g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid234

I mean SAF could be there to do some promo shoots or interview for the new season.. we are little under 2 weeks from start of the season

klayton88

Carrignton I said
That was my joke, nevermind. I used to play a game when I was a kid and they had no licenses so wet get things like David Beecham and Bryan Riggs from the Trafford Stadium.

Trex

People belittling his personal circumstances without knowing the facts just a few months after he lost a child are utter cnuts. Especially those who sympathise with Pogba's injuries.
Because it comes across like an excuse, few days before the tour news broke he wants out and then he has personal reasons to not be on tour.
While he was training in Lisbon by himself, posting photos of his body (wanker), and his agent whoring him around without any takers.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Sir Alex is probably there so they can spin it that Ronaldo u-turned on his decision after talking with him, when in reality he just has no options.

stu_1992

Feels as though it's all coming to a head today. Expecting news by the evening one way or the other from journalists.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Yeah because a woman modelling in panties precludes her from mourning the recent death of her child. Such a disgusting and off base opinion. Jesus H Christ. Even for the caf that is bad.

Reactions: Fortitude

Oranges038

His wife was modeling in her panties this morning on instagram, I think they are all fine.
Like I said, cnuts.

That was tragic. But let’s be honest, this has nothing to do with that.

Ronaldo and his agent have been quite active in a transfer move more than anything else. He’s not been on pre season tour due to him not wanting to stay. Utd have been happy with that arrangement too as they are open to letting him go.
How do you know?

How do you know the loss of a child hasn't triggered some decisions from him about what he wants to do with the time he has left in the game?

I don't care if he wants to leave, it makes no difference to my life. We all know he has a a big ego. But people making out like the loss of his child only a few months ago has nothing to do with anything surrounding his absence or decision making and that it's all about Ronaldo are cnuts.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People belittling his personal circumstances without knowing the facts just a few months after he lost a child are utter cnuts. Especially those who sympathise with Pogba's injuries.
:lol: aww if you're that gullible i've got some magic beans for sale if you're interested.

MrEleson

Yet our fans think he’s not good enough, a special lot we are.
People just change their opinions to suit whatever narrative they have in the moment. Most had him as our player of the year by a while in the POTS thread (although not saying much).

bringbackbebe

It's pure disrespect for the club fans that neither ETH nor Ronaldo are tweeting anything live about their discussions

Chief123

Like I said, cnuts.

How do you know?

How do you know the loss of a child hasn't triggered some decisions from him about what he wants to do with the time he has left in the game?

I don't care if he wants to leave, it makes no difference to my life. We all know he has a a big ego. But people making out like the loss of his child only a few months ago has nothing to do with anything surrounding his absence or decision making and that it's all about Ronaldo are cnuts.
Instead of being an irrational emotional bell…calm down mate.

Does the loss of his child suddenly trigger a desire to want to move to a club in the champions league?

OverratedOpinion

Because it comes across like an excuse, few days before the tour news broke he wants out and then he has personal reasons to not be on tour.
While he was training in Lisbon by himself, posting photos of his body (wanker), and his agent whoring him around without any takers.
Funnily someone mourning a child does not always involve them sitting in a dark room and weeping 24 hours a day.

His agent is looking for another club because he wants to leave.

I think it's very fair to imagine that when the season finished and he had the time to reflect he felt very overwhelmed and that played a huge part in him not coming on tour. It isn't like he hasn't gone on pre-season tours with us whilst he was angling for a move before.

Flying high

Everyone knows Ronaldo is one of the most driven and ambitious people in football. Why on earth would he want to stay when our response to finishing 6th is so..... well let's say long term, to be kind.

He's 37 with little time left and more records to break. It's best for us all if he moves on.

No animosity from me. We should all have known what we were getting.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Really feel like this is not a big a deal as people make it out to be. Either way let’s get on with the season.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Him being photographed taking Mendes with him on his return to training is 2 fingers to the club. This should all be managed behind closed doors.

doomy20

The circus has arrived.

I'm putting my bets on now. Ronaldo is back with his tail between his legs but will attempt to play this as him doing us all a favour and that he will stick around if the club agrees that he doesn't get the 25% wage reduction that the rest of the squad have.
Is this a fact. Squad got a 25% reduction due to not having qualified for CL? No way

backpass

Letting him leave on a free would be a win for United. Hes not able to play the system of the manager, no pressing possible. He will cause huge trouble if not playing. That means he has to leave at all costs. If this means you let him leave on a free and get rid of the wages its a win, might even be worth paying part of his wages....

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Like I said, cnuts.

How do you know?

Just don't bother with them mate. You can tell from the level of emotional maturity and empathy that you're literally arguing with twelve year olds. I stopped a while back.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Letting him leave on a free would be a win for United. Hes not able to play the system of the manager, no pressing possible. He will cause huge trouble if not playing. That means he has to leave at all costs. If this means you let him leave on a free and get rid of the wages its a win, might even be worth paying part of his wages....
Agree.
Plus, isn't this similar to how it played out eventually at Juve ?

LARulz

Not if he goes to a top 4 rival in Chelsea who seem pretty desperate right now

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Really feel like this is not a big a deal as people make it out to be. Either way let’s get on with the season.
It probably isn't but this is part of the Ronaldo package. Having one of the most famous football players ever, someone who transcends the sport itself, just means everything is a big deal.

Tibs

He's 15 goals ahead of Messi in the CL, but Messi will have 2 more seasons at least in the CL...this is the shit Ronaldo will be thinking about

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t see why we’re desperate for him to stay, bringing in Sir Alex etc. Fair enough if he can’t get a club and we’re stuck with him for another year but he’s actually doing us a favour. I get the feeling we just don’t want to replace him this summer.

Chief123

Just don't bother with them mate. You can tell from the level of emotional maturity and empathy that you're literally arguing with twelve year olds. I stopped a while back.
7 minutes earlier…

Yeah because a woman modelling in panties precludes her from mourning the recent death of her child. Such a disgusting and off base opinion. Jesus H Christ. Even for the caf that is bad.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It probably isn't but this is part of the Ronaldo package. Having one of the most famous footballer players ever, someone who transcends the sport itself, just means everything is a big deal.
He and Mendes made it a big deal, tbf.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He'd be in a better position to appeal to Ronaldo on a emotional/personal level than any of the others could, you'd think. Whether that's a positive or not....
Yeah, that's the question.

If this was ten years ago, it would make sense: do whatever it takes to keep an incredible asset at the club.

Now, though? Does Arnold think Ronaldo is an incredible asset?

(And in what way?)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A very likely outcome. Along with a commitment a few quid to be spent on better players.
He doesn't give a shit about better players, he just wants to play in the CL to keep stretching his goal record.

His personal gain is all he cares about. He will leave whether on loan or a transfer.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yet the latest we got is that CR7 is not even in his top 3. There is a difference between who is an inspiration in his youth and who he admires more now.
Well the latest CR7 is 37, if people doesn’t think Pele was top 3 player at age 37, doesn’t mean they don’t admire Pele higher over his career.

Betson

ETH probably does want Ronado to to stay , but I sure he could do without all the circus building up around it.

He is a very hands on manager/coach so I suspect he would much prefer to be on the training pitch working with players and concentrating 100% on that rather than in a boardroom dealing with want away players and agents , club officials etc , and then fielding countless press questions about those meetings.

Whatever the outcome I hope it is sorted today or as quick as possible and this circus does not drag on for another few weeks.

kps88

I wouldn't be too fussed if it wasn't a position in which we're so short in. The season is a little more than a week away and we currently only have Martial who is comfortable playing as a striker. It's important we sort this out quickly so we can sign a replacement if he does want to go.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Ronaldo will walk out today without the 25% reduction and probably a new raise on top of that.
This really isn’t about the money as shown by him happy to take a pay cut to join another champions league club and oh turning down £250m for 2 years from Saudi. The best outcome is that we trigger that extra year but loan him out to Atletico for next year, then have him back for one last year under ETH. The best outcome from this mess. If only we had got top 4 last season ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.