really must have a great relationship with him and his wife to know all that. You are two very lucky people.
I was stupid to think that something so trivial as losing a child has had any bearing on the mans decisions about his plans for the rest of his time in the game.
I guess it really is all just about him and his own personal quest for more glory. Nothing more nothing less.
Its ok. You dont need to be so hard on yourself.

You live & learn.

mctrials23

You build your team around peak Ronaldo and Messi. You don't rebuild a team around guys who will be retired or irrelevant in a few years.

I have to believe that we aren't still stupid enough to bow to someone like Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.